User Tag List

First 12

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Sensor. Intuitive. Sensor. Intuitive. Does it really matter that much?
    It does if the person you are communicating with has thrown out half of your content due to a type related bias. And, that becomes a recurring theme.

Also, I hate it when people are wrong. If they misunderstand something that little they are misunderstanding something a lot bigger as well.

It's a frustration.

IRL, I really don't care, then again no one is speaking to me as an intuitive or a sensor.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Premature threading occasionally happens to the best of us. If the problem persists, go see a doctor.

As for the dichotomies, I think that balance is desireable for all of them. Some achieve that earlier, others later and maybe a few never will. Life experiences seem to have quite a strong influence on how fast that happens.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    It does if the person you are communicating with has thrown out half of your content due to a type related bias. And, that becomes a recurring theme.

Also, I hate it when people are wrong. If they misunderstand something that little they are misunderstanding something a lot bigger as well.

It's a frustration.

IRL, I really don't care, then again no one is speaking to me as an intuitive or a sensor.
    Hells bells, you and I actually agree on something.
    The last sentence of your post is crucial. Be happy about it.

garbage

Some where along the line even intuitives had to learn how to compartmentalize their sensory world. Otherwise you would be hearing things on the news like, "Another intuitive has stepped into oncoming traffic." Intuitives would become extinct faster than we could even type them.
    Similarly, somewhere down the line, sensors learn that seeing a light turn red has a deeper meaning beyond "that light is now red," lest they also walk into oncoming traffic because they could not make an association between a red light and being dead if they entered the road.

.. or something like that.

Typing those words makes me feel very, very dirty. But, yeah, y'all get what I'm saying.

When someone tries to map cognitive functions to capabilities or brain activities, they're in for a world of hurt. They should at least back up and remember that types are intended to be about preferences. then maybe they need to back up even further and evaluate whether or not it's just bullshit anyway?

ThatGirl

After further consideration I have decided I am probably to blame for my own frustration as I look for people to contingency plan with. Or try to pry people for feedback on the situations I am mulling over in my mind. When people think I am a sensor it pisses me off, because that means they aren't getting the whole picture therefore my speaking with them isn't going to fulfill my needs anyway. I don't trust their feedback....

Now, my ESTP used to be excellent for bouncing ideas off of or showing me what I missed, and most INTJs are too.

However the bottom line is I probably wouldn't get so upset if I wasn't expecting the wrong things.

your resident asshole

Yet people would swear up and down that I am an S and I think it is hilarious because just because you dont remember or you werent paying attention doesnt make you more N than someone else. Since when have Ns become oblivious to their external world.
    Ahh yes... I'm a VERY absentminded S, myself. I think this type of thing is more related to E vs. I than S vs. N because E's are more focused on the external world and I's on the internal.

Some where along the line even intuitives had to learn how to compartmentalize their sensory world. Otherwise you would be hearing things on the news like, "Another intuitive has stepped into oncoming traffic." Intuitives would become extinct faster than we could even type them. Just because I had the intellect and ability to do it pretty fucking well, does not make me a goddamned sensor!
    Oh the many casualties!

*edit* Oops, I didn't realize there was more than one post in this thread.... and I seem to have bumped it a bit. :P
    Really, MBTI in itself is subjective. There's going to be bias and generalization all over the place. I understand your annoyance, though.