Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Oh, you must be in college. Or high school. I thought I was a communist in high school. I think young people can get carried away with extremist ideologies before they properly learn and think things through.

Well, eventually, hopefully, you'll come to understand that objectivism isn't...well, it's not real.
    you are correct that I am in college, but I find your implication that being an objectivist makes one childish or immature to be disrespectful towards a large group of people many whom are mature, balanced and healthy
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    you are correct that I am in college, but I find your implication that being an objectivist makes one childish or immature to be disrespectful towards a large group of people many whom are mature, balanced and healthy
    That's fine, I'll disrespect objectivists all day long, I'm completely fine with that - they choose to be objectivists. I'm not disrespecting them for their age, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or country of birth. Some people must be stopped, I firmly believe this to be a valid ethical truth in life.

There are no such thing as objective ethics, and there's no such thing as objectively good art - that's why objectivism isn't real. It's kind of like saying Christianity is the one true faith. I mean, it's nice that you believe that, as long as realize there's no rational basis for it.

That's what makes objectivists so dangerous - they think their ethics are objective. Scary shit, man.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

from what I've gathered so far, it seems like what seperates a healthy narcissistic personality from someone with narcissistic personality disorder is being unable or unwilling to think about other people at all and refusal or inability to value or respect other people. essentially, it sounds like a combination of healthy narcissism with antisocial personality disorder and touches of histrionic personality disorder.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

That's fine, I'll disrespect objectivists all day long, I'm completely fine with that - they choose to be objectivists. I'm not disrespecting them for their age, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or country of birth. Some people must be stopped, I firmly believe this to be a valid ethical truth in life.

There are no such thing as objective ethics, and there's no such thing as objectively good art - that's why objectivism isn't real. It's kind of like saying Christianity is the one true faith. I mean, it's nice that you believe that, as long as realize there's no rational basis for it.

That's what makes objectivists so dangerous - they think their ethics are objective. Scary shit, man.
    that's not what objectivism is. objectivism is simply placing your own needs before others and giving back only when you can afford to do so without hurting yourself in some way. I agree with you, morals are not objective not is appreciation of art.

Edit: fair enough, I will disrespect communist and those who do not value freedom, individualism or personal integrity all day as well. not that I'm accusing you of this
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

that's not what objectivism is. objectivism is simply placing your own needs before others and giving back only when you can afford to do so without hurting yourself in some way. I agree with you, morals are not objective not is appreciation of art.
    Objectivism is the claim that ethics are objective, oh yes it is.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

from what I've gathered so far, it seems like what seperates a healthy narcissistic personality from someone with narcissistic personality disorder is being unable or unwilling to think about other people at all and refusal or inability to value or respect other people. essentially, it sounds like a combination of healthy narcissism with antisocial personality disorder and touches of histrionic personality disorder.
    Yeah it's like people who never think they're wrong, or have no insight into their own behavior, and don't like to admit their own weaknesses...even to themselves.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Yeah it's like people who never think they're wrong, or have no insight into their own behavior, and don't like to admit their own weaknesses...even to themselves.
    in that regard, being a successful entrepreneur or businessman requires you to be the opposite of that. profitability can have no bias
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I guess some people just aren't interested in growing or ever improving.

Anew Leaf

could you elaborate? I have trouble seeing how a post that mentions absolutely nothing about myself is self indulgent.
    PS: I won't denying being moderately self indulgent, but I do try not to be more than slightly so outwardly. you see, it's really a lot like masturbating. it's all well and good, but no one wants to see it in public.
    Sure.

Welcome to Saturned's Tour of This Thread. Please fasten your seatbelts and keep your arms inside the car at all times.

Post 1:
    "I would argue that mild to moderate narcissism is a very good thing at that some level of it is necessary for success
    1) high self esteem and secure self image
    2) love of self
    3) high ego ie, desiring status, glamour, comfort, luxury and money
    4) ambition
    5) self first, others second = less hastle taking care of your own needs
    6) high confidence in self and abilities

pursueing a career in entrepreneurship or performance would be almost impossible without at least a low level of narcissism. I mean, those with altruistic lifestyles, low self esteem, low ego or low self confidence usually don't get a whole lot done. "

I would argue that your post has 0 science in it, but 100% conjecture based on.... your own opinion. In fact, you ignore actual science done by actual scientists, in favor of.... your own opinion. Perhaps it is a form of opposite-irony that you are exhibiting the very same trait that you are talking about in a manner that is contrary to well, most everyone* else. *Small sampling error with a +/- percentage that coincides with the prevalence of narcissists to society.

