User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Anew Leaf

shortnsweet: I <3 you (even if you are an s... hehe )

I am taking the test now and I chuckled at:
    A. The thought of ruling the world frightens the hell out of me.

B. If I ruled the world it would be a better place.

Totally B! Everyone would get a pony!!!

But something tells me that isn't what this question is asking... frowny face.

And my hilarious results:

Your score is
    Maximum is 40. Average for Americans is 15. Highest tested celebrity is Robin Quivers, with 34.

Your score for Authority is LOW
    Your score for Self-sufficiency is MEDIUM
    Your score for Superiority is MEDIUM
    Your score for Exhibitionism is LOW
    Your score for Exploitativeness is MEDIUM
    Your score for Vanity is LOW
    Your score for Entitlement is LOW

Most of the leader/follower questions had answers that didn't really apply to me. I prefer doing my own thing as much as possible. I am content to let someone else to lead so long as they are competent. If they aren't competent then I do not mind leading the group onward to victory and a mug of pudding.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Yes, I also noticed that. Someone would probably have to be in a sever state of self loathing and depression to not answer in a "narcissistic" fashion on some of those questions though.
    I agree, I thinking getting a low to moderate score might indicate healthy self-esteem and initiative, where as getting a total zero might equal doormat syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Man. Can't even make a joke on this forum anymore!

I was kidding!

Took the test and got a 5 the first time, didn't save the results though. Took it again, and here they are.

Your score is
    Your score for Superiority is MEDIUM
    Your score for Exploitativeness is LOW
    Your score for Vanity is MEDIUM

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    I wont comment on that, but here is a test. There once was a thread where members posted their results, if i remember correctly.
    I scored a 32 out of 40. average for americans is 15.
    Your score for Authority is HIGH
    Your score for Self-sufficiency is HIGH
    Your score for Superiority is HIGH
    Your score for Exhibitionism is HIGH
    Your score for Vanity is HIGH
    Your score for Entitlement is HIGH

damn, maybe I'm a little more of a narcissist than I thought. in all honesty though, I didn't like a lot of the questions. I think my entitlement and exploitativeness are actualy extremely low (I demand the best, but I don't want people to just give it to me. I take what I want), and my exhibitionism is probably a little lower. I also didn't how the questions pit you against everyone else. I care about other people's best interests, but it's a choice between other people's best interest or my own, I'm taking care of my own no questions asked. being an objectivist does not make one a narcissist. similarly, I don't much want authority over people, but if they try to gain authority over me, I'm going to dominate their ass lol. also, I don't really expect anything of other people if they stay out of my way. all in all, I think my scores should look more like this:

Authority MEDIUM-HIGH
    Self-sufficiency is HIGH
    Superiority is HIGH
    Exhibitionism is MEDIUM-LOW
    Exploitativeness is LOW
    Vanity is HIGH
    Entitlement is LOW
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    well i just looked up more of this thing and turns out that they changed some criteria for certain disorders for this new version(your link), because of too high overlapping between some dp diagnosis(due to bad questions in the previous version), including those correlated to npd. the table you showed is from the last version, so if it was on that book, it was only there to criticize the previous version and showing where it went wrong. in short, that correlation in your pic isnt valid. Boo-yah
    NPD was associated with mental disability among men but not women. High co-occurrence rates of substance use, mood, and anxiety disorders and other personality disorders were observed. With additional comorbidity controlled for, associations with bipolar I disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, and schizotypal and borderline personality disorders remained significant, but weakened, among men and women.

================================================== ================================================== ===
    Prevalence, correlates, disability, and comorbidity of DSM-IV narcissistic personality disorder: results from the wave 2 national epidemiologic survey on alcohol and related conditions.

Stinson FS, Dawson DA, Goldstein RB, Chou SP, Huang B, Smith SM, Ruan WJ, Pulay AJ, Saha TD, Pickering RP, Grant BF.

Laboratory of Epidemiology and Biometry, Division of Intramural Clinical and Biological Research, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892-9304, USA.
    Abstract

OBJECTIVES: To present nationally representative findings on prevalence, sociodemographic correlates, disability, and comorbidity of narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) among men and women.

METHOD: Face-to-face interviews with 34,653 adults participating in the Wave 2 National Epidemiologic Survey on Alcohol and Related Conditions conducted between 2004 and 2005 in the United States.

RESULTS: Prevalence of lifetime NPD was 6.2%, with rates greater for men (7.7%) than for women (4.8%). NPD was significantly more prevalent among black men and women and Hispanic women, younger adults, and separated/divorced/widowed and never married adults. NPD was associated with mental disability among men but not women. High co-occurrence rates of substance use, mood, and anxiety disorders and other personality disorders were observed. With additional comorbidity controlled for, associations with bipolar I disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, and schizotypal and borderline personality disorders remained significant, but weakened, among men and women. Similar associations were observed between NPD and specific phobia, generalized anxiety disorder, and bipolar II disorder among women and between NPD and alcohol abuse, alcohol dependence, drug dependence, and histrionic and obsessive-compulsive personality disorders among men. Dysthymic disorder was significantly and negatively associated with NPD.

CONCLUSIONS: NPD is a prevalent personality disorder in the general U.S. population and is associated with considerable disability among men, whose rates exceed those of women. NPD may not be as stable as previously recognized or described in the DSM-IV. The results highlight the need for further research from numerous perspectives to identify the unique and common genetic and environmental factors underlying the disorder-specific associations with NPD observed in this study.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

took it again and got 28. this seems about where I would rate myself
    Your score for Exhibitionism is MEDIUM
    Your score for Entitlement is MEDIUM

I think my self sufficiency HIGH and my Entitlement is Low, but other than that, I think it was more accurate this time around
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Your score for Exhibitionism is MEDIUM
    Your score for Entitlement is MEDIUM

I think my self sufficiency HIGH and my Entitlement is Low, but other than that, I think it was more accurate this time around
    Either way - with either score - would indicate NPD, though it's something that shouldn't really be self-diagnosed by an on-line test.

I remember being frightened at one point that I had BPD, but I have been reasurred by multiple therapists that I do not have this disorder at all. Having abandonment issues =/= BPD...sometimes people think they have a certain thing when they read about it on-line, but it's important to have it diagnosed.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    That's because you rated yourself.

Isn't it obvious? Seriously...

you make a thread thinking that NPD is cool, then you take a test which confirms you have a cool disorder.

Awesome.

And if the test would have been reliable at all, nobody would have needed a doctor's diagnosis.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Yes, I also noticed that. Someone would probably have to be in a sever state of self loathing and depression to not answer in a "narcissistic" fashion on some of those questions though.
    I answered in a narcissistic fashion on some of those questions and got a 5 too.

But all of my results said LOW. I am just modest, not self-loathing.

Your score for Self-sufficiency is LOW
    Your score for Superiority is LOW
    Your score for Exploitativeness is LOW
    Your score for Vanity is LOW