A window to the soul

I don't have anyone on ignore.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

It is an internet forum. Unless someone is actively stalking/harassing/trolling you (in which case there would be moderator action anyway), I don't really see the use.

Everyone must face up to the fact that others may state views that you may consider inflammatory. (beyond controversial or disagreeable)
    But, in my case, I've never found anyone offensive enough to be placed on ignore. Maybe I'm too nice/forgiving?

MBTI
    INFP

I ignore people that have been consistently hostile to me to a degree that I wish not to put up with.

I've had people on my ignore list that I regard highly now.. the ignore period is a period of peace and recovery from the way they've made you feel, whether you feel that way due to your own inability to cope or because they really are as bad as you feel they are.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I've never used the ignore function nor do I plan on doing so in the future. If anything, I'm more interested in reading posts by members that bother me than I am in posts by ordinary members. It's like a type of titillation.
    Yep.

Especially at the point when they don't realize they're essentially arguing with themselves, which allows you to step outside for a few before finishing them off with a retort that shatters their night. You did me in, Internet.

I also agree with others who've mentioned how it helps to know the worst so you can isolate and identify whatever's in your own head.

thinking of you

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I don't use ignore, never have.

Not to say I don't ignore people, I do. I choose not to respond to them.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I don't use ignore, never have.

Not to say I don't ignore people, I do. I choose not to respond to them.
    Same for me. I probably don't get deeply involved in threads if they seem to be over-populated with people who annoy me. But that said, there aren't a lot of people who annoy me much on here, and only a very few who annoy me consistently.

I do like the quotation as the title of this thread, a lot. Sometimes I have wondered if I am that way with people who really succeed in hurting my feelings. I think my good opinion can be lost forever if you don't try to make things right with me, but if you really do, I'll probably soften up eventually...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

It's pretty funny when 1/2 the posts in a thread aren't viewable!

Glycerine

I have ignored people because of the environment they were creating for me. I struggle to deal with conflict in an effective manner. Highly combative and highly argumentative individuals stress me out but I don't bother putting people on ignore because the people that usually grate me end up getting banned if I just let things go their course (I have only reported 2-3 posts in my history here so I swear it isn't because I am report Nazi).

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I have ignored people because of the environment they were creating for me. I struggle to deal with conflict in an effective manner. Highly combative and highly argumentative individuals stress me out
    I don’t have anyone on ignore right now because I felt it was kinda useless. I couldn’t see their original post…but so often, following on the heals of the ‘hidden post’, was an individual that had quoted them…and so what the individual had written completely visible LOL.

It is so strange because I can actually handle the assholes and trolls (did I just steal that from Charlie Sheen?) far better than I can handle emotional manipulation, hypocrisy, self-importance, image management (not to mention ‘believing they are brilliant while proving over and over again they are a complete dumbass’).

I haven’t learned how to handle conflict either. My normal inclination is to verbally take the person out or, like I described to another individual on this forum, open up a can of Fi>Te. Doing so would make me feel much better but would disrupt the forum and/or make other people uncomfortable. So I have to ignore…(without using the ignore feature LOL).