Your list is 100% self-indulgent, but others have pointed it out already. I will simply focus on point #5, or as we on our tour shall now call it: Bingo.

The part in bold... I don't even know where to begin other than: what? the? fuck? Yes, Mother Theresa did absolutely nothing. Her "good works", much like the "moon landing" are pretty much just photoshopped propaganda.

Next on our tour:

"is there a test to see if you're narcissistic? I think I might be a little bit "

Narcissism may be one of the few disorders that people would find fun to have. That and "bi-winning."

On our right side you can see a herd of triceratops munching on jurassic plants that we conveniently haven't bothered to explain how we got them.

"I scored a 32 out of 40. average for americans is 15.
    Your score for Authority is HIGH
    Your score for Self-sufficiency is HIGH
    Your score for Superiority is HIGH
    Your score for Exhibitionism is HIGH
    Your score for Exploitativeness is MEDIUM
    Your score for Vanity is HIGH
    Your score for Entitlement is HIGH

damn, maybe I'm a little more of a narcissist than I thought. in all honesty though, I didn't like a lot of the questions. I think my entitlement and exploitativeness are actualy extremely low (I demand the best, but I don't want people to just give it to me. I take what I want), and my exhibitionism is probably a little lower. I also didn't how the questions pit you against everyone else. I care about other people's best interests, but it's a choice between other people's best interest or my own, I'm taking care of my own no questions asked. being an objectivist does not make one a narcissist. similarly, I don't much want authority over people, but if they try to gain authority over me, I'm going to dominate their ass lol. also, I don't really expect anything of other people if they stay out of my way. all in all, I think my scores should look more like this:

Authority MEDIUM-HIGH
    Self-sufficiency is HIGH
    Superiority is HIGH
    Exhibitionism is MEDIUM-LOW
    Exploitativeness is LOW
    Vanity is HIGH
    Entitlement is LOW "

So.... you take a test seeing where you fit into things on a narcissitic scale... and low and behold you find out that you are a narcissist and the first thing you do is complain about how the test isn't accurate because of XYZ and how you would personally score yourself.

Side note: true caring is putting others needs before your own. So saying "I care about other people's best interests, but it's a choice between other people's best interest or my own, I'm taking care of my own no questions asked" renders the concept of caring moot and invalid by your own definition.

If you are squeamish then I suggest that you look to the left side of your car because we are about to make a 25 lb goat appear magically to help feed an 8 ton T-Rex.

"took it again and got 28. this seems about where I would rate myself
    Your score for Self-sufficiency is MEDIUM
    Your score for Exhibitionism is MEDIUM
    Your score for Entitlement is MEDIUM

I think my self sufficiency HIGH and my Entitlement is Low, but other than that, I think it was more accurate this time around "

Translation: Ah, I still didn't get quite the results I wanted... those pesky questions that figured out my entitlement needs!

Why even bother to take this test if you are just going to make up whatever answer you wanted? Ah yes, more attention and self-indulgance.

And the last item on our tour, because let's face it: time for pudding, is just up ahead. Please make sure to roll the windows of the car up so that the poisonous dinosaurs don't spit at you, causing irreversible blindness as they pull out your entrails to feast on.

"I don't particularly care one way or the other. that being said, I think anyone with anyone with high confidence and high self esteem would probably score much high than 15 on this test. "

Can you direct me to the polling place where presidents, CEO's, moms, dads, gymnasts, bunnies, non-sociopathic serial killers, all put their 2 cents in to give you this golden nugget of truth?

Thank you for riding with Saturned's magical ride. Please stay tuned for when her tour of Jupiter opens in the fall!
    Last edited by Anew Leaf; 04-03-2011 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Who can resist adding a picture!?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Sure.

Welcome to Saturned's Tour of This Thread. Please fasten your seatbelts and keep your arms inside the car at all times.

Post 1:
    "I would argue that mild to moderate narcissism is a very good thing at that some level of it is necessary for success
    1) high self esteem and secure self image
    2) love of self
    3) high ego ie, desiring status, glamour, comfort, luxury and money
    4) ambition
    5) self first, others second = less hastle taking care of your own needs
    6) high confidence in self and abilities

pursueing a career in entrepreneurship or performance would be almost impossible without at least a low level of narcissism. I mean, those with altruistic lifestyles, low self esteem, low ego or low self confidence usually don't get a whole lot done. "

I would argue that your post has 0 science in it, but 100% conjecture based on.... your own opinion. In fact, you ignore actual science done by actual scientists, in favor of.... your own opinion. Perhaps it is a form of opposite-irony that you are exhibiting the very same trait that you are talking about in a manner that is contrary to well, most everyone* else. *Small sampling error with a +/- percentage that coincides with the prevalence of narcissists to society.

