User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    This sounds pretty self-serving to me, I must say. Wouldn't it be possible that there is no pattern whatsoever, and an intuitive sees one that isn't there, whereas a sensor would in fact be more accurate just determining the accuracy/validity of the information? Wouldn't that be more "intelligent" than a mental process that was flawed to begin with? I don't think that your assertion that intuition correlates with intelligence holds water.
    you're only saying that because you think you're an S. i think you're an ENFP.

and of course N functions are correlated to intelligence. if you use no N functions, you never broaden your context or try to see other viewpoints. Ss that are smart are smart because they use N functions.

if you're facing a problem and you can't come up with a solution, you gotta use N functions. otherwise you'll beat your head against a wall forever. EVERYONE uses N functions. Ns just use them more often than Ss.

(i'm gonna get attacked for this)

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

My 2 cents:

I try to remember that the MBTI is normative and according to the theory behind it, using it ethically means avoiding bias against other types.

I also acknowledge that, the outside world seems to have been created and perpetuated by Sensors (at least in US culture), and thus appears to welcome and reward that function more. Statistics may or may not support that, and it's still just my opinion.

So maybe some or many of us iNtuitive types rightly or wrongly see this and other similar forums as a refuge from the larger world, as a place where we can grouse or vent about life "out there" or just enjoy the company of others like us. The majority of types I come into contact on a daily basis IRL (yes I'm guesstimating) are Sensors; so this is a refreshing break from that.

For those of you who are old enough to remember what life was like for iNtuitives *before* the internet, you can appreciate as I do what it has to offer. Indeed, I have a theory that, while it may not have been intended to be, the internet has become a godsend for Introverted Intuitives. It fits us like a glove and has given us our very own alternate, but no less real, world of our own. But that's another topic.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    you're only saying that because you think you're an S. i think you're an ENFP.

and of course N functions are correlated to intelligence. if you use no N functions, you never broaden your context or try to see other viewpoints. Ss that are smart are smart because they use N functions.

if you're facing a problem and you can't come up with a solution, you gotta use N functions. otherwise you'll beat your head against a wall forever. EVERYONE uses N functions. Ns just use them more often than Ss.

(i'm gonna get attacked for this)
    Even by me.

I'm not convinced that intuition is the same as intelligence.

I will say that it's correlated. Perhaps intelligence causes intuition. Maybe there's another factor that can cause high intuition, and can cause high intelligence, and usually causes them both together.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFJ

N is correlated with the traditional view of intelligence, because use of N functions is how we traditionally *define* intelligence, as in IQ.

So saying that Ns are generally more intelligent is just saying that Ns use the N functions more often and better. Well, duh

MBTI
    istp

I have better things to do with my time than to play internet Ghandi. If you're biased it's your problem, not mine. But it's ridiculous to say there's no bias against sensors.

It's no coincidence that I'm just about the only sensor responding to this. The grandstanding, the obliviousness, and the bias here is just nauseating. I'm not saying everyone here is like that cause I wouldn't have even bothered joining... but having an N under your name does not make you a beautiful and unique snowflake. A number of people haven't realized this yet.
    No offense.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Even by me.

I'm not convinced that intuition is the same as intelligence.

I will say that it's correlated. Perhaps intelligence causes intuition. Maybe there's another factor that can cause high intuition, and can cause high intelligence, and usually causes them both together.
    i never said intuition is the same as intelligence.

i just mean that you can't be very intelligent without using N functions.

intelligence requires thinking outside the box.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i'm definitely biased.

but i must say, i respect the Ss here more than a lot of the Ns. that's because i'd say 30%+ of the "N"s are Ss.

i've written off a lot of people here; i like never even read their posts. and they're pretty much all "N"s.

what i consciously try to get myself to do (with the people i haven't written off) is forget about their type (disposition) and respond to the content of their post. i don't know how good i am at this, but i try.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    i never said intuition is the same as intelligence.

i just mean that you can't be very intelligent without using N functions.

intelligence requires thinking outside the box.
    I don't think so.

Creativity requires thinking outside the box. Analysis, something ISTPs are ordinarily good at, fits right in there.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    N is correlated with the traditional view of intelligence, because use of N functions is how we traditionally *define* intelligence, as in IQ.

So saying that Ns are generally more intelligent is just saying that Ns use the N functions more often and better. Well, duh
    And yet everyone was arguing with me.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    I don't think so.

Creativity requires thinking outside the box. Analysis, something ISTPs are ordinarily good at, fits right in there.
    yeah, and if they get stuck, they use Ni.

Ti and Se can only get so far.

just like Ni and Fe can only get so far, or Ne and Ti or whatever.

i'm not saying you have to be an N to be smart. but you DO have to use N functions. and T functions.

plus, isn't problem solving a creative process?