User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

well i think that human mind is actually formed from parts that are like different people in one mind. but are totally unaware of each others being like different people and that only one of them can be conscious at time and when they communicate with each other. the receiving part sees the info coming in as if it were generated by that particular part of self, instead of seeing the info as something that someone else said. and that the parts are able to go from conscious to unconscious and back to conscious so fast that its impossible to notice it, and sometimes one part might use more "conscious time" working on some particular thing than other parts. and that personality forms from how much conscious time you prefer to give to particular parts of the brain and naturally from your past experiences etc.
    so i think its fair to speak about different functions as if they were different persons(or different 'selves'), since those functions are basically areas of the brain(or group of brain regions) that tend to work together or form these functions when working together.

maybe the unconscious thinking/perceiving comes from not using some parts of the brain long enough or doing enough processing thinking in that thing thats being processed?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

To me, Ni's either a version of Dr Who, or a confused strategist during war.
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Talking in functions gives an instrument to talk about yourself and if you had troubles with that in the first place, now you have your chance.

Of course it can only be an instrument for so long, cause at some point you really have to understand yourself and not use functions as scapegoats to hide behind.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    well i think that human mind is actually formed from parts that are like different people in one mind. but are totally unaware of each others being like different people and that only one of them can be conscious at time and when they communicate with each other. the receiving part sees the info coming in as if it were generated by that particular part of self, instead of seeing the info as something that someone else said. and that the parts are able to go from conscious to unconscious and back to conscious so fast that its impossible to notice it, and sometimes one part might use more "conscious time" working on some particular thing than other parts. and that personality forms from how much conscious time you prefer to give to particular parts of the brain and naturally from your past experiences etc.
    so i think its fair to speak about different functions as if they were different persons(or different 'selves'), since those functions are basically areas of the brain(or group of brain regions) that tend to work together or form these functions when working together.

maybe the unconscious thinking/perceiving comes from not using some parts of the brain long enough or doing enough processing thinking in that thing thats being processed?
    Hmm, I had quite a similar idea some time ago, but on a greater scale: If you look at big bunches of people who identify with each other despise of great differences, like f.e. countrys, and what they do over a great period of time, the behaviour and the constellation of these bunches seem like that of single persons. So, if the "addition" of different minds can seem like one mind, maybe the minds themself are just additions?
    They say I only think in form of crunching numbers.....
    -Fall Out Boy