User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 16 of 16

  1. #11
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    I'm not sure why you think I'm talking to or about you in particular.
    -end of thread-

  2. #12
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    I have feelings ahead of events. It's not a process that I can influence at all. I don't want to call them premonitions because that seems like I would buy into something too otherworldly without knowing the mechanism of why I get these feelings about things. I don't feel at all like I can predict things deliberately and the specific things I'm talking about are not at all like the hunches I get about how a person's behavior will manifest. These are weird things that I'm slightly embarrassed to go into detail about because it sounds so absurd. Sometimes I just know something and I've never had one of those feelings and it not panned out. It doesn't happen a lot though and I don't even think about whether it's rare or whatnot. I just know when to pay attention to something. *sigh* If I had to put forth a little theory, I have noticed that I only get them in relation to people I care immensely for.
    I don't think I could articulate my own feelings more clearly. I completely understand and agree with your sentiments with the exception of your last statement after *sigh*. My intuitions are not limited to those that I care immensely for but they are certainly more accurate if I know people better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity;1533674

    It'd be more interesting to see someone who could consistently have premonitions of unrelated things which came true. Happening once or twice in a [I
    lifetime [/I]is hardly impressive, particularly if it concerns something common to everyday life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Because You posted after me and mentioned "one or two times in a life time".

    Talking is what we are supposed to do here, right? If you have other ideas, I am all ears.

    I didn't realize we needed invitations to comment on each others posts , I'll bear that in mind.
    Forgive me for my comments here. The fact is that some of us do intuit certain things. We use that intuition to predict what will happen in the future. Sometimes, it goes as far as a premonition. We're not going to be able to demonstrate how we predictably have premonitions and how the result relates to that. Yet, we do have trust in our intuition. I just had a rather heated debate on this very subject over dinner. I trust my intuitions, yet know they are not are not facts. I am not going to argue with someone on how I can prove what I intuit.

    Anyway - with respect to indirect, passive aggressive. or undercutting remarks (you vs. me). Please stop that. It's boring. I am speaking totally as a member right now and not as a mod.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  3. #13
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Well thank you for understanding Highlander. The Intuition stuff anyway.

    However as one member to another, you might want to ask why I received such a mean spirited response for posting on topic.
    I am not alone in feeling her post was a response to mine.. MY rep hits says so. One person used the word "speechless".

    As a member to a Mod.. I have taken your advice and backed off.
    Please consider that.
    A few times, it sure feels like some people are not taking their own advice.

    Thanks
    Point noted. Well, it is not to say you are wrong Arclight but from my perspective, I personally didn't interpret it as a "mean spirited response", "a response to mine", etc. It was one person's view or opinion. That is just my own personal interpretation though. In either case, I do not wish to dismiss your concern in any way whatsoever. My sense is though that we should get over it and move on . I would suggest focusing on the point of the debate vs. the interpretations or perceived politics related to it

    I am still not speaking as a mod. It is just my view as a member. I can view in with that opinion or perspective later if you want.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  4. #14
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I'm not sure why you think I'm talking to or about you in particular.
    Let me rephrase, since this post was apparently ever so cruel and heartless.

    I wasn't talking about any member in particular. Not attacking, not insulting, not passive-aggressively prodding, not dismissing, not judging, not even engaging. I trust that there is no need for further discussion on the matter, and the thread can return to its original topic.
    -end of thread-

  5. #15
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,912

    Default

    I still completely believe in premonitions. Yes, I do!!!!!

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  6. #16
    violaine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I don't think I could articulate my own feelings more clearly. I completely understand and agree with your sentiments with the exception of your last statement after *sigh*. My intuitions are not limited to those that I care immensely for but they are certainly more accurate if I know people better.
    I also feel strangely psy-linked to those people I'm very close to. It's a very weird sensation. I just know things. And I'm not wrong. Not ever when I get those certain feelings. *shrug*

    Hmm, it makes me wonder if I stomp on my intuitions sometimes in relation to other people because I know that if I publicly aired them, they would be hard to explain/defend. (It's happened before.) I think I'm going to stop doing that.

    Very interesting hearing everyone's experiences. And thanks for starting another interesting thread, SilkRoad.
    Last edited by violaine; 04-13-2011 at 03:56 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. MBTI appeal of Death Note anime?
    By Economica in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 12-25-2015, 03:42 PM
  2. Of death and children and American culture... What's the reason?
    By Risen in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-18-2012, 11:58 AM
  3. Death and the Forfeit of Reason
    By Into It in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 12:31 AM
  4. Death and the Forfeit of Reason
    By Into It in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2010, 01:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO