User Tag List

12311 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 174

  1. #1
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default S intelligence vs. N intelligence

    Posts moved from this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    There's a difference, also, between bias and calling a spade a spade. If someone in my home talked to me the way I've been talked to by "SJs" here, they would be escorted to the door and told never to return... of course I would be concerned about getting decked on the way. Now, how long do you think it will take, being treated that way by those who do have their type on their profile, before I don't risk posting on a thread they're on? Is that bias? No, I don't think so... its experience and/or conditioning by actual events. And its just plain smart to avoid those types... well unless you actuallly enjoy that kind of venemous behavior.
    Sounds like the old
    "You're being deliberately obtuse!"
    "No I'm just saying..."
    "Talking ### more like"

    I work with ESTJs who have that attitude. Mind you though I also know INFPs and ENTPs who say the same things. I kinda figure that if someone doesn't want to hear then they obviously would appreciate it if I didn't listen and I prefer to accommodate people's requests, especially when they are phrased so eloquently and politely
    Last edited by proteanmix; 03-17-2008 at 05:22 PM.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  2. #2
    Procrastinating
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Sounds like the old
    "You're being deliberately obtuse!"
    "No I'm just saying..."
    "Talking ### more like"

    I work with ESTJs who have that attitude. Mind you though I also know INFPs and ENTPs who say the same things. I kinda figure that if someone doesn't want to hear then they obviously would appreciate it if I didn't listen and I prefer to accommodate people's requests, especially when they are phrased so eloquently and politely
    More like:

    "its this way I think....."
    "yeh, but I feel its this way..."
    "no, this is why it isn't...."
    "you @#$%.... go suck #$%&"
    very effectively closing any further discussion.

    out of the blue and unexpected to me. I'm just not used to being called all manner of vile crap just because I disagreed.

  3. #3
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    More like:

    "its this way....."
    "yeh, but might be..."
    "no, this is why it isn't...."
    "you @#$%.... go suck #$%&"

    out of the blue and unexpected to me. I'm just not used to being called all manner of vile crap just because I disagreed.
    You didn't tell them they were wrong did you? Oh for shame! The cardinal error

    Apparently, sometimes, it's the way us INTPs stab the sore bit with one finger and declare "THERE'S THE PROBLEM!!". Apparently some find that painful and annoying. Also apparently that causes some "irrational" types (ie all other types) to swat us poor intellectuals just because we stabbed their sore bit. It's not our fault they couldn't find it and it hurt when we did. Stoopid sensitive types


    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  4. #4
    Procrastinating
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    You didn't tell them they were wrong did you? Oh for shame! The cardinal error

    Apparently, sometimes, it's the way us INTPs stab the sore bit with one finger and declare "THERE'S THE PROBLEM!!". Apparently some find that painful and annoying. Also apparently that causes some "irrational" types (ie all other types) to swat us poor intellectuals just because we stabbed their sore bit. It's not our fault they couldn't find it and it hurt when we did. Stoopid sensitive types



  5. #5
    Highly Hollow Wandering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Also apparently that causes some "irrational" types (ie all other types) to swat us poor intellectuals just because we stabbed their sore bit.

  6. #6
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    If sensors are seen as undesirable, then the people that come to this forum will subconsciously (or perhaps even consciously) try to associate themself with what is desirable--N. So, you will have not only a greater amount of Sensing "Intuitives", but you will encourage this:
    what's wrong with what i said? challenge a premise or a logical step. i'm serious.

    i didn't say you have to be an N to be intelligent. i said you have to USE N functions. i know plenty of smart Ss.

    are you one of those people who would jump on me if i said kenyans are better at long distance running (on average) than everyone else?

    this is not BIAS against Ss. EVERYONE USES ALL 8 FUNCTIONS. i read posts for their content, thank you.

    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. your post assumes i haven't thought about any of this shit.

  7. #7
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    what's wrong with what i said? challenge a premise or a logical step. i'm serious.

    i didn't say you have to be an N to be intelligent. i said you have to USE N functions. i know plenty of smart Ss.

    are you one of those people who would jump on me if i said kenyans are better at long distance running (on average) than everyone else?

    this is not BIAS against Ss. EVERYONE USES ALL 8 FUNCTIONS. i read posts for their content, thank you.

    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. your post assumes i haven't thought about any of this shit.
    Would an iNtuitive have to use his sensing functions to be considered smart?

  8. #8
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Would an iNtuitive have to use his sensing functions to be considered smart?
    kind of a moot point. you have to use sensing functions to LIVE.

    smart != good

    to be a MATURE N, you have to use S functions a lot! but i'm not talking about maturity.

    you assume i only have respect for extremely intelligent people. that's not true. i'm not putting personal values in this argument. you're the one doing that.

  9. #9
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    No, I have a problem with intelligence being synonymous with N, according to you.

  10. #10
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    No, I have a problem with intelligence being synonymous with N, according to you.
    please define intelligence.

Similar Threads

  1. [Other] INTP vs. ENTP - Interpersonal Intelligence
    By MadTeaParty in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09-22-2015, 12:59 AM
  2. Evolution vs. Intelligent Design/Creationism
    By Anentropic IxTx in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 11-10-2013, 11:56 PM
  3. Intelligence vs Ability
    By Quinlan in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-21-2010, 12:07 AM
  4. [MBTItm] Worth vs. Intelligence
    By Jonny in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 08:30 PM
  5. Darwinism vs. Intelligent Design - good take on this issue
    By Sniffles in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 07:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO