• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tales of Type Superiority

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'd like to gather some tales about different types of people who exhibit, in your opinion, belief of their own superiority, or belief of superiority of their own type.

Beliefs related to superiority are pretty revealing stuff. I'm thinking that when a person opens up and tells or shows how superior they are, they aren't inhibiting themselves much, and we see a glimpse of stuff that really matters to them.

Also, those can be wonderful moments for someone to show how much of an ass they are.

I'll start.

a male ESTP:
-often the life of the party, and indeed, makes a mundane situation a party
-extremely good with games of many sorts
-for years, liked to play against weaker opponents, and often made the game a humiliating situation
-teased and verbally humiliated his opponents while scoring points in any game
-extremely flashy show-off whenever he did something good with his teammate
-flamboyant and extravagant when discussing which games to play, with the hint that as a superior player he is going to win them anyway
-outside the settings of games, he made fun of people who for reason or another were uncool, or did stupid stuff, especially the kind of stupid where the person wasn't aware of the situation

a male INTJ
-silently accepts that the people in general aren't much of intellectuals, and they in general don't get many things straight
-he does things by the book, and success is there with him, forever
-other people have given in to all kinds of money-wasting, like being hospitable to guests, going to restaurants, bars, decorating their house, etc. which he only sees as something that a person prone to immoderation would do.
-that a person lives a normal life is a sign of herd-mindedness, whereas a real winner would be above normal social dealings with their peers, and do some kind of work alone and emerge as a winner
-other people are show-offs, which is a poor intellectual choise, as lot of money is spent showing off to other people, where no real work is done
-people in general aren't intelligent, so they secure work by perfecting some very limited skillset and knowledge base, so they can win their competitors. That in his opinion is a tactic of an unintelligent person.
-other people don't have enough of a willpower to invest great deals of money and wait for the profit for few decades.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your INTJ sounds like an ISTJ to me. Most INTJs I know (myself included) are just as likely to toss the book and play by our own rules. There is some statement in a tabular summary of types to the effect that the INTJ resists rules by ignoring the rulebook, since it's obviously meant for lesser beings. Of course, this bespeaks a certain arrogance that would fit in with your premise of superiority. INTJs are often very vocal about the intellectual shortcomings of others (more arrogance), and will spend money on the things they need to pursue their projects, interest, work (perhaps an occasional bit of narcissism here?)

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Didn't you start the retarded thread: who wants to be better than an ENTJ.
I mean you are kind of contradicting yourself here.
You do believe that your type is superior, yet you despise people who adhere to type superiority.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I love to tell my ISFJ friend that "ISFJ knows best :heart:"

There's nothing better than making an ISFJ feel even marginally superior after all the shit they read on these fucking forums.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Well, there was Lex Talionis in the "ESFP Stupidity" thread, saying NT intelligence was the only kind that mattered...

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I know which types have started >10-20 threads here over the years on "(why) my type is the best/most intelligent/most interesting/most misunderstood" and which types haven't started any.

:whistling:

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Just look for the one's who believe they speak on behalf of a type.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
You do believe that your type is superior, yet you despise people who adhere to type superiority.
Since you are incapable of understanding almost anything, I will skip the cat-and-mouse-play of trying to make you understand some shit yourself.

The thread targeted you. (Weren't you one obnoxious idiot-bastard ENTP one time, hating ENTJ?)

The thread's premise was the notion that inordinate amount of attention was paid to the condition of someone being better than ENTJ. If I remember right, what your name was before, that person was you.

So, in plain speak, the thread was an exercise in asking - why would someone want to declare they're better than ENTJ?

This was not to say that my type would or would not be better than some other type.

I think you are more than a bit jumpy, paranoid and twisted about the subject. Let me tell an example to illustrate the point. Again, if you are the person I believe you are - and no, I don't want to memorize people's ever-changing avatars and names - there was a truth and lie game in one thread, and I told 3 points which underlined my extrovertedness. They were not to brag about myself, even if there was a slight nuance to that effect. They were not written in a format that I would use to bring much admiration to my person. And, there you were, fiercly opposing an idea that an ENTJ might do - gasp - extroverted things. You were paranoid, your hatred misplaced and your opinions were unfounded.

I was playing against you.

Remember, you are not above using such guerilla tactics yourself. But, I played it fair.

Lark

The LARK type is superior.

colossus-rh.jpg

G

Ginkgo

Odd... your obsession with ENTJs verges on worship. :laugh:

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
It was ? I am flattered!
Anyway,

I doubt you don't think your type is superior to other types.
I clearly think that you do have a superiority complex. Otherwise you won't be sensitve to my attacks.

you were, fiercly opposing an idea that an ENTJ might do - gasp - extroverted things. You were paranoid, your hatred misplaced and your opinions were unfounded.

where did I say that? I just think FDG is a fraud.