User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    What definition of cognition are you using, exactly? Just wondering.
    No, you're just wandering. Talk about not furthering the discussion.

Explain to me the relevance of the question before I answer it.

Stop assuming you know what I'm doing or not doing.
    So... I'm not allowed to observe your posting behavior and then reiterate it?
    It only makes you look like a jerk and doesn't further the discussion in any way.
    Well if we're going to get on about furthering the discussion then I'd probably have to ask you to stop posting, because it's quite clear to me, at this point, (and I'm positive you're going to deny this) that you go out of your way to trash my points, regardless of what they are.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    And yet everyone was arguing with me.
    Not me Not on *that* point. I mean, I agree that iNtuitives are generally more intelligent. I'm just pointing out the fact that this is so simply because the definition of "intelligence" is tweaked in our favour. So really, it doesn't mean much, if anything.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    yeah, and if they get stuck, they use Ni.
    Ti and Se can only get so far.
    Or they give up. It's not all about problem solving though.
    i'm not saying you have to be an N to be smart. but you DO have to use N functions. and T functions.
    Then you're saying that intuition, regardless of preference, is the same as intelligence, and I'm saying that's not necessarily true.

plus, isn't problem solving a creative process?
    Doesn't have to be. Using a unique solution to a problem is creative, but problem solving in and of itself isn't inherently creative.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFJ

Explain to me the relevance of the question before I answer it.
    You can't see it ?

So... I'm not allowed to observe your posting behavior and then reiterate it?
    Yes you are. What you are not allowed to do is observe my posting behaviour and pretend to know what or how I'm thinking based on it. You only see what I'm posting, you do not know what goes on in my head to get me to post this.

Well if we're going to get on about furthering the discussion then I'd probably have to ask you to stop posting, because it's quite clear to me, at this point, (and I'm positive you're going to deny this) that you go out of your way to trash my points, regardless of what they are.
    Considering that I just actually supported you on another point, this is obviously untrue

But I don't care, really. I don't want to talk with you anymore anyway. And no, don't try and tell me that you know WHY, because you don't.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Sensors?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by 6sticks View Post
    The grandstanding, the obliviousness, and the bias here is just nauseating. I'm not saying everyone here is like that cause I wouldn't have even bothered joining... but having an N under your name does not make you a beautiful and unique snowflake. A number of people haven't realized this yet.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    ...It's a smugness that no one sees what you see and very few people understand the world in the way you understand it. I'm not saying that I am correctly interpreting things, it's just what it seems like to me. For example whenever there's a hot thread about any of the Big Topics (Religion, Sex/Sexuality, Politics, etc.), I find there's a didactic and pompous air that's wrapped in pseudo open mindedness. Maybe I'm just dull or something, I don't know, it seems like so few people approach a topic humbly...
    Agree.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    You can't see it ?
    Nice try, but this deflection won't work. If you want an answer to the question, then give me a reason to answer it.

Yes you are. What you are not allowed to do is observe my posting behaviour and pretend to know what or how I'm thinking based on it. You only see what I'm posting, you do not know what goes on in my head to get me to post this.
    I didn't.

Considering that I just actually supported you on another point, this is obviously untrue
    Interesting that you did so directly after I made the post you quoted above.

But I don't care, really. I don't want to talk with you anymore anyway. And no, don't try and tell me that you know WHY, because you don't.
    Oh I get it! You know what I'm thinking enough that you can predict what I'm going to do next, but I can't know what you're thinking.

Silly cat, tricks are for rabbits.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFP

If sensors are seen as undesirable, then the people that come to this forum will subconsciously (or perhaps even consciously) try to associate themself with what is desirable--N. So, you will have not only a greater amount of Sensing "Intuitives", but you will encourage this:

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance
    i never said intuition is the same as intelligence.

i just mean that you can't be very intelligent without using N functions.

intelligence requires thinking outside the box.
    Edahn: As someone of authority, you have an opinion that carries a lot of weight, so you might want to consider the consequences of saying something like, Sensors? whether it be in jest or not.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

The thing that has always seemed . . . off, I guess, about the ESTP thing has nothing to do with intelligence. It has had to do with interests. Your interests have always seemed very theoretical and academic for a sensor to me.

I know some brilliant sensors, among them one of my sons. He's still only eleven, so I'm not certain about his type, but he has no problem with his schoolwork. His classmates call him 'The Human Calculator.' But he is not the least bit interested in anything educational outside the classroom.

An ES living in a houseful of INs shows a bit of a contrast. The other kids, for instance, watch documentaries for fun. They don't all watch the same ones, but they all do choose to watch them and would watch them over, say, SpongeBob or Hannah Montana half the time. One of the INs always wants to google stuff about animals and machines. The other two are always reading fan-fic. My ES only looks up cheat codes for video games. He is every bit as smart if not smarter than his IN siblings, but his interests are not intuitive at all.

I've noticed the same pattern with my oldest daughter's brilliant ESFP friend. Doesn't break a sweat with advanced classes. Couldn't care less about any of it outside of school.

This is why I was scratching my head when I've read some of your highly informed posts on economics, for instance. It's the kind of stuff my INTP husband is interested in and spends his free time learning about for fun.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ

Interesting that you did so directly after I made the post you quoted above.
    Oh really? You posted the post I quoted above at 9:05 pm (my time). I posted my first post in your favour about intelligence being directly related to iNtuition at 8:40 pm. You can check.

Edited
    Last edited by Wandering; 03-17-2008 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Could be construed as a personal attack