First 14222324

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Well, according to some people here, I am an ESFJ, ENFJ, ESFP, and ENFP. So I may not be the perfect test case. The Extroversion is the only super-expressed trait I have, though. I see both intuitive and sensing qualities within myself. Again, I am new to the whole typing thing, so I try not to get in over my head with judgments. Typing my friend with whom I had the discussion/debate was a rare exception, but he is very clearly introverted (way more talkative and animated via AIM, often has headphones on normally), and intuitive as far as I can tell.
    Meh. I've found recently that any person close to a type who's looking at that type and seeing how it corresponds to themselves can offer significant insight into a type which is different to my own or those close to my type.

Oh and judgements aren't anything to worry about (come over to the darkside ) the only difference between guidelines and rules is how much flex the person thinks they allow.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yes, he always orders the same thing wherever we go, if it's available. I don't know why he even bothers looking at the menu... he even recites the same script to the waiter every time: "can I have the number three breakfast please, but without the tomatoes, perhaps you could put on some extra beans instead. And a cup of tea. And a glass of water please - just ordinary tap water, not bottled, just tap water. And do you have any artificial sweetner? [he always calls it that, despite everyone else calling it by the most popular brand name! at this point I usually have to prompt the bemused waiter with a translation] Thanks."

Same script, word for word, same pauses in the same places every single time. Always wants to sit in the same seat on the same table. If we go there and 'his' seat or table is taken, he is visibly, very obviously, pissed off, and dwells on it for at least the first half of the visit - you can see he's preoccupied with discomfort at having to sit in a different place than usual, and not listening or responding to any of the conversation.

Yeah, that's something I just find totally incomprehensible and very difficult indeed to sympathize with.
    Same thing with my SJ boyfriend, which I guess makes it easier for me to pick him up something to eat on my way over to his house. I don't even have to ask - I know exactly what he will and will not eat. Don't even try to get him to eat something "new" or "exotic", it's simply not happening & if it DOES happen, he will not like it no matter if he secretly does. He also frequents the same bars and the same resturants. We recently went to a new bar and while he was there, he complained about the prices of drinks, the crowd, everything... but then a few days later said "Hey, I kinda liked that place" and is now going back on the same day the next week.

He also does the grumpy, complaining thing when he's out of his element. The first couple times he spent at my apartment consisted of mostly complaining about everything different from his place - too much sunlight in the windows, the birds are chirping loudly, he can hear people outside, can't park his car easily etc etc. Still to this day, we spend more time at his place because he doesn't feel comfortable at my place - he even gave me a couple dresser drawers & I have my own set of toiletries there so I'll be less tempted to insist that we hang out somewhere out of his comfort zone.

As a J, I'd think that I'd understand it a bit more but I really don't much at all. I used to take it personally, but unless it's something big (like I'm talking about in my other thread), I've started ignoring it because he's just blowing off steam.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Without Artisans we'd have no proper entertainment!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Meh. I've found recently that any person close to a type who's looking at that type and seeing how it corresponds to themselves can offer significant insight into a type which is different to my own or those close to my type.

Oh and judgements aren't anything to worry about (come over to the darkside ) the only difference between guidelines and rules is how much flex the person thinks they allow.
    I am already judgmental enough! I can be hardheaded. I know that much. Still, I feel better knowing that it's not with everything. I wouldn't get into a knock down-drag out argument about cosmogony, for instance. I simply do not know that much about the topic (although I enjoy reading about physics and outer space), so it would be pretty ludicrous. I just don't have a mental knack for such things, despite my interest in the topic.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp

I like Sensors. Their need for facts relates directly to my need for facts. The truth is that I live in my head and I don't like details. In fact, if you give me too many details, I won't remember them. I used to test as a sensor, but I'm not smart enough :[.

It's okay. I love you sensors!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves,
    who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad
    memories and allow themselves to be provoked this
    easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance."
    -Severus Snape