User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury
    I really thought that these sensory "bias" claims were overblown and somewhat silly, but some of the post in this forum are leading me to believe that they have some credence.
    Exactly.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    What would happen if a sensor came in complaining about an intuitive they were having problems with? What would the response be?
    That's actually happened a few times on here and I wish it happened more. The few comments about how annoyingly abstract Ns can be made me stop and think. I'm still me online, but at work it's made me understand better why misunderstandings and frustrations can occur. So, I've changed how I interact with several people at work because of a few anti-N comments on here.

I don't see complaints about this type or that type being annoying as a negative thing. I learn a hellava lot more from those comments than y'all ones.

MBTI
    ENTP

Uber I haven't heard narrow mindedness connected to SP's. SJ's, yes, but not SP's.

edit - I don't really care what type you are whatever - it's the person I'm interested in whatever the label. If you had said you called yourself ESTP but behaved exactly like you do all the time, I wouldn't bat an eyelid, but the only thing that makes me apprehensive is that you've said you've altered your behaviour. Like I say, I don't judge that as 'bad' or 'wrong', but just from my POV I'm sure you can imagine it makes me feel like I'm not sure how much of the 'you' that I thought I knew really is you, and how much I have to discount.

I don't have a huge beef or anything, I've no massive problem with it - I'm adaptable and I'm quite happy to just make a mental note and keep an eye out now to see for myself how you behave now you're not pretending any more. I don't think I like you any more or less either way, it's just a question of wanting to know what I'm dealing with, that's all, and just feeling that at the moment, I don't. Again, that's not a problem for me - I can adapt But that's all I'm saying, no judgement or good/bad type opinions, just "what I thought existed isn't 100% what really existed, so now I have to figure out what really existed". Whilst some people might say that with a complaining tone, and dislike the situation, I'm not one of those people. It's not a problem for me. And it'll probably only take me like, five seconds, figuratively speaking. It's not like I'm saying you're on trial or anything
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't know, but I think I'm beginning to see that NJs, who naturally cling to whatever conceptions they have, are the most destructively narrow-minded types. (Although I don't see narrow-mindedness as a bad thing, necessarily.) I honestly don't see such a pronounced narrow-mindedness with the SJs who post here. And I don't see many narrow-minded people in the world, in general, either. It's just that certain people are more concerned with details of living and others are more concerned with dreaming. I dunno, but that doesn't necessarily imply narrow- or broad-mindedness in either type.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I don't know, but I think I'm beginning to see that NJs, who naturally cling to whatever conceptions they have, are the most destructively narrow-minded types.
    I would agree with this.

xNTJs typically are the most narrow-minded.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I don't know, but I think I'm beginning to see that NJs, who naturally cling to whatever conceptions they have, are the most destructively narrow-minded types. (Although I don't see narrow-mindedness as a bad thing, necessarily.) I honestly don't see such a pronounced narrow-mindedness with the SJs who post here. And I don't see many narrow-minded people in the world, in general, either. It's just that certain people are more concerned with details of living and others are more concerned with dreaming. I dunno, but that doesn't necessarily imply narrow- or broad-mindedness in either type.
    I'm not type biasing or generalizing but talking here about the actual people I know in RL. The SJ's I know and have known have typically not been so much narrow-minded as just resistant to new ideas, to actually listening to them. If you can talk to them nicely and put things in a way they can access, they have tended to be more reasonable, more willing to listen and to alter their behaviour accordingly than any of the NJ's I've known.

NJ's in my experience are the ones who are little popes, if you know what I mean. Infallibles. The closest you get to an apology or admission of anything negative being remotely caused by them is the notorious "I'm sorry you feel that way".

Actually at the moment in that regard I probably am biased because I'm experiencing some very bad juju with a certain very stubborn, rigid and self-righteous male INFJ in RL and it's given me a day from hell.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    yupp

this thread makes me feel stupid and I'm "suppose" to be an N
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Enneagram
    1w2

Moved posts about sensing, intuiting and intelligence here.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Knowing someone's type doesn't replace knowing the person. Many types can be narrow minded or open minded in different ways, it just depends on how you define the terms.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    NJ's in my experience are the ones who are little popes, if you know what I mean. Infallibles. The closest you get to an apology or admission of anything negative being remotely caused by them is the notorious "I'm sorry you feel that way".

Actually at the moment in that regard I probably am biased because I'm experiencing some very bad juju with a certain very stubborn, rigid and self-righteous male INFJ in RL and it's given me a day from hell.
    I don't think you're that far off from the truth... I'm a NJ that fully endorse in this. Blame it on the Ni... once we think we've figured things out, it's extremely difficult to knock us off.

The SJ has a lot of initial resistance to change, while the NJ enjoys exploring new things in the beginning. But once we believe we have a near perfect system worked out... good luck on trying to change it anymore.