User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    is there a test to see if you're narcissistic? I think I might be a little bit
    I dunno, you've said quite a few times you didn't care about whether or not you had the approval of others and wasn't willing to "suck up" to anybody... that doesn't seem to fit the symptoms, does it?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    is there a test to see if you're narcissistic? I think I might be a little bit
    I wont comment on that, but here is a test. There once was a thread where members posted their results, if i remember correctly.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP

I think most of them go unnoticed.
    And when I say unnoticed I mean their disorder goes unnoticed.

It seems like almost everybody doesn't see anything wrong in them initially.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    They may not want to seek help because they lack insight, as well. (Like lots of other personality disorders)
    Or just a lot of people.

Insight could be insufficient to motivate or incentivise change, there are plenty of people who know the harm they are doing themselves and everyone immediately around them and persist in it, whether its the adrenaline charged investment gambler who doesnt care about bankrupting entire nations or the street drinker, they'll rationalise, redirect and shirk responsibilities.

The problem is that our society isnt exactly culturally resistant to this kind of disorder.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Can't narcissism be known as a trait as well, though, rather than always being a disorder?
    I wouldnt say so, confidence or esteem I would consider traits. Narcissists may exhibit those thraits without possessing them.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Or just a lot of people.

Insight could be insufficient to motivate or incentivise change, there are plenty of people who know the harm they are doing themselves and everyone immediately around them and persist in it, whether its the adrenaline charged investment gambler who doesnt care about bankrupting entire nations or the street drinker, they'll rationalise, redirect and shirk responsibilities.

The problem is that our society isnt exactly culturally resistant to this kind of disorder.
    Well, you're an ENTJ. You would know.
    (heh heh.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Actually borderline and narcissistic personality disorders are strongly correlated.
    And the antisocial thing....
    Well the borderline in borderline is bordering between a neurotic character structure, generally a serious one like narcissism, and a psychotic one, although psychotic isnt psychopathy like a lot of people think due to the abbreviation in pop culture, psychotics most of the time are typified by lethargy or apathy, sometimes consequent of accute emotional sensitivity, more than anything else.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Actually borderline and narcissistic personality disorders are strongly correlated.
    And the antisocial thing....
    got some studies of that? borderline and antisocial have clear correlation with MBTI NP, while narcissistic pd has correlation with N(not so clear tho). because narcissistic pd has no correlation on MBTI J-P axis, it sound weird that it would have strong correlation with borderline and antisocial since they have clear correlation with P.

(http://www.millon.net/taxonomy/summary.htm)

weird that there is no borderline subtype for narcissistic pd if its strongly correlated with it

or narcissistic subtype for borderline

sure you arent just saying that they are much alike on surface level?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Can't narcissism be known as a trait as well, though, rather than always being a disorder?
    According to wiki, yes.
    "Healthy narcissism is a structural truthfulness of the self, achievement of self and object constancy, synchronization between the self and the superego and a balance between libidinal and aggressive drives (the ability to receive gratification from others and the drive for impulse expression). Healthy narcissism forms a constant, realistic self-interest and mature goals and principles and an ability to form deep object relations."

Freud on Narcissism (the irony)

"Healthy narcissism might exist in all individuals. Freud says that this is an original state from which the individual develops the love object. He argues that healthy narcissism is an essential part of normal development. According to Freud the love of the parents for their child and their attitude toward their child could be seen as a revival and reproduction of their own narcissism. The child has an omnipotence of thought; the parents stimulate that feeling because in their child they see the things that they have never reached themselves. Compared to neutral observations, the parents tend to overvalue the qualities of their child. When parents act in an extreme opposite style and the child is rejected or inconsistently reinforced depending on the mood of the parent, the self-needs of the child are not met."
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Well, you're an ENTJ. You would know.
    (heh heh.)
    Society is a product of other trait sets, dont blame that crap on us.