• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

S/N`s have your ever found yourself in a situation where you were being petty?

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
are you capable of being petty? is pettiness something you struggle with? what would you chock up to being petty?

A

Anew Leaf

I feel most petty when I am driving. If you can't figure out how to plan your trip efficiently enough to know when to merge lanes so you are in the proper lane in order to exit... don't expect me to let you cut in front of me, causing me to slam on my brakes whilst driving at 70 in a 55 zone.... especially when there is a giant mile behind me of open, carless road.

in more real day to day things... If I am in a healthy frame of reference, ie no undue extra stress, I tend to not be particularly petty. If I do have a petty moment, I usually berate myself internally for quite a while... even if I don't act on that inclination.... I still mentally view it the idea as the same as the action.

I try to avoid my mental punishments if I can help it.

T

ThatGirl

I get petty with crap like this.....

Co-Workers: What are you bringing to the company pot luck?

TG: There is a company pot luck? I didn't even know about it, I am not bringing anything.

Co-Workers: Well then you can't eat....if you don't bring anything.

TG: Okay....I never eat at work, you guys always make fun of me for that.

Co-Workers: If you don't bring something you can't eat.

TG: I wasn't planning on it.

Co-workers: It is only fair.

TG: I wasn't planing to eat.

Co-Workers: So, you wont be eating then?

TG: No....I am sure your cooking tastes like shit anyway. :D

P

Phantonym

Who admits to being petty?

People with self-awareness I guess.

are you capable of being petty? is pettiness something you struggle with? what would you chock up to being petty?

Yeah, I'm capable of it. Who isn't? No, it's not something I struggle with. I guess it's something that might emerge in epic proportions when I'm extremely stressed. Under normal circumstances I try to be aware of it and nip it in the bud.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Everyone gets petty. Is this a joke thread, or a test to see how many self-righteous deluded members we have on the forum?

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
When am I not petty?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can be petty, for sure. Sometimes it's about food, like: "I don't want that broken piece; I want the good one!". My worst pettiness, though, is when I get hung up on semantics or become sensitive over a perceived slight. I wouldn't call pettiness a defining trait of mine though. I think that one you'll find harder to get confessions for.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
im not petty im an "N". i see the grand scheme of teh universe. senserz r rite dumb.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've been sucked into being petty... By petty in-laws. :steam: I got tired of always making a point to attend events, and even rearranging my schedule for it... Only to be ignored whenever I have an event. So it's going to be a long time before I make an appearance at any events. So yeah, I'm being petty, but dammit, my feelings got hurt and I'm tired of it. :alttongue:

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh I'm never petty.*poker face* Never ever.
I'm not being petty right now with my music turned up so loud, my neighbours ears must be bleeding. (She complained about me being noisey to the super. I lived here for a year with no complaints, so the super just laughed at her, knowing I'm actually really quiet.)So I've decided to give my neighbour something to complain about. Shame, I don't have boyfriend to have really loud sex with.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, yesterday. It was embarrassing, even though I could argue that the other person had it coming. I apologized 2 hours later.