User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    enfp

This is very interesting to me. So, what does your company do with the Myers-Briggs stuff, once they've typed everyone? Is someone more likely to be chosen for a management position if they're a certain type?

Ha! Ha! You should ask.... Almost all of our top management are ST's!! They never implement anything...They simply maintain. (I get a huge kick out of the "strategic planning" meetings that they hold all the time). And they are not believers in M-B, so why utilize it in the first place? And no, we do not utilize M-B in our hiring process, so I try to trainspot and make sure I put the right person in front of the hiring manager and use my powers of persuasion on some of my less cooperative peeps.

My theory has always been to use M-B on the front end for hiring and then again for aiding team development. Imagine that!!!

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by illume View Post
    This is very interesting to me. So, what does your company do with the Myers-Briggs stuff, once they've typed everyone? Is someone more likely to be chosen for a management position if they're a certain type?

Ha! Ha! You should ask.... Almost all of our top management are ST's!! They never implement anything...They simply maintain. (I get a huge kick out of the "strategic planning" meetings that they hold all the time). And they are not believers in M-B, so why utilize it in the first place? And no, we do not utilize M-B in our hiring process, so I try to trainspot and make sure I put the right person in front of the hiring manager and use my powers of persuasion on some of my less cooperative peeps.

My theory has always been to use M-B on the front end for hiring and then again for aiding team development. Imagine that!!!
    I agree. Its very upsetting to most when they do the MB shake up.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Question relating to the N is smarter than S in general and therefore Ni/Ne must be more useful than Si/Se when it comes to evaluating intelligence...

Does that not sound... wrong?

You're looking at a correlation here, in general N seems to score higher on IQ tests . (You're assuming IQ test ranking is indicative of intelligence. Necessarily true? Not sure but I'll say assume it's true for this argument.) Then you say N functions as being the link to intelligence. I have to question that. Too many other factors involved. How do you know the higher intelligence people aren't using functions more effectively instead of N functions themselves being useful?

Too many variables being thrown around. Is intelligence defined by IQ tests? As in does having high scores in these tests make you intelligent? Debatable. You need to define a valid method of assessing intelligence. What does Ns being "smarter" than Ss on average means anyways? You're all neglecting the variance in the distribution. The central tendencies tell you nothing if you don't know the spread of the data. The standard deviation (or whatever measure they used) indicates intelligence is more variable for Ss than for Ns. I think that points to something more than the use of N functions that leads to the differences in IQ test scores.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Not meaning to intrude but all these changing definitions of intelligence are just PCness and most are actually defining apptitudes. The original one was about exponential learning ability. The ability to recognize an existing pattern and apply it to a new area... decreasing the learning time spent by lesser intelligence.

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    Not meaning to intrude but all these changing definitions of intelligence are just PCness and most are actually defining apptitudes. The original one was about exponential learning ability. The ability to recognize an existing pattern and apply it to a new area... decreasing the learning time spent by lesser intelligence.
    a strong definition in my opinion...

however, in what pattern one should attempt to relate the new to existing pattern is no exception. the only way to know how much thought (consideration of finer details) something requires is experience. perhaps this is my issue with "intuitives"... they arent intuitive enough to know what they dont.

MBTI
    INTJ

Well, there are no doubt Ns on average are more intelligent than Ss in the IQ perspective.

Let's have a look at the multiple intelligences theory perspective:

Bodily-Kinesthetic: Ss more intelligent.
    Interpersonal: Probably about tied. I could see it going either way.
    Verbal-Linguistic: Ns more intelligent.
    Logical-Mathematical: Ns more intelligent.
    Naturalistic: Probably Ss are more intelligent.
    Intrapersonal: Ns more intelligent.
    Spatial: Ns more intelligent.
    Musical: Probably Ns are more intelligent.

Overall that should make Ns on average slightly more intelligent also in this perspective.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    Well, there are no doubt Ns on average are more intelligent than Ss in the IQ perspective.

Let's have a look at the multiple intelligences theory perspective:

Bodily-Kinesthetic: Ss more intelligent.
    Interpersonal: Probably about tied. I could see it going either way.
    Verbal-Linguistic: Ns more intelligent.
    Logical-Mathematical: Ns more intelligent.
    Naturalistic: Probably Ss are more intelligent.
    Intrapersonal: Ns more intelligent.
    Spatial: Ns more intelligent.
    Musical: Probably Ns are more intelligent.

Overall that should make Ns on average slightly more intelligent also in this perspective.
    These are apptitudes.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Sensores are mindless. That's about it against them.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    These are apptitudes.
    I don't see the difference. Maybe you mean I did something wrong by not adding the word "intelligence" after the eight intelligences? I thought that detail wasn't necessary, but it might be for your Ti to work. You guys are quite detailed when it comes to logic. Definition on the word given by Dictionary.com: "readiness or quickness in learning; intelligence"

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    I don't see the difference. Maybe you mean I did something wrong by not adding the word "intelligence" after the eight intelligences? I thought that detail wasn't necessary, but it might be for your Ti to work. You guys are quite detailed when it comes to logic. Definition on the word given by Dictionary.com: "readiness or quickness in learning; intelligence"

If you don't have an apptitude in any of those particular areas, you won't seem very intelligent will you? If you read my other post, you will see where I've seen the historical definition of "intelligence" change to suit "feeeelings"... PCness. Yes, I am logical.