User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    as they step on an orphan and spit on an old lady on their way to the office.
    Or step on the old lady and spit on the orphan

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I don't particularly care one way or the other. that being said, I think anyone with anyone with high confidence and high self esteem would probably score much high than 15 on this test.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you on that.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I have noticed that narcissists lack the ability to be intimate, but for some strange reason they seem to be overwhelmingly attracted to those who can be intimate. I never understood this. Personally, I'd rather see two narcissists together. things seem more balanced then. It's more of a mismatch for a narcissist to be with a non-narcissist because the only person who is going to gain from that relationship is the narcissist.
    They pair up with a non-narcissist because they wouldn't be able to blatantly abuse another narcissist in the same satisfying manner.
    Marm is correct. As for why people aren't narcissists pair up with narcissists, there are a lot of complicated reasons that can happen. It often takes people too long to realize how serious the problems are with the person they've partnered with. Furthermore, some people are easily coerced by that kind of personality, mis-attribute positive implications to their negative personality traits, or tend to become dependent on strong personalities. I also think some people have a fantasy that they can become the one person who is loved by a narcissist (similar thing happens with sociopaths).

A narcissist gains from a relationship with a non-narcissist, while the non-narcissist loses. In a relationship with two narcissists, both people are losers. The winner is the person not interacting with a narcissist.

damn, maybe I'm a little more of a narcissist than I thought. in all honesty though, I didn't like a lot of the questions. I think my entitlement and exploitativeness are actualy extremely low (I demand the best, but I don't want people to just give it to me. I take what I want), and my exhibitionism is probably a little lower.
    I don't particularly care one way or the other. that being said, I think anyone with anyone with high confidence and high self esteem would probably score much high than 15 on this test.
    This is exactly what I'd expect a narcissist to say.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Why does disorder always come after Narcissistic Personality when I google it then?
    This question is beyond my pay grade.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that.
    I think so because the test puts under conifident/insecure/not narcissistic and confident/self sufficient/narcissistic in the same category. most entrepreneurs and millionaires would probably score much higher than 15 on this test
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Figured I'd do it.

Your score is

Your score for Authority is LOW
    Your score for Self-sufficiency is LOW
    Your score for Superiority is LOW
    Your score for Exhibitionism is LOW
    Your score for Exploitativeness is LOW
    Your score for Vanity is MEDIUM
    Your score for Entitlement is LOW

I think so because the test puts under conifident/insecure/not narcissistic and confident/self sufficient/narcissistic in the same category. most entrepreneurs and millionaires would probably score much higher than 15 on this test
    I don't see a problem with that. I'm not sure if millionaires are quite high enough to fall in that standard, though.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm sorry, but I think you're confusing self-esteem with an unrealistic or grandiose views of one's self. Some of the questions are quite pointedly, glaringly differentiating between self-esteem and absurd gradiosity, one most notably is "I'm a born leader." Realistically, the qualities of a good leader must be learned over time and contemplated carefully both intellectually and ethically speaking. Someone who thinks themselves "a born leader" is just bossy...that doesn't equal good or effective leader.

I doubt most entepreneurs are pathological narcissists, but certainly some are, I would agree...because they believe the only way they can validate themselves (for their sad, inner state) is by building a world of material things around them to externally validate, which is false validation, which is a symptom of narcissism.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I have noticed that narcissists lack the ability to be intimate, but for some strange reason they seem to be overwhelmingly attracted to those who can be intimate. I never understood this. Personally, I'd rather see two narcissists together. things seem more balanced then. It's more of a mismatch for a narcissist to be with a non-narcissist because the only person who is going to gain from that relationship is the narcissist.
    one symptom of narcissism I'm happy to say I do NOT share
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

ThatGirl

Anyone who has ever been associated with a true narcissist would disagree strongly with the OP.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I know business executives/managers have an above average representation of a handful of personality disorder traits, including narcissistic ones.
    Go to sleep, iguana.