Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    The SJ has a lot of initial resistance to change, while the NJ enjoys exploring new things in the beginning. But once we believe we have a near perfect system worked out... good luck on trying to change it anymore.
    I don't really think anyone who thinks (regardless of type) is truly open to change, since it is natural to fear the unknown. Hell, if people are so open to change, then they'd probably not mind dying.

Personally, I'm only open to my own conceptions, I tend to be more skeptical of the ideas of others or even new experiences that I feel will be a waste or if it's a violation of my personal comfort. For example, I don't like going to new places or trying out different restaurants or the like unless it's on my terms.

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I don't really think anyone who thinks (regardless of type) is truly open to change, since it is natural to fear the unknown. Hell, if people are so open to change, then they'd probably not mind dying.

Personally, I'm only open to my own conceptions, I tend to be more skeptical of the ideas of others or even new experiences that I feel will be a waste or if it's a violation of my personal comfort. For example, I don't like going to new places or trying out different restaurants or the like unless it's on my terms.
    This post confuses me... a lot.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    It should as he's not completely well.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

LOL
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    I don't think you're that far off from the truth... I'm a NJ that fully endorse in this. Blame it on the Ni... once we think we've figured things out, it's extremely difficult to knock us off.
    True. That's the problem with Ni: it's hard to access, and thus it's hard to manipulate. Typically, anyone who wants to make an NJ change their mind needs to learn patience, because there's basically only one sure-fire method to achieve that:
    1- Give us the facts that contradict our position. Calmly!
    2- Shut up and wait.
    Eventually, our Ni should get down to incorporating those facts, and hopefully we'll change our position. Not necessarily in the way you would want, though But still, sooner or later we will change our position (we always do ) And we might even not believe you when you insist we didn't always agree with you

Hmmm. I just realized that when Whatever came out as an ENTP, she suddenly lost a bit of humble innocence in my mind. I don't think it was that she deceived us that she lost that attractive humbleness.

I think I have for a long time associated Ns with having overinflated opinions of their own intelligence, whereas Ss in my mind have often had endearing humbleness. My change in perception had nothing to do with Whatever, because she didn't suddenly start saying, "I'm Einstein!"; it had to do with the framework of stereotypes in my mind.

There's definitely a climate of "N is more intelligent than S" on this forum. It's probably a big reason why I have associated arrogance with Ns and humbleness with Ss.

I still enjoy you very mucho, Whatever!
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    It should as he's not completely well.
    What did I do?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    Hmmm. I just realized that when Whatever came out as an ENTP, she suddenly lost a bit of humble innocence in my mind. I don't think it was that she deceived us that she lost that attractive humbleness.

I think I have for a long time associated Ns with having overinflated opinions of their own intelligence, whereas Ss in my mind have often had endearing humbleness. My change in perception had nothing to do with Whatever, because she didn't suddenly start saying, "I'm Einstein!"; it had to do with the framework of stereotypes in my mind.

There's definitely a climate of "N is more intelligent than S" on this forum. It's probably a big reason why I have associated arrogance with Ns and humbleness with Ss.

I still enjoy you very mucho, Whatever!
    What if someone is an arrogant S?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Why?
    Okay...

This is an awfully big logical leap, isn't it?

First, this makes no sense! Your conceptions at least had their genesis from outside information. They're not self-generating!

Second, nobody wants to do something that violates his personal code.

Third, going to a new restaurant or not -- even if suggested by someone else -- is on your terms. Otherwise, I have to assume someone physically subdued you and dragged you to the restaurant, or blackmailed you into going, or something similar -- which wouldn't be voluntary in the first place. Although possible, enjoying that experience under those circumstances is unlikely.

Basically, the post just kind of sounded bratty, judgmental and toothless. I don't think you meant it to come across that way...

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Merged both Sensor Bias threads and extricated fluff with surgical precision.

You can still find posts relating exclusively to whatever's type (but not the reasons for her concealing) over here.

P.S. I'm an ESFJ.