User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    That isn't right, either, and people shouldn't be so narrow-minded. It's hard for people to understand the way my mind works, so I have issues there, too. And I love the Jung quotation there.

P.S. I am trying to figure out the types of people I know who truly are stupid, and it's difficult.
    How many people are ACTUALLY stupid?! Give me a break.
    You don't have enough respect for other people.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

One of the things I've noticed... no, not especially on site, is that when an "N", in communicating, will go to great lengths to explain and go through the steps of their conclusions. Whereas an "S" just states the conclusion with no fillin. This does two things, as I see it, the "S" gets bored with the details and also, sometimes, feels offended thinking the "N" is talking down to them... not so, they're actually being thoughtful. The "N" will question the "S" for the left-out fillin and the "S" gets offended by that as if they think they're being "grilled" or thought to be stoopid. As stated, not true. The "N" is seeking to understand and can't do so with fillin. On the other hand, when the "S" doesn't give fill in, the "N", usually pressing and getting rebuffed, thinks they are being talked down to... or being dictated to depending on the subject. So, yes, communication styles but also hard "hearts."

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    If you're referring to people who'd score in the bottom half when given an IQ test... then I'd say roughly 50%.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    ESFJ

That's a rather strange thing to say after I just spent several posts promoting understanding people's ways of thinking. There is a spectrum of intelligence in the world; it just isn't claimed by any one race, or belief system, or personality trait.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    Zzzz

I think he was mostly joking. Right, p_m?--nvm, I see I was right.

Aside from his post, this is unrelated, joking can be a form of stress release, especially given all the harping on Ss here or elsewhere, it's sometimes fun to tease against Ns (and vice versa or XXXX/XXX/XX/X play fighting all out brawls!)-- StereoTypes are sometimes used for light humour, with no intention of harm, though there can be if openly thrown about and misunderstood by others. We see it in humour all the time with other kinds of stereotypes by comedians. Oh, and isn't there something said about comedians showing the true nature/reflection of hidden society at the time? Or something similar? err

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    One of the things I've noticed... no, not especially on site, is that when an "N", in communicating, will go to great lengths to explain and go through the steps of their conclusions. Whereas an "S" just states the conclusion with no fillin. This does two things, as I see it, the "S" gets bored with the details and also, sometimes, feels offended thinking the "N" is talking down to them... not so, they're actually being thoughtful. The "N" will question the "S" for the left-out fillin and the "S" gets offended by that as if they think they're being "grilled" or thought to be stoopid. As stated, not true. The "N" is seeking to understand and can't do so with fillin. On the other hand, when the "S" doesn't give fill in, the "N", usually pressing and getting rebuffed, thinks they are being talked down to... or being dictated to depending on the subject. So, yes, communication styles but also hard "hearts."
    Huh... I see the exact opposite. I see the N stating a conclusion but figuring the steps to get there are so obvious they don't need stated. Whereas the S is a detail-oriented kind of guy, and goes through each step in excruciating, mind-numbing detail.

I... suppose. Yeah!

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    Huh... I see the exact opposite. I see the N stating a conclusion but figuring the steps to get there are so obvious they don't need stated. Whereas the S is a detail-oriented kind of guy, and goes through each step in excruciating, mind-numbing detail.
    Weird.... not my experience at all!

wonder if it could be gender-based...

I don't know... I've been told I'm pretty typical... if you'll look at some of my posts, you'll see what I'm talking about.

MBTI
    ESFJ

See, I think of "details" to be in the same boat as hard factual data ("nuts and bolts"), and more the realm of the sensors I know, whereas the conceptual and theoretical elements would be more the intuitive realm. Am I off to people here?

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    See, I think of "details" to be in the same boat as hard factual data ("nuts and bolts"), and more the realm of the sensors I know, whereas the conceptual and theoretical elements would be more the intuitive realm. Am I off to people here?
    I wasn't addressing thinking style... just communication style. And, when an "N" is trying to fillin on that.... blah, blah, blah

Edit... this post and last... I'm having trouble communicating today. lol

MBTI
    ESFJ

I wasn't addressing thinking style... just communication style. And, when an "N" is trying to fillin on that.... blah, blah, blah

Edit... this post and last... I'm having trouble communicating today. lol

Ah, well, I go off and blab on a for a while, too, but I like to throw in some interesting facts, figures, and anecdotes, too.