User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Sensores are mindless. That's about it against them.
    You are so naughty!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I love how "Bodily-Kinesthetic intelligence" is always equated with the more standard forms of IQ.

As if hand-eye coordination is why the human species went from living in caves to splitting the atom and landing on the moon.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

If we're going to have the intelligence debate yet again, I'll have to point out again that preference is not the same as ability. Just, you know, on principle.

:bows out:

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    This is getting kind of annoying. Everything is all about how flawed IQ is all the time. I am not discussing that. I am simply saying that within the IQ framework, Ns are more intelligent than Ss. Some like that framework, you obviously don't. Then I also showed Ns are more intelligent than Ss within the multiple intelligences framework. And these two frameworks are the most popular to think within. You have your own theory it seems, but at least I have shown that Ns are more intelligent than Ss in standard intelligence perspectives.
    Well if you're going by the IQ testing framework... then yes... Ns will be "more intelligent" than Ss... on the virtuals that the tests are designed for pattern recognition which is the most readily handled by N.

This is what I've noticed...

Ni dominant (unable to say whether Ne dominant does the same) have a tendency to build up a collection of patterns in which they modify to solve problems. The Ss don't do that... they do all their processing on the fly. They're just two different ways of tackling a problem... sometimes one way is better, other times the other's better. You're essentially pitting the Ns ability to modify their learnt patterns against Ss speed of processing. That's what I think N and S comes into play for "general aptitude" aka the G-quotient.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Is it really fair to debate sensors on intelligence? Do they even understand the arguments?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Is it really fair to debate sensors on intelligence? Do they even understand the arguments?
    'debate' is a faculty of thinking attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by illume View Post
    This is very interesting to me. So, what does your company do with the Myers-Briggs stuff, once they've typed everyone? Is someone more likely to be chosen for a management position if they're a certain type?

Ha! Ha! You should ask.... Almost all of our top management are ST's!! They never implement anything...They simply maintain. (I get a huge kick out of the "strategic planning" meetings that they hold all the time). And they are not believers in M-B, so why utilize it in the first place? And no, we do not utilize M-B in our hiring process, so I try to trainspot and make sure I put the right person in front of the hiring manager and use my powers of persuasion on some of my less cooperative peeps.

My theory has always been to use M-B on the front end for hiring and then again for aiding team development. Imagine that!!!
    It would be unethical. Making a hiring based not on someone's indicated skill but thier supposed (skewed and misinterpreted by many practitioners and companies) skill would be extremely unfair. I'm Glad that if I were to apply for a job as a meteorology professor, nobody would go "Wait a minute. You're an enFp. That main's you're inclined to be a lousy scientist. get lost", which of course is an exxagerated example, but I'm sure this shit happens all the time. Besides the fact, what happens pretty quickly when organizations try to personality-test employees (with any framework) is that everyone has some sense that thier are right answers, so they all try to throw the test (to fool it). The problem is, MBTI isn't supposed to have right answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    IQ is - and always has been - a metric designed to assess wealth.
    lolololol!!!! You are awsome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    There are significantly fewer intelligent people on the planet.

There are also significantly fewer intuitives on the planet.

It leaves a pretty small smart sensor window and they're getting all pissy about it.

Sorry kids.

But I'm not being biased. I'm an IIII anyway.
    is this tautological reasoning supposed to be a self-parody?

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    It's not a logical fallacy. The spread is larger among men. Does this tell you anything? Image:Normal distribution pdf.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Blue is large spread (men), red is small spread (women))
    it says a lot about our culture

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Jesus...

/sigh.

No one except dissonance said it was. Despite what you see or don't see, there's a much greater proportion of highly intelligent intuitives than sensors. It's pretty much universally accepted.

I guess you could make the argument that are samples aren't random enough, or that we should sample the entire population before we say things like that, but then, there's one other thing to consider before doing so.

It doesn't matter. If we do find out, statistically that there are more smart intuitives than sensors, what do we do with that data? It's not a guarantee, so regardless of the odds, there's still going to be some leeway, which means each individual, regardless of type has to be treated and analyzed as just that.

This is worse than this ridiculous health rage right now where a new study comes out every week. There's no such thing as universal health, just like there's no such thing as universal intelligence.

Some people have allergies, some people don't. Some people are smart in math and terrible with writing, some people are just the opposite.

Can I ask for this thread to be closed?
    Great stuff. however, i don't except the 'universally accepted' statement. Therefor it's not universally accapted.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    'debate' is a faculty of thinking attitudes.
    Is recognizing sarcasm a faculty of thinking attitudes, too?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Merged 6 consecutive posts by one author. Multiquote is your friend. Look for a tutorial in the Official Decrees section soon.

EDIT: Check here
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

I got it! After a rather lengthy discussion with an "S" on the "what don't you get" (ironic) thread... I never would have believed it. Yeh, I truly do get now.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Sensores are mindless. That's about it against them.
    Oh, in what way? Over the years of posting I have found that those preferring sensing pick up on the basic principles of this system much faster than intuitives.