User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    My experience with sensors and them "not understanding" me when I get on an intuitive topic is based on their always ignoring me and changing the subject. What are other intuitives experiences????

And yes, Wandering, he's my very own sensor and I love him
    With us it doesn't have to be an intuitive topic...

This is a recent actual conversation:

Him: Charlie was on the way to Vegas and had an accident...blah, blah, talks about how badly car was wrecked.... gets off subject talking about work and who's ticking him off... then says, Richard went to the ER with a hand injury.

Me: Will workman's comp cover it?

Him: No, it was away from work... I told you.

Me: You did?

Him: Yeh, on the way to Vegas.

Me: You said Charlie went to Vegas.

Him: Richard went too.

Me: Oh, so they were together.

Him: No, they weren't.

Me: Now how am I supposed to understand with this? (repeats conversation)

Him: They were in separate cars and there was a pile up.... try to keep up.

Me: bites tongue (yeh, right)

Gotta love'em... and I do. He knows me better than I do... we just can't communicate... daily!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    And yet...

The other day, for example, I wanted to go shopping. For that, I need two things:
    1- a bag
    2- my wallet.
    Usually, my wallet is in the backpack, so that's two searches completed in one go. So I went looking for the backpack. Went around the flat once - no backpack. Stopped, thought about it. Nope, couldn't remember leaving it anywhere special. Went around the flat a second time, paying special attention. Still no backpack. By then, I was starting to suspect that my husband had taken it. So I tried calling him on the phone, but he didn't answer. Then I thought a bit more about it: if he'd taken the backpack, he would have noticed my wallet, and he would have taken it out and left it somewhere for me to find. So I went a third time around the flat, looking for my wallet this time. And sure enough, I found it in two seconds flat, waiting for me in full view on the kitcken counter But I hadn't been looking for it, so I didn't "see" it. Classic. Wanna bet that a Sensor would have noticed it right away ?
    Exactly.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    Him: They were in separate cars and there was a pile up.... try to keep up.
    Oh man, I'd go sooooo crazy

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

And yet...

The other day, for example, I wanted to go shopping. For that, I need two things:
    1- a bag
    2- my wallet.
    Usually, my wallet is in the backpack, so that's two searches completed in one go. So I went looking for the backpack. Went around the flat once - no backpack. Stopped, thought about it. Nope, couldn't remember leaving it anywhere special. Went around the flat a second time, paying special attention. Still no backpack. By then, I was starting to suspect that my husband had taken it. So I tried calling him on the phone, but he didn't answer. Then I thought a bit more about it: if he'd taken the backpack, he would have noticed my wallet, and he would have taken it out and left it somewhere for me to find. So I went a third time around the flat, looking for my wallet this time. And sure enough, I found it in two seconds flat, waiting for me in full view on the kitcken counter But I hadn't been looking for it, so I didn't "see" it. Classic. Wanna bet that a Sensor would have noticed it right away ?
    that's so true... he's the one who finds things at our house... my stuff or his but, especially, when he was the last one to use it and didn't put it back.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    This sounds pretty self-serving to me, I must say. Wouldn't it be possible that there is no pattern whatsoever, and an intuitive sees one that isn't there, whereas a sensor would in fact be more accurate just determining the accuracy/validity of the information?
    That was my point.
    Wouldn't that be more "intelligent" than a mental process that was flawed to begin with?
    Yeah, a non-idiot, N or S, will know that nothing is connected in that case.
    I don't think that your assertion that intuition correlates with intelligence holds water.
    You don't have to, but I didn't make it up.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    That was my point. Yeah, a non-idiot, N or S, will know that nothing is connected in that case.
    You don't have to, but I didn't make it up.
    I didn't say that you did, I am saying that it's wrong.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTP

No we don't. We all have the same information available to us, true, but none of us actually perceives all that information - we can't, our brain would explode. So we filter, we select. And Sensors and iNtuitives use different filters, and consequently don't absorb the same information.
    Filters?
    Information isn't coffee.

If we're going to split hairs about if the intuitive uses a different filter, then we're going to get down to the nitty gritty. Every HUMAN uses a different filter.

You're talking about what we use the information for.

Saying that an SP, for example, uses the same information I do, would be ridiculous, considering how incredibly *little* I am aware of my surroundings. They take in information I don't even notice, and vice versa.
    No they attend to information you *think* you don't notice. You actually do, you just don't attend to it like they do. You're busy with... whatever it is you do.

They're called cognitive processes for a reason. Intuition is a process, just as sensing is. Maybe actually think about what I say before trying to dismiss it by splitting hairs.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I didn't say that you did, I am saying that it's wrong.
    And I'm saying that you want to believe that more than it is true.

Notice I never said that intuition was a cause for intelligence or sensing was a cause for stupidity. It's just correlated. Let's don't presume on my sentiment.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFJ

They're called cognitive processes for a reason. Intuition is a process, just as sensing is.
    What definition of cognition are you using, exactly? Just wondering.

Maybe actually think about what I say before trying to dismiss it by splitting hairs.
    Stop assuming you know what I'm doing or not doing. It only makes you look like a jerk and doesn't further the discussion in any way.

MBTI
    INTJ

Filters?
    Information isn't coffee.

If we're going to split hairs about if the intuitive uses a different filter, then we're going to get down to the nitty gritty. Every HUMAN uses a different filter.

Are you an S?