User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

So... you're sure you're an ENTP?

Well, I'm not angry. Honestly, if I were an S, I'd probably have lied in the other direction in order to fit in and avoid reproach (which shows what my priorities are, I guess) . I mean, there's a ridiculous number of xNTP's here claiming that they're mistreated by xSFJ parents/spouses. I really think a lot of them are just assuming that if their parents understand them so little, they must be the opposite type.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    As you all know, I joined this site as a Sensor and have been one for somewhere around 5 months now.

Am I a Sensor? No. I've tested as an ENTP since I first took the test in high school
    Meeeh! Don't do that :steam: !! Do you realise that some of us can't help but look at people of an "exotic" type to try and get a feel of what that type in general is like? Here I was trying to get an understanding of what ESTPs might be like based on you, and bam, turns out you were never an ESTP to begin with !? Heah hurts

But I still love ya And I admire you for having the nerve to pull something like that

I'd lurked on this site for a bit before joining it and had noticed a bias against Sensors- the idea that they are generally less intelligent, less interesting and in general probably worse people than Ns are.
    I've noticed that too, and I don't understand it.

I had a funny revelation recently. I decided to finally write that fanfic I'd been thinking about for a long while. The heroes are 4 guys, and one evening I figured, "hey, let's type them!" 2 of them (my two "least favourite" ones, if you could call them that, but that's only because I so absolutely love the other two - see what I mean?) are clearly Sensors (ESFP and ISTP). My most favourite guy turned out, to my great surprise, to most probably be an INFJ But his brother was the most interesting one to type. I just couldn't nail him down. He's so adaptable and easy-going, I figured he just had to be Ne, but no Ne-type worked, not even close. And then I realised I had been engaging in Sensor-ism. Turns out he's not Ne at all: he's Se! ISFP, I'm pretty sure. Which means my guys are 3 Sensors and one iNtuitive. And you know what? I think I love them even more now that I've realised that

I still sense some bias against Sensors around here- nobody seems to want to be one for instance- so can you please tell me why?
    Ideally, I'd want to be an ESFJ Or else an Se-type.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Drat! You just reinforced my bias which I'm trying not to have. Assuming you're not lying now.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Default On: bias and the state of this message board

For as long as I've been a member of this message board, there has been the constant murmur of a "bias toward sensors". Figurative fists are shaken in the non-direction of a nebulous "they" that look would look down upon sensors, yet no specific examples are ever cited. Rather than the sneering hate-mongers often alluded to but never nailed down with concrete example, I see the MBTI equivalent of limousine liberals who act as though sensors are helpless retarded children who need to be defended and protected.

That was tolerable; humans, being humans, have always and will always enjoy basking in the tender warmth of their own magnanimity. However, the arrival of posters whose entire MO is to "edify" the rest of us, be it through the use of passive aggression or, most recently, good-old-fashioned deception, is more than enough. I come to this board to discuss MBTI and to participate in discussion with people who will understand what I mean when I throw in some MBTI lingo. Not to be patronized and sermonized.

If someone is displaying a bias, confront them with it. Right there in the thread. For everyone to see. For the rest of your fellow posters:

Spare them the lessons.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    For as long as I've been a member of this message board, there has been the constant murmur of a "bias toward sensors". Figurative fists are shaken in the non-direction of a nebulous "they" that look would look down upon sensors, yet no specific examples are ever cited.
    INtuitives wouldn't remember specific examples, but they would remember tendencies

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I live among sensors and my Mother is an ISFJ and if given the choice I'd pack them all up and ship them to an island the size of a country just to be free from them and their short sighted views and stuffy stick up the ass demeanor.

Example(s)- My Mother constantly goes on about how when she was my age she never "thought" that far ahead. Well she wouldn't because she's a sensor and is now panicking and agonizing over how she will now afford the lifestyle she's accustomed to given her now situation (wealthy parents no longer living and no SO).

I'll have to post more examples later.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTJ

Do we need examples? The bias is so obvious. Myself I am biased as hell. Is it a problem? I am not so sure, but if we want sensors on this site, then it is. Those who don't believe there is a bias, maybe you should ask some of the sensors on this page? You know, you don't ask the bullies if they are bullying, you ask those being bullied if they are being bullied.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    Do we need examples?
    We got them anyway

Jen - 1
    Splittet - 2
    Wandering - 3 (check the other thread, where I confess to catching myself in an instance of Sensor-ism)

Anyone else?

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    You know, you don't ask the bullies if they are bullying, you ask those being bullied if they are being bullied.
    I can't say I'm biased as I haven't paid attention except in three cases. They were so ridiculously offensive and vile that I looked at the type. I came in here neutral, not knowing a thing about anyone's type but my own and, then, not that much about it. But, I have to say, yes, I was definitely bullied by "SJs". But then there's also an "N" that does pretty much the same thing and they seem to hang together. So, there you go.

After that experience and when I found out Whatever was not an "S," (the only other "S" I had noticed)... I really began wondering about the "S" thing. She didn't bully. At any rate, I'm going to be watching type... thing is alot don't put them on their profiles.... but I'm kinda getting a sense of sensors.

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

I'd have to say that the most interesting part of the 'social experiment' is happening now and over the next few weeks. I've found it interesting to watch how people have reacted to your manipulation. I'm curious though why you went from ISTP to ESTP? Did you not get enough of the 'bias' as an ISTP?
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**