• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why do I fall in love with everyone?

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I just finished the book club book, Anathem, and by the end I was a little in love with 2 of the characters and sad to leave them behind. I'm currently traveling with a colleague who I've never really had any special affection for, and suddenly I'm seized with a deep affection for him (though not of a sexual nature). I think I'm in love with Mexican men as a whole. Also, fishermen/sailors/seamen-- the young ones, at least.

I love my husband and all of these feeling in no way affect my relationship with him-- what we have is calmer, but deeper, but my soul seems to crave infatuation as well.

I don't think I'd ever act on it, but it's annoying. Sigh... and yet wonderful....

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
maybe its simply that, you enjoy the feeling of infatuation...a lot... im sure its perfectly harmless as long as you have no interest to take it any further, heck, im infatuate with at least 20 people on this board, but have no interest in taking it beyond friendship with any of them...well, possibly one, someday...lol

Edit: although who knows, im single unlike you, maybe as i get to know them better, there will be more I will be interested in as more...

ultimawepun

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Step 1: Get a room
Step 2: Call hubby
Step 3: Screw like tornadoes

Problem solved.

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
Step 1: Get a room
Step 2: Call hubby
Step 3: Screw like tornadoes

Problem solved.

I thought that said tomatoes at first, and was very very confused, I was like "what are they supposed to do? make ketchup?"

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Attraction releases endorphins in your brain that make you happy, get you high. Feels good, man.

I do that, too. I get crushes on.... probably greater than 50% of the people I meet/talk to. But it usually doesn't take me long to get over it/find something about them that way turns me off to them.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Attraction releases endorphins in your brain that make you happy, get you high. Feels good, man.

I do that, too. I get crushes on.... probably greater than 50% of the people I meet/talk to. But it usually doesn't take me long to get over it/find something about them that way turns me off to them.

Right, that's exactly me too. And fictional characters are harmless. :laugh:

ultimawepun

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
I thought that said tomatoes at first, and was very very confused, I was like "what are they supposed to do? make ketchup?"

Kinkiness knows no bounds. Who knows? Sounds fun to me though.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
well, seeing as 50% of the female teenage american population is "in love" with edward cullen and/or jacob black, i don't think you are alone. ;)

i get little crushes on characters too. does anyone else read the phoenix requiem? jonas :wubbie:

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
well, seeing as 50% of the female teenage american population is "in love" with edward cullen and/or jacob black, i don't think you are alone. ;)

Oh god. At least I didn't fall in love with either of them. I'm on Team Neither, thankyouverymuch. :laugh:

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I still have a mad crush on Tobias from Animorphs, and I haven't read those books since the 5th grade.

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
haha, I should have mentioned earlier, I get crushes on book characters too, and get downright jealous a tiny tiny bit when they hook up with assholes... I get way to emotionally attached to the characters in the books I read...

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I totally relate to what you are saying. I think that infatuation is very similar to a drug addiction. We crave the "high." I only try to control it because I believe my husband deserves my undivided affection and also ( I admit) because I am not fond of making a fool out of myself.

T

ThatGirl

I'll never forget yelling at my Ex husband...

Mr. Darcy gets it! Why don't you!!!!!

:p