User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    My sister who was the best friend to everyone and did everything right was an ESFJ, and that is what I would be if I could.
    Stop that ! I already said I'd want to be an ESFJ if I could!

But at least, *I* didn't marry a Sensor ...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I know an ESFP (she is borderline ENFP but much too S for that). Now she's a real fascinating brain. Very deep thinker, into psychology and yet as ditsy as anything. Great fun whether it's a party or sharing a cuppa and a natter.

Sensors aren't fools, they just struggle to follow the intuitives "flow" sometimes. I have to wonder if they are more foolish for not being able to comprehend or if we are for being incomprehensible. Certainly many people, mostly intuitives, have had a pop at me at one point or another for being incomprehensible. I wonder how such people would react if I simply inferred that they were not clever enough to understand me?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Sensors aren't fools, they just struggle to follow the intuitives "flow" sometimes. I have to wonder if they are more foolish for not being able to comprehend or if we are for being incomprehensible. Certainly many people, mostly intuitives, have had a pop at me at one point or another for being incomprehensible. I wonder how such people would react if I simply inferred that they were not clever enough to understand me?
    I suspect I married one and I wouldn't do that if I were you. And I can tell you.. the problem is NOT ME being incomprehensible... boy, the stories I could tell.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post

PRIME EXAMPLE OF TYPE BIAS

Where do you place the onus of responsibility on being understood? Why do you say, they don't understand you, when it could very well be you don't understand them, or better yet, both parties could be completely missing each other with neither being more responsible than the other?

This is that attitude I was just talking about, smug certainty that what you're saying is Right and True and easily comprehended.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFj

Smile

My experience with sensors and them "not understanding" me when I get on an intuitive topic is based on their always ignoring me and changing the subject. What are other intuitives experiences????

And yes, Wandering, he's my very own sensor and I love him

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

whatever's still whatever, no matter what the type. The person who brought much spark to the forum. Well, to me at least.

It is good that your Se is well balanced, I'm still trying to develop my Se, Si, and Fi well enough.

Ideally, one should be able to use all functions comfortably as we grow and mature, isn't it.

I should've guessed it as I've never really had a close friendship with any sensor types, barring ISFJs actually. They tend to get irritated/bemused by the Ne and prefer more concreteness from me, while I have to make a conscious effort to be more to the point/literal, which I'm still not able to do when tired. So the friendships seldom progress deeper, but not for want of effort.

Just part of understanding. A person is more than the type isn't it? Our responses show more about us than about her.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    PRIME EXAMPLE OF TYPE BIAS

Where do you place the onus of responsibility on being understood? Why do you say, they don't understand you, when it could very well be you don't understand them, or better yet, both parties could be completely missing each other with neither being more responsible than the other?

This is that attitude I was just talking about, smug certainty that what you're saying is Right and True and easily comprehended.
    So you assume to understand what I meant by "flow" and then subjected me to the purging fires? Bravo. It's nice to have someone ready on the trigger but may I suggest or appeal for a little more moderation and a little less itchy trigger finger?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I still sense some bias against Sensors around here- nobody seems to want to be one for instance- so can you please tell me why?
    Well I think the common reason is because of the language associated with either side. Sensors are described almost everywhere as narrow because they can only *see* their own point of view. Stuff like that. Also, whether we want to accept this or not, intuition is correlated with intelligence. Sorry sensors, but I'm going to have to claim to be the arbiter here. It's true.

Still, there are plenty of dumbass intuitives. Michael Scott for example.

There are plenty of smart sensors. It's just that the chances are, if you're intuitive, you're smarter.

Would you have acted any differently towards me if I had joined as an ENTP?
    No 'cause I knew you were N anyway from the start. I may have tried to use more concrete analogies, or none at all, but I wouldn't assume you could handle fewer points or would shoo you away just 'cause "it's too sophisticated for a sensor".

people were catching onto me so I had to come out of the closet
    First to figure it out.

*shakes fists over head in victory*
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFP

Sensors are looking for different information than intuitives. They work with a different currency.. So it is unfair to say they struggle with grasping intuitive concepts while omitting the other half of the picture, where you fail to exchange your thoughts and ideas into their currency.

MBTI
    INFP

I don't even recall having difficulty getting a sensor to understand what I was saying before. If anything, it's a differing of interests.