User Tag List

First 456

Results 51 to 57 of 57

  1. #51
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    There are 2 kinds of people;

    -The people who either believe or disbelieve things based on emotion/logic(same thing, since the conclusion is a belief, this means the logic is purely directed by emotion since the extent of the logic used to gather information is based on the extent of your emotional connection to the need to figure out more... this process which will be guide towards the conclusion of either be left open to possibility, or closed to an unconditional belief- the latter being the more illogical one. These people are easily manipulatable, you can mold your opinions in their heads by simply giving your one sided version of the story to convince them... When the opinion reaches the majority, it now becomes the standard.

    -OR.... the people who are on a more open minded spectrum, more need for more information is the emotional drive for the thinking process. On the farther side of the spectrum... some people can become so open minded to drift into the infinity and be labelled insane, but the more grounded ones are labelled geniuses.
    Elaborate/clarify the section below please...? oh wait nevermind I see.

    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    and so the person with more emotional need to find out more information could be perceived as more open minded.
    And the person who doesn't not feel the need to have much information to have a belief can be considered closed minded
    I suspect you are capturing aspects of Jungs version of individuals who lead with the "rational" vs "irrational" functions in the dominant position. "Rational" being the judging functions and "irrational" being the perceiving functions. This is not J vs P, but rather T/F vs N/S.

    Interestingly the ties back into emotional impetus are kinda similar to something Eric B posted awhile back regarding why we tend to favor development of one dominant function over another-he proposed a feeling of emotional security when we use the dom function, thus prompting us to use it more and more and thus become very good at using it...didnt follow up on that thread though...

    (assuming I understood what you were getting at)

  2. #52
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Here you can read here: http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm

    Starting at section 5 to 8 are the descriptions are where the comparisons between the rational and irrational begin-at least for the extroverts.

    This is towards the end but describes how the two interact:

    "This point brings me to the problem of the psychic relation between the representatives of the different types. Following the terminology of the French school of hypnotists, the psychic relation among the more modern psychiatrists is termed I 'rapport'. Rapport chiefly consists in a feeling of actual accord, in spite of recognised differences. In fact, the recognition of existing differences, in so far as they are common to both, is already a rapport, a feeling of accord. If we make this feeling conscious to a rather high degree in an actual case, we discover that it has not merely the quality of a feeling that cannot be analysed further, but it also has the nature of an insight or cognitional content, representing the point of agreement in a conceptual form.

    This rational presentation is exclusively valid for the rational types; it by no means applies to the irrational, whose rapport is based not at all upon judgment but upon the parallelism of actual living events. His feeling of accord is the common perception of a sensation or intuition.

    The rational would say that rapport with the irrational depends purely upon chance. If, by some accident, the objective situations are exactly in tune, something like a human relationship takes place, but nobody can tell what will be either its validity or its duration. To the rational type it is often a very bitter thought that the relationship will last only just so long as external circumstances accidentally produce a mutual interest.

    This does not occur to him as being especially human, whereas it is precisely in this situation that the irrational sees a humanity of quite singular beauty. Accordingly each regards the other as a man destitute of relationships, upon whom no reliance can be placed, and with whom one can never get on decent terms.

    Such a result, however, is reached only when one consciously tries to make some estimate of the nature of one's relationships with one's fellow-men.



    Although a psychological conscientiousness of [p. 471] this kind is by no means usual, yet it frequently happens that, notwithstanding an absolute difference of standpoint, a kind of rapport does take place, and in the following way. The one assumes with unspoken projection that the other is, in all essential points, of the same opinion as himself, while the other divines or senses an objective community of interest, of which, however, the former has no conscious inkling and whose existence he would at once dispute, just as it would never occur to the latter that his relationship must rest upon a common point-of-view. A rapport of this kind is by far the most frequent; it rests upon projection, which is the source of many subsequent misunderstandings."


    I always thought the last part in red was quite interesting.

  3. #53
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Kinda funny that a guy who makes a thread about 2 types of people in a forum that categorizes people into 4x4 types is being made fun of. But well, it's the magic 4, noone can resist it
    What is wrong with saying that people are dull?

  4. #54
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    "m not judging anything else what you say than what you say about there being basically two types of people. use 5 minutes on studying personality psychology "


    i assumed you meant MBTI or something since this is a personality psychology site based on a certain theory, it was naturally for me to assume that since what other personality psychology would i look at? thats a subjective term and can coincide with any personality theory. knowhatimean
    maybe you shouldnt just assume? and dunno if it was natural for you to assume that much, if it was, you should definitely cut down the assumptions. personality psychology isnt an subjective term, its an actual branch of psychology http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personality_psychology . this isnt an personality psychology site, this is a personality typology site thats concentrating on typologies based on jungs psychological types and little on enneagram. i have taken university course on personality psychology and MBTI and jungs typology was just a very small part of it.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  5. #55
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takeru View Post
    What is wrong with saying that people are dull?
    Nottin, I am just not used to it being done so publicly and by so many. Where I come from you can get in serious troubles for discrediting someone :/. need to be more tricky here and subtle if you really want to tell someone he sucks
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  6. #56
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Nottin, I am just not used to it being done so publicly and by so many. Where I come from you can get in serious troubles for discrediting someone :/. need to be more tricky here and subtle if you really want to tell someone he sucks
    But I am saying ALL people must be boring .

  7. #57
    Senior Member Munchies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    Elaborate/clarify the section below please...? oh wait nevermind I see.



    I suspect you are capturing aspects of Jungs version of individuals who lead with the "rational" vs "irrational" functions in the dominant position. "Rational" being the judging functions and "irrational" being the perceiving functions. This is not J vs P, but rather T/F vs N/S.

    Interestingly the ties back into emotional impetus are kinda similar to something Eric B posted awhile back regarding why we tend to favor development of one dominant function over another-he proposed a feeling of emotional security when we use the dom function, thus prompting us to use it more and more and thus become very good at using it...didnt follow up on that thread though...

    (assuming I understood what you were getting at)
    You really do understand. But no i didn't make this theory in relation to jungs theory mentioned above... although it's pretty similar

    I'll give though-rough reply when i get the time for intense thinking. I just didn't want you to feel unappreciated for those two posts, because they were outstanding.
    1+1=3 OMFG

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] there are two types of intjs
    By chado in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2016, 09:13 PM
  2. There are two types of people in the world...
    By Legion in forum Other Personality Systems
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 08-23-2016, 05:13 AM
  3. There are two types of people
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2013, 03:31 PM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 08:43 AM
  5. There are only 2 types of people....
    By cogdecree in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 01:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO