User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I am starting to think that "sensor" = "relative or co-worker I hate" for some people.
    Starting? Man you're slow, you must be a sensor or something.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Starting? Man you're slow, you must be a sensor or something.
    If this is what you read into what I said, then you haven't really paid attention to the content.

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

Waiting to see if this thread can get anymore ridiculous....my bet is that it will!
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

He said "some people" not "heart". No need to be paranoid.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    He said "some people" not "heart". No need to be paranoid.
    LOL, I don't think it is paranoid since he was quoting me when he said it. I am simply saying if you get that the only people I am speaking of when I say the S in my life are the people I "hate" then you haven't read my content.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Well, then you are wrong. I have affection many of the sensors I have the most frustration with.

Mark this, you are a vastly different breed of sensor than many of us know based solely on your willingness to seek understanding through MBTI.

I have tried to bring MBTI up with the ones I care the most about and they won't talk about it at all. I try to explain the differences in commnication and they laugh at me.
    I am sorry to hear that. That is really lame behavior. Truly. MBTI seems to be a useful, albeit limited, tool for understanding yourself and others better. Do you honestly think that sensors don't want that for themselves, too? Or that someone basically maintaining that you (even as an intelligent, engaged person) have less capacity for deep thought because of one personality trait isn't just as closed-minded as people laughing at your for trying to explore how you communicate differently and get them involved? I am not saying that there isn't a PC atmosphere here to an extent. I am only saying that the wariness isn't totally unwarranted.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ESFJ

LOL, I don't think it is paranoid since he was quoting me when he said it. I am simply saying if you get that the only people I am speaking of when I say the S in my life are the people I "hate" then you haven't read my content.
    That was a response, but I didn't mean that you specifically meant that. What you said just reminded me of some of the first couple of SJ-related posts that I read that were basically "This SJ jerk at work did this. . ." It's not endemic, there are just examples. I don't feel as though you are attacking me at all, nor do I feel that you use "sensor" as an epithet. I think that the bias does pop up, though. I am trying to countervail it by engaging people actively.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I am sorry to hear that. That is really lame behavior. Truly. MBTI seems to be a useful, albeit limited, tool for understanding yourself and others better. Do you honestly think that sensors don't want that for themselves, too? Or that someone basically maintaining that you (even as an intelligent, engaged person) have less capacity for deep thought because of one personality trait isn't just as closed-minded as people laughing at your for trying to explore how you communicate differently and get them involved? I am not saying that there isn't a PC atmosphere here to an extent. I am only saying that the wariness isn't totally unwarranted.
    Yes, I understand this and when I see evidence that a person is willing to give and take in the area of understanding, I will work as hard as they do to meet in the middle.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Yes, I understand this and when I see evidence that a person is willing to give and take in the area of understanding, I will work as hard as they do to meet in the middle.
    OK, then. *high five*

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    There isn't always that much difference between Sensors and iNtuitives when you consider that every type has a Sensing and iNtuitive function. For half of the types the two are adjacent as second and third functions. The clearest distinctions come from those who strongly prefer one function over the other - or in whom one or both S or N functions are nearly absent.

What the Sensor bias looks like to me is a means to unite posters since the days of iNtuitive Central. The N function is what this online community supposedly had in common since that time. It often appears that the definition of Sensors gets squished into a tight little corner as a throw-a-way definition for those traits that the community rejects. It reaches a point that most people assume they must be iNtuitives because the definition of Sensing is smushed down into a handful of rigid, negative traits. The irony is that it is entirely possible that many people who rail against Sensors are in fact Sensors without even realizing it simply because they don't understand the breadth and depth of what those functions are really about. You simply cannot understand the iNtuitive function without understanding Sensing. Both poles of the spectrum must be comprehended and defined in a balanced manner in order for the distinctions to be clear.
    I agree entirely.
    Furthermore, anyone who categorically believes all sensors are not intelligent are themselves pompous over-inflated know-it-alls who actually know nothing that they ought to know!