First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    This is one of the few times that i've really thought that MBTI talk has gone too far
    I am a sensor and have 140+ IQ, according to testing. And I do not consider myself very intelligent or anything, i'm simlply good at people and thinking outside the box. People are often surprised as to how I get things done.

Let's take a nerdy example. I was playing a Role Playing Game and our game leader presented me and my sword-armed group with a bunch of unfriendly serpents. About 200 of them. Most people would barricade themselves in a doorway and chop anything that comes close. No. I took the group back, went to the nearest town, bought lamp-oil, bottles and linen. Molotov cocktails! Everyone knows snakes hate fire.
    Went back, SNAKE BBQ!

My role playing group won't play without me, just because I manage to get them out of just about any situation with thinking way ahead, not thinking within the frames of the box. We have a hardass game leader, but luckily I manage to outsmart him somehow most of the time.

Really. MBTI discussion has gone a little too far if all sensors are branded dumber than people with N dominance. Most of my friends and my entire family are N's and I own their asses
    AHA! That's why you're dumb my friend. A really intelligent person, an intuitive obviously, would have bought a far more interesting part of their anatomy.

(You try that kind of trick with our ISTJ DM and not only would the snakes survive but I'd bet he'd have them doing +1 pt of fire damage too and they died attacking you.. why do the animals never flee in DnD? )
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Haahahahahahahaha
    I knew someone would make a comment about me owning asses

He's not ISTJ, he's INFP or INTP And it was definitely not D&D Actually a game called EON. Too bad it's swedish. Really realistic etc. More medieval than fantasy.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    enfp

Advice to job seekers from Recruiter: Snail mail rather than e-mail your resume. It has a much better chance of being viewed for more than several seconds!

Changing the subject: I do not think Sensors are not dumber than Intuitives...I know many that I think are much smarter than I am. They are just not as flexible in their thinking and cannot seem to deal with the unknown (or the future) as well. I admire their abilities for detail, and organization in many areas, but I am really glad that I am not one.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Haahahahahahahaha
    I knew someone would make a comment about me owning asses
    You keep supplying the shots, I'll put them in
    He's not ISTJ,
    Not your's... our's.
    ... he's INFP or INTP And it was definitely not D&D Actually a game called EON. Too bad it's swedish. Really realistic etc. More medieval than fantasy.
    Firstly, you lucky swine. Aside from one viscious INTJ we have two sensor DMs and half my stuff get's banned/ barred cause I can't explain it adequately.

Secondly, you've got something on your shoulder. Ooo look it's a large chip

Don't like Wizards of the Cash then?

Good choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by illume View Post
    Advice to job seekers from Recruiter: Snail mail rather than e-mail your resume. It has a much better chance of being viewed for more than several seconds!
    :popcorn:

Noted.
    Changing the subject: I do not think Sensors are not dumber than Intuitives...I know many that I think are much smarter than I am. They are just not as flexible in their thinking and cannot seem to deal with the unknown (or the future) as well. I admire their abilities for detail, and organization in many areas, but I am really glad that I am not one.
    It's that lack of flexibility which trips them up in my opinion. Same way that NTJs get let down and sometimes made to look foolish because they just didn't adapt right. Mind you they tend to suffer infrequent major embarrassment where as us Ps get minor embarrassment every day!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    xNTP

Hmm ... here goes.

If I needed a practical task completed, for example build a house, I would probably enlist the help of a Sensor. However, if I wanted to find a cure for cancer I would probably ask for the help of an Intuitive.

IMHO, both types of intelligence are of equal importance.

Which type is smarter? In terms of raw IQ, probably the Intuitives.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Default The N function and intelligence

hey there guys, i like the forums . i'm an ENFP with a strong thinking side, i realized my question may be better answered in the NT forums rather than an NF one so i came here.

anyways, back on topic. i have heard many times that your MBTI type does not show your intelligence/skill level. it is just your personality. however, when i go read up on the characteristics of some types, it becomes evident that intelligence is part of the traits. ENTP's, INTP's, INTJ's, ENFP's, INFP's, ENTJ's... all of the N types are described as 'typically bright'. i know that does not mean that an ENFJ is definitely smarter than an ISTJ for example, but are people with an intuition preference smarter in general?

i don't mean to offend anyone, i am an ENFP afterall . just entertaining the theory. discuss.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Intelligence (also called intellect) is an umbrella term used to describe a property of the mind that encompasses many related abilities, such as the capacities to reason, to plan, to solve problems, to think abstractly, to comprehend ideas, to use language, and to learn.
    According to some parts of the definition, the N-function seems to be more destinied to become intelligent.

I think most of the definition aims on the T-function.

I would connect the S-function with wisdom.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Abstract thinking is an N strength, can lead to higher IQ score.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I would connect the S-function with wisdom.
    Strange, I associate the people who use the same inefficient method of doing something their entire lives with S. That's always been the case in my direct observation, but every rule has exceptions. [I apologize if this comes off as harsh, but I was somehow offended by the idea that S=Wisdom moreso than N]

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Strange, I associate the people who use the same inefficient method of doing something their entire lives with S. That's always been the case in my direct observation, but every rule has exceptions.
    Yes that is definitly part of it. But with age a S-type can become wise, because he has a huge remembrance of happenings from the past that he can connect situations to.

I myself tend to forget the past, I am sometimes surprised, what some people with S in their primary functions still know about me from the past that longtime slipped away from my memory.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]