• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

When is it time to move on from MBTI?

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When you start making threads asking things like which type has the worst constipation. (ISTJs, if you're wondering) ;)

watch someone make this a reality in the Fluff section. Just watch...

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
When you start making threads asking things like which type has the worst constipation. (ISTJs, if you're wondering) ;)

:shock:

I just might do that sometime...

:laugh:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

That one would belong in this fluff section thread.

So ya, already beat everyone to it :tongue:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
when it's more limiting than helpful.

what a loaded question though, lol.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
when it's more limiting than helpful.

what a loaded question though, lol.

I basically agree. When it starts doing more harm than good. I wonder, though, if it has changed my way of thinking permanently... because even if I can consciously look through the MBTI 'lens', and then remove that lens, (I can't even say I can do that!) perhaps my thoughts have been in some way irreparably changed by MBTI. That's probably a near-certainty, actually. Once introduced to it maybe I can never go back to the way I was. Like I can push the lens away but not completely. I guess this is not all bad, so long as I make sure I can get away from the stereotypes. ..

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's a useful tool to aid communication, but ultimately there are so many exceptions to the rule, it's a rough estimate of behaviour. So long as you aren't using it to screen prospective life partners (or potential employees) and using it as a method to reject an otherwise good choice, it's all good.
It's all about moderation, peeps.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When you are getting seriously invested in a relationship with any individual, friendship or otherwise.

Mole

Permabanned
A conversation piece

First we fall in love with MBTI. And for some of us it is enlightening and for others, obsessive. But as time goes by and we mature, we start to fall out of love with MBTI and we start to criticise MBTI. And we can be just as obsessive out of love as those who are in love. And the obsessive call to the obsessive.

But eventully the sturm und drang subsides and we are left with a conversation piece.

rav3n

My religion forbids this. I will never go. We will just have to get counseling. I can only hope that MBTI will change someday for the sake of the family. :cry:
You know you can't change men. MBTI will forever be wearing a baseball cap to dinner.

wolfy

awsm
Moving on from MBTI is much like moving on from any relationship. Once the magic is gone, it's time to go.

Never! The spark is gone but I'm safe and secure in my pleasurable test results. Three times a year and on Wednesdays.

rav3n

Never! The spark is gone but I'm safe and secure in my pleasurable test results. Three times a year and on Wednesdays.
And what a lovely picture you've painted of the golden years, sitting side by side in rocking chairs with baby cognitive functions running amuck all around you.

wolfy

awsm
And what a lovely picture you've painted of the golden years, sitting side by side in rocking chairs with baby cognitive functions running amuck all around you.

It's beautiful. Their artistic inkblots on the wall. Sitting side by side with green T, wondering what'd be like if we'd had it.

rav3n

It's beautiful. Their artistic inkblots on the wall. Sitting side by side with green T, wondering what'd be like if we'd had it.
Much better than T-types, where we'd be observing little Fe and Fi, wondering about these curious creatures, wondering what we should be feeling beyond wishing them long lives and prosperity.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Much better than T-types, where we'd be observing little Fe and Fi, wondering about these curious creatures, wondering what we should be feeling beyond wishing them long lives and prosperity.

And then FiFi, in all her perceived dominance, will yap, howl and cry, causing me to spill some hot Te. :steam:

What a damn NiNi.