Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Abstract thinking is an N strength, can lead to higher IQ score.
    Memory recall is an S strength, which can also lead to higher IQ score.

And the abstract thinking that tends to be measured by IQ mainly measures Ti skills.

The N function does not involve any intellectual activity, but random insights. The abstract thinking of an N is more imagination-based rather than logic-based.

It honestly depends on what kind of Intelligence you are talking about, it's a broad subject.

No type or function is better in any way than any other type or function. They're just different.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    hey there guys, i like the forums . i'm an ENFP with a strong thinking side, i realized my question may be better answered in the NT forums rather than an NF one so i came here.

anyways, back on topic. i have heard many times that your MBTI type does not show your intelligence/skill level. it is just your personality. however, when i go read up on the characteristics of some types, it becomes evident that intelligence is part of the traits. ENTP's, INTP's, INTJ's, ENFP's, INFP's, ENTJ's... all of the N types are described as 'typically bright'. i know that does not mean that an ENFJ is definitely smarter than an ISTJ for example, but are people with an intuition preference smarter in general?

i don't mean to offend anyone, i am an ENFP afterall . just entertaining the theory. discuss.
    N see the universe in a different way, leading to new ideas and thoughts, which can be seen as genius.

There are many intelligent S's too. However, most groundbreaking thoughts and ideas come from an N mind just because how the N works.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
    N see the universe in a different way, leading to new ideas and thoughts, which can be seen as genius.

There are many intelligent S's too. However, most groundbreaking thoughts and ideas come from an N mind just because how the N works.
    Or an S utilizing an auxiliary function.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post

It's not as surprising if we remember that there are more Ss in the population than Ns, so the N mindset is not as common. A minority viewpoint always seems to stand out, just because of its rarity. What if the world were more populated with Ns than Ss?

Just a thought, it could be irrelevant.

(Oh, sorry, I bumped a kind of old thread. Didn't realize...)

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

i was wondering where this thing disappeared to, thanks for bumping it . it could just be that N types make connections with their imagination. however, isn't what we consider to be intelligence really just connecting the dots? does Ti have Ne and Si components intrinsically? how interesting.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    hey there guys, i like the forums . i'm an ENFP with a strong thinking side, i realized my question may be better answered in the NT forums rather than an NF one so i came here.

anyways, back on topic. i have heard many times that your MBTI type does not show your intelligence/skill level. it is just your personality. however, when i go read up on the characteristics of some types, it becomes evident that intelligence is part of the traits. ENTP's, INTP's, INTJ's, ENFP's, INFP's, ENTJ's... all of the N types are described as 'typically bright'. i know that does not mean that an ENFJ is definitely smarter than an ISTJ for example, but are people with an intuition preference smarter in general?

i don't mean to offend anyone, i am an ENFP afterall . just entertaining the theory. discuss.
    An interesting question.

My father has a term he uses, "switched on". It's not linked to classic IQ or any real intelligence test just a term he uses to describe those who habitually use their brains.

I'm wondering if the whole reliance on making connections drives the intuitives brain to work harder and therefore they appear more inteligent because their brain is working at a higher rate than a sensor woul be in similar circumstances.

See now I'm not saying that one is better than the other (personally I reject the IQ system and the whole Ns are more intelligent BS) just that on average an intuitive person would have a higher rate of brain activity than a sensor.

(An entertaining theory?)
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Yes that is definitly part of it. But with age a S-type can become wise, because he has a huge remembrance of happenings from the past that he can connect situations to.
    I think most of the time when people have referred to me as smart or intelligent. it has usually been something along those lines. I remember a lot of trivia, and I remember a lot of past experiences which (sometimes) help me come up with solutions in the present. It's another useful thing, it's just different than the N stuff. I'm not good with the anticipating of stuff that hasn't happened before.

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    No type or function is better in any way than any other type or function. They're just different.
    Exactly. Well, except F is better than T.

Just kidding.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Memory recall is an S strength
    No its not. Stop misconnecting.

And the abstract thinking that tends to be measured by IQ mainly measures Ti skills.
    Wrong again. You don't have to analyze the pattern to be able to get a good guess of what's next. I didn't get the score I got because I carefully calculated every goddamned question. If I did that, I wouldn't have finished, and would have ended up with a lower score.

The N function does not involve any intellectual activity, but random insights. The abstract thinking of an N is more imagination-based rather than logic-based.
    Can't be all that smart without insight and imagination can ya? Only being able to do enough to get by invariably strips us of true proficiency, except where we've had years of practice (hence getting by...). You can't really practice for an IQ test, and if you do, the results are a sham.