• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sensor Bias at MBTIc

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
My experience with sensors and them "not understanding" me when I get on an intuitive topic is based on their always ignoring me and changing the subject. What are other intuitives experiences????

And yes, Wandering, he's my very own sensor and I love him:hug:

With us it doesn't have to be an intuitive topic...

This is a recent actual conversation:

Him: Charlie was on the way to Vegas and had an accident...blah, blah, talks about how badly car was wrecked.... gets off subject talking about work and who's ticking him off... then says, Richard went to the ER with a hand injury.

Me: Will workman's comp cover it?

Him: No, it was away from work... I told you.

Me: You did?

Him: Yeh, on the way to Vegas.

Me: You said Charlie went to Vegas.

Him: Richard went too.

Me: Oh, so they were together.

Him: No, they weren't.

Me: Now how am I supposed to understand with this? (repeats conversation)

Him: They were in separate cars and there was a pile up.... try to keep up.

Me: bites tongue (yeh, right)

Gotta love'em... and I do. He knows me better than I do... we just can't communicate... daily!:D

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
And yet... :blush:

The other day, for example, I wanted to go shopping. For that, I need two things:
1- a bag
2- my wallet.
Usually, my wallet is in the backpack, so that's two searches completed in one go. So I went looking for the backpack. Went around the flat once - no backpack. Stopped, thought about it. Nope, couldn't remember leaving it anywhere special. Went around the flat a second time, paying special attention. Still no backpack. By then, I was starting to suspect that my husband had taken it. So I tried calling him on the phone, but he didn't answer. Then I thought a bit more about it: if he'd taken the backpack, he would have noticed my wallet, and he would have taken it out and left it somewhere for me to find. So I went a third time around the flat, looking for my wallet this time. And sure enough, I found it in two seconds flat, waiting for me in full view on the kitcken counter :blush: But I hadn't been looking for it, so I didn't "see" it. Classic. Wanna bet that a Sensor would have noticed it right away :rolleyes: ?
Exactly. :blush:

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
And yet... :blush:

The other day, for example, I wanted to go shopping. For that, I need two things:
1- a bag
2- my wallet.
Usually, my wallet is in the backpack, so that's two searches completed in one go. So I went looking for the backpack. Went around the flat once - no backpack. Stopped, thought about it. Nope, couldn't remember leaving it anywhere special. Went around the flat a second time, paying special attention. Still no backpack. By then, I was starting to suspect that my husband had taken it. So I tried calling him on the phone, but he didn't answer. Then I thought a bit more about it: if he'd taken the backpack, he would have noticed my wallet, and he would have taken it out and left it somewhere for me to find. So I went a third time around the flat, looking for my wallet this time. And sure enough, I found it in two seconds flat, waiting for me in full view on the kitcken counter :blush: But I hadn't been looking for it, so I didn't "see" it. Classic. Wanna bet that a Sensor would have noticed it right away :rolleyes: ?

that's so true... he's the one who finds things at our house... my stuff or his but, especially, when he was the last one to use it and didn't put it back.:)

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
This sounds pretty self-serving to me, I must say. Wouldn't it be possible that there is no pattern whatsoever, and an intuitive sees one that isn't there, whereas a sensor would in fact be more accurate just determining the accuracy/validity of the information?
That was my point.
Wouldn't that be more "intelligent" than a mental process that was flawed to begin with?
Yeah, a non-idiot, N or S, will know that nothing is connected in that case.
I don't think that your assertion that intuition correlates with intelligence holds water.
You don't have to, but I didn't make it up.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
That was my point. Yeah, a non-idiot, N or S, will know that nothing is connected in that case.
You don't have to, but I didn't make it up.

I didn't say that you did, I am saying that it's wrong.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
No we don't. We all have the same information available to us, true, but none of us actually perceives all that information - we can't, our brain would explode. So we filter, we select. And Sensors and iNtuitives use different filters, and consequently don't absorb the same information.
Filters?
Information isn't coffee.

If we're going to split hairs about if the intuitive uses a different filter, then we're going to get down to the nitty gritty. Every HUMAN uses a different filter.

You're talking about what we use the information for.

Saying that an SP, for example, uses the same information I do, would be ridiculous, considering how incredibly *little* I am aware of my surroundings. They take in information I don't even notice, and vice versa.
No they attend to information you *think* you don't notice. You actually do, you just don't attend to it like they do. You're busy with... whatever it is you do.

They're called cognitive processes for a reason. Intuition is a process, just as sensing is. Maybe actually think about what I say before trying to dismiss it by splitting hairs.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I didn't say that you did, I am saying that it's wrong.

And I'm saying that you want to believe that more than it is true.

Notice I never said that intuition was a cause for intelligence or sensing was a cause for stupidity. It's just correlated. Let's don't presume on my sentiment.

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
They're called cognitive processes for a reason. Intuition is a process, just as sensing is.
What definition of cognition are you using, exactly? Just wondering.

Maybe actually think about what I say before trying to dismiss it by splitting hairs.
Stop assuming you know what I'm doing or not doing. It only makes you look like a jerk and doesn't further the discussion in any way.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Filters?
Information isn't coffee.

If we're going to split hairs about if the intuitive uses a different filter, then we're going to get down to the nitty gritty. Every HUMAN uses a different filter.

Are you an S?

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I think he's ISTP.
Wolf? He's 100% introverted (yikes!:eek:) which I don't believe is very common and can possibly cause a person to behave oddly to others more often times that not. Maybe that's where you're picking up the S but as far as P goes I dunno. I mean if you are indeed talking about Wolf then maybe it's the facial hair that's making you think P? Talk about your stereotypes! :rolleyes:

PS If its none of the above please disregard. :D

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I just can't remember his type. I don't know much about him either.