Your list is 100% self-indulgent, but others have pointed it out already. I will simply focus on point #5, or as we on our tour shall now call it: Bingo.

The part in bold... I don't even know where to begin other than: what? the? fuck? Yes, Mother Theresa did absolutely nothing. Her "good works", much like the "moon landing" are pretty much just photoshopped propaganda.

Next on our tour:

"is there a test to see if you're narcissistic? I think I might be a little bit "

Narcissism may be one of the few disorders that people would find fun to have. That and "bi-winning."

On our right side you can see a herd of triceratops munching on jurassic plants that we conveniently haven't bothered to explain how we got them.

"I scored a 32 out of 40. average for americans is 15.
    Your score for Self-sufficiency is HIGH
    Your score for Exhibitionism is HIGH
    Your score for Entitlement is HIGH

damn, maybe I'm a little more of a narcissist than I thought. in all honesty though, I didn't like a lot of the questions. I think my entitlement and exploitativeness are actualy extremely low (I demand the best, but I don't want people to just give it to me. I take what I want), and my exhibitionism is probably a little lower. I also didn't how the questions pit you against everyone else. I care about other people's best interests, but it's a choice between other people's best interest or my own, I'm taking care of my own no questions asked. being an objectivist does not make one a narcissist. similarly, I don't much want authority over people, but if they try to gain authority over me, I'm going to dominate their ass lol. also, I don't really expect anything of other people if they stay out of my way. all in all, I think my scores should look more like this:

Authority MEDIUM-HIGH
    Self-sufficiency is HIGH
    Superiority is HIGH
    Exhibitionism is MEDIUM-LOW
    Exploitativeness is LOW
    Vanity is HIGH
    Entitlement is LOW "

So.... you take a test seeing where you fit into things on a narcissitic scale... and low and behold you find out that you are a narcissist and the first thing you do is complain about how the test isn't accurate because of XYZ and how you would personally score yourself.

Side note: true caring is putting others needs before your own. So saying "I care about other people's best interests, but it's a choice between other people's best interest or my own, I'm taking care of my own no questions asked" renders the concept of caring moot and invalid by your own definition.

If you are squeamish then I suggest that you look to the left side of your car because we are about to make a 25 lb goat appear magically to help feed an 8 ton T-Rex.

"took it again and got 28. this seems about where I would rate myself
    Your score for Self-sufficiency is MEDIUM
    Your score for Exhibitionism is MEDIUM
    Your score for Entitlement is MEDIUM

I think my self sufficiency HIGH and my Entitlement is Low, but other than that, I think it was more accurate this time around "

Translation: Ah, I still didn't get quite the results I wanted... those pesky questions that figured out my entitlement needs!

Why even bother to take this test if you are just going to make up whatever answer you wanted? Ah yes, more attention and self-indulgance.

And the last item on our tour, because let's face it: time for pudding, is just up ahead. Please make sure to roll the windows of the car up so that the poisonous dinosaurs don't spit at you, causing irreversible blindness as they pull out your entrails to feast on.

"I don't particularly care one way or the other. that being said, I think anyone with anyone with high confidence and high self esteem would probably score much high than 15 on this test. "

Can you direct me to the polling place where presidents, CEO's, moms, dads, gymnasts, bunnies, non-sociopathic serial killers, all put their 2 cents in to give you this golden nugget of truth?

Thank you for riding with Saturned's magical ride. Please stay tuned for when her tour of Jupiter opens in the fall!
    ...oh dear, I seem to have greatly upset you, very well this should be amusing
    1) true caring does not mean placing others needs before your own. being a self preserving individual is not a sin.
    2) tests are not designed to tell you what you are, that's what psychological councilling is for. tests are intended to be an indicator. all practioners of MBTI, Enneagram, personality instruments, psychological disorder instruments and trained psychologists will tell you this
    3) your presentation of data is against me is impressive and informative, but please safe the character assassinating commentary, it's a waste of time and energy for both of us. I asked why specifically you thought I was self serving. I did not ask your opinion of me which I do not care about.
    4) disagreement with test results is not self serving. it is possible that I do possesss such negative qualities that I do not see in myself, but not thinking they're there does not make one self serving
    5) i am not the type to deny my faults. I will be the first to tell you I struggle with superiority issues, discipline, routine and motivation, but I would be foolish to believe every flaw about myself that a test or another person brought up to me. disagreeable does not equal close minded
    6) I cannot direct you to a site that says CEOs, successful people and such have validated my claims. my conclusions are tendentative as I believe I've stated
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!