User Tag List

First 8161718

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Most people I know are Ns, so I often feel like I have some weakness that they don't have. I'm right when I think that. But they also have weaknesses that I don't have. I think the experts are right when they say that Myers-Briggs doesn't measure intelligence.

In other words, amen to Xander!!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    That does give me the feeling that I should lend more credence to the 7 intelligence types but I still have doubts as to whether those designing the tests understand enough to produce the tests without making them synthetic and removed from real world performance.
    I agree about the difficulty a designing tests.
    I've noticed how an "N" will understand a question differently than an "S" will.
    So not only do you need well designed tests, but you need to ask the questions in different ways for different types!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Most people I know are Ns, so I often feel like I have some weakness that they don't have. I'm right when I think that. But they also have weaknesses that I don't have. I think the experts are right when they say that Myers-Briggs doesn't measure intelligence.

In other words, amen to Xander!!
    I work with a load of ESTJs (not good examples of the type but a good example of the strengths). I regularly get made to look a complete fool because I have failed to remember some part of the "poduct knowledge" I so often get berrated about. Also they may suspect me of being a smartass when I go on about computers but they also look at me like I'm thick when they go on about the eccentricity from the concentricity and I'm still waiting for an interpreter to turn up!!

Basically I reject the IQ system because it fails to recognise all those useful thing that the brain does that has nothing to do with recognising which word is wrong or being able to calculate the speed of trains.
    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I agree about the difficulty a designing tests.
    I've noticed how an "N" will understand a question differently than an "S" will.
    So not only do you need well designed tests, but you need to ask the questions in different ways for different types!
    Exactly. Try getting an IP and an EP to look at the question the same way. Hell me and Dom used to spend ages at school critiquing the questions in books and tests because we could see potentially many ways of reading them which leads to many possible "correct" answers and yet only one of them is acceptable because of unstated conditions (most often).

In fact one facet of my dearest friends personality is that he will and does argue with any and all text books he picks up. Both he and I rarely if ever absorb information without subjecting it to our own analysis. No IQ test I have seen yet has passed this test of muster.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Basically I reject the IQ system because it fails to recognise all those useful thing that the brain does that has nothing to do with recognising which word is wrong or being able to calculate the speed of trains.
    I agree completely. I mean, IQ test scores have increased drastically since their use began. I was reading an article about it - apparently that sort of logic is embedded in our culture somehow. It's not universal at all (not like the MBTI )
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!