I think I know what your talking about. I don't have that much incongruence.. but some. The things I am incongruent on are extremely unsetteling, and I am forever researching, observing, learning more and more to decide which one holds greater weight, or truth in my mind. I think that eventually one will have to win out the other. Could you give an example of "double think?"
1) deserved the death penalty? Yes, he was a monster guised as a human.. he deserved to die.
2) The death penatly is wrong.. no one has the right to kill another, no matter how attrocious that person is
3) Society has the right to say "you don't fit with us and you are a danger to us so we are putting you in a cell forever"
4) Tax payers shouldn't have to pay years and years of Ted BUndy and his appeals
5) Holding someone in jail forever could be considered worse than death