User Tag List

First 2345 Last

And if you ladies are drawn to complex, intelligent men who speak in metaphors that are multi-layered in meaning, in a society where any minor shift in body can impact on the meaning of the spoken words, consider Liaden men. They might not be the largest, brawniest men around but Wow, their resonance is to die for!

*searches galaxies to find these interstellar traders and explorers*

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I think this is a positive thing. You must have a strong ability to empathize with others, which is not a common ability in this world.
    I don't think empathizing has much to do with infatuation. At least not in my case.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Not sure it has any deeper meaning beyond crushing on characters who are written to be likeable, desirable, what have you. As well, with fantasy characters, the author is giving you insight into the character, their thoughts and emotions that in real life, you'll never get.

For myself, it's also safe to crush on fantasy characters where in real life, it happens so few and far apart. But that's my issue.

MBTI
    INTe

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I don't think empathizing has much to do with infatuation. At least not in my case.
    ditto.

I find it is much easier to empathize with people (even against myself) than it is to become infatuated with them.
    Peel off the napkin
    O my enemy.
    Do I terrify?

Smile

If we don't fall in love with a book, we will never understand it. We drink it in unconditionally. Then we digest the book, we ruminate, we ruminate on the book, thinking it over, feeling the contours. And then and only then we begin to criticize the book, we beome slightly irritated, we start to find out what is wrong with the book. And finally we fall out of love with the book. And then we are ready to move onto the next one.

Of course there are exceptions. And no matter how hard we try, there are some books we can't fall out of love with. These are our friends for life. Just like you.

MBTI
    INTe

Loving a book = loving its characters?

There have been books I've mourned parting with when it came to the end, usually not just because of the characters but the planet of the thing in its entirety.
    Peel off the napkin
    O my enemy.
    Do I terrify?

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    If we don't fall in love with a book, we will never understand it. We drink it in unconditionally. Then we digest the book, we ruminate, we ruminate on the book, thinking it over, feeling the contours. And then and only then we begin to criticize the book, we beome slightly irritated, we start to find out what is wrong with the book. And finally we fall out of love with the book. And then we are ready to move onto the next one.

Of course there are exceptions. And no matter how hard we try, there are some books we can't fall out of love with. These are our friends for life. Just like you.
    You might've plucked the words straight from my mouth.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I too fall in love (or something close to that level of attraction) with fictional characters, it's a normal method of powerful empathy, or a sign of high emotional intelligence. Stagne, is it just me, or does this seem really prevalent in F's?

Originally posted by Victor

This is perfection.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Perhaps it is the attraction to novelty? Even a fictional character may have further secrets to unwrap.

Default would a kid know about sex and romance, if no one ever told them

people are presentable. we all have their tricks, and make the most of them. and we aren't exactly liars, if we hide our weak points and bring out the strong ones. and these accomplishments takes ahold of our imaginations.
    watching a relationship turn romantic sours it for me, a fall from something better.
    as for me, i found that i can't fall for anyone. because they are imperfect or perfect. it would require me to trust them completely, and become vulnerable.

i don't believe i can do that. when i know, we are not perfect.

and i can't fall for a perfection, a god, because i'm unable relate to something all-good or all-evil. i can't find it plausible.

i know i am unable to enjoy anything, because i don't know how to let go.