User Tag List

First 111920212223 Last

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Heh. Nah. Too bratty.
    Not too bratty. Glad to know you have some self-restraint.

The problem, as I see it, isn't so much in thinking that some types are better at some tasks than others. The purpose of MBTI was to sort out people's talents and gifts.
    And not just to sort out those talents and gifts but to further enhance them and the people themselves (their issues, their worries, their dispositions, their aspirations etc). To give them a deeper comprehension as to what they can do, specific to them, that could help them and others they know (esp. those whom they react horribly to but may not know why or were capable of understanding why). Even to increase their abilities in ways that aren't initially easy for them, once they are capable of understanding why that may have been before..and how to overstep or work through it. A deeper understanding as to what makes them tick or who they are (if they have/had trouble pinpointing or just giving them a deeper point!). And why it might still be hard...or how we change and why. And...and....more!

Ah, you made me feel better after this thread brought me down! I became a TYPo to escape my Type and all 15 associated others! Good devilish puppy! *pets* Ah! I can't pet you anymore, Einstein! Or can I?

The question is what you do with those disparities. Do you get tangled in a web of judgments, or do you just accept people's differences and appreciate them?
    Yea. StereoTyping sucks plenty ways 'round.

Enneagram
    1w2

Good point. Maybe this thread should be retitled: N-arcissism.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post

Are you going to do it?
    Ahem.

ETA: Although I wouldn't hesitate to add N-arse-cisism

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

I'm still fighting bias as the result of being stoopid enough to enter into another conversation with an "S"... it was just ludicrous... I'm thinking I won't be doing that again.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    I'm still fighting bias as the result of being stoopid enough to enter into another conversation with an "S"... it was just ludicrous... I'm thinking I won't be doing that again.
    What happened now?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    What happened now?
    It just appears impossible for me communicating with an "S" (sent you an example)... I don't have a clue why to tell the truth. Its like running into a brick wall.

Edit: It seems its not all "S" but one specific type which I don't want to say here.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

It just appears impossible for me communicating with an "S" (sent you an example)... I don't have a clue why to tell the truth. Its like running into a brick wall.

Edit: It seems its not all "S" but one specific type which I don't want to say here.
    Maybe you're just not the greatest communicator. (?)

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Maybe you're just not the greatest communicator. (?)
    *sigh* maybe so

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm not allowed to have a sensor bias with my sensor boyfriend and sensor mommy.

Honestly? I deal with an N/S difference every day with my ISFJ boyfriend. I can easily see our similarities and our differences. I wish I had some of his strengths and I find him extremelly intelligent - anyone who thinks sensors are "idiots" should try playing Jeopardy or Trivial Pursuit with an SJ (haha, I totally lose always) or watch an ESP's amazing interpersonal intelligence. Go for a hike with a strong Se person & be absolutely amazed at the sort of things they notice. My ISTJ father is quite possibly the most amazing debater I've ever seen in my life - I can never find a damn loophole in his arguments & I can never prove my point because he is loaded with facts (and I can never remember those!).

I suppose I've had problems with sensors not understanding me, but I've had problems with not understanding a sensing point of view. It goes both ways. If I've learned anything about the N/S difference, it's that I understand sensors (and sensor-like strengths) about as much as they understand intuitives... and ya know? I'd like to think that I can grow from that difference.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I'm thinking that your problem lies in talking to people who aren't clever enough to understand you or who aren't as adept at thinking in concepts as you are rather than any particular MBTI preference.

I've had those kind of conversations. Looking back it's a pretty even distribution between those who turned out to be Ns as Ss.

'Some people aren't up to the tasks before them' is one thing but 'Some types aren't up to the tasks before them' is a whole different ball park.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ENTP

I think it's really no surprise that many intuitives, once they're 'diagnosed', adopt a defensive or even hostile attitude towards sensors.

If you think about it, we're in the minority, and especially those of us with Ne or Ni as our dominant function, most of us would've spent our whole lives being told that everything we think matters, doesn't matter, and that everything we perceive or whatever is 'just our imagination', and therefore not valid.

I'm not saying all sensors behave that way towards intuitives, but an awful lot of them do. I even see it here, too, sometimes, a sensor smacking down an intuitive's argument by saying it's based on 'nothing', simply because it was based on abstractions that the sensor found difficult to grapple with or just plain unimportant.

In a way it reminds me of some black people I've known, who've been extremely racist against white people as a whole, because of the prejudice or bad treatment they've had from some white people - enough of it to put them on the defensive.

I'm not saying this makes bias against sensors right, but it does make it somewhat understandable... I think for me personally, if the ISTJ I deal closely with would show a bit more respect and open-mindedness for the intuitive deductions or observations I make, rather than habitually dismissing everything I say out of hand as "fantasy" and nonsense, then it'd make it much easier for me to resist the urge to think of him as stupid and rigid.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen