User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I've been temporarily unsure in the past whether I was looking at my blog or elfinchilde's. Particularly when its the same people posting about the same things.
    I forgot you had a blog. You've been chasing elsewhere during the break, eh?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    I forgot you had a blog. You've been chasing elsewhere during the break, eh?

*watches as my ego leaps off the side of a cliff*
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    But the silly thing is, I can't write anything if I don't think anyone is going to read it, so the only way for me to vent private matters is to write them where everyone can see them.

That's what my modest blog is for.
    Anything that's too private for me to put there is something I can't write or speak of at all, because my mind has weird psychological caveats like that.
    Have the same caveat, actually... Quite a lot going on in my blog; but the really personal stuff, i keep it out; especially the things that hurt me. In that sense, my blog's like the living room of the house, so to speak. People can come in, have fun, kick back and relax, or have earnest discussions. But matters of privacy (a bedroom as an analogy, perhaps) are kept out. have deleted posts i made before, cos they were too private. In an way, an escape from pain and sadness in real life, i guess. am way less flighty and 'huggy' in real life.

I've been temporarily unsure in the past whether I was looking at my blog or elfinchilde's. Particularly when its the same people posting about the same things.
    eh. too much spring break, eh? who was it who allowed his brother, Sword, to go about gallivanting in his own blog? distant had it right, no way he's gonna read pages and pages of his bro courting some girl.

*watches as my ego leaps off the side of a cliff*
    Well gun slinger. We ladies can't help it if you're so easily forgettable.
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

MBTI
    infp

I like the veriety of blogs here, ranging from crazy to really serious, with all the different personalities and everything. I like how there is feedback, too.

I just started a blog. My intention is pretty much just to spit stuff -ideas and feelings, or whatever else. So far I only have one kind of sad reflection, but I also want to talk about some things that make me happy and some of my insane ideas I also hope to have some interesting conversations.

MBTI
    ESFJ

My weblog is a thoughtdump, a reference place, and a forum for feedback. I have had a presence on INTPCentral, NCentral, and MBTICentral, and though I do not post much anymore, it would be strange to leave completely. I am comfortable here, so I keep a weblog to record thoughts. I do not read other weblogs very often.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    GONE

I wonder how the new VBlogs will change the 'blogging landscape' I think immediately, more and different people will read your blog as there's a link under your avatar every time you post. I think this would make it too random and like regular blogging sites.

I like the unbroken format of my current blog. It's like a blank notebook except people can read it. My style of blogging is more stream of consciousness, there's no real them or goal other than a space for me to fill if I'm so inclined. Kinda like a 'thoughtdump' like Nocturne described.

In the past they have been more of a journal in the traditional sense, talking about stuff I do each day and projects and parties. I swear sometimes it was interesting. Except now I dont' really have a life in the traditional sense so there's no point in talking about the minutiae of being a recluse.

I like elfinchilde's room analogy -- and I hate the idea of people coming into my bedrom IRL. It's a mess. My mess!

I think the new format of the blogs will lend more of a parlour feel to blogs as a default. It breaks up the flow of the blog and kind of sets up each entry for comment, and in that way, changes the stream of thought and conversation.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

There is no reason we can't keep both types of blogs is there?

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    There is no reason we can't keep both types of blogs is there?
    I can think of several reasons. One of which is that multiple blog areas is confusing.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I like the unbroken format of my current blog. It's like a blank notebook except people can read it. My style of blogging is more stream of consciousness, there's no real them or goal other than a space for me to fill if I'm so inclined. Kinda like a 'thoughtdump' like Nocturne described.
    Yes, and that's why I am not switching mine despite liking some of the new features. My blog is a steady flow of longer passages, and people respond deeply to some of them, so shoving off their ideas into a dead-end thread (i.e., the comment line) just doesn't seem to be the right approach for how my blog works.

But if you're just doing short, chopped posts or daily tidbits that dont' need any real serious commentary that would naturally become part of the post in question, then it seems to work.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    But if you're just doing short, chopped posts or daily tidbits that dont' need any real serious commentary that would naturally become part of the post in question, then it seems to work.
    I disagree. I think it works even better for folks seeking serious commentary. Likewise, it gives the thread author the ability to delete the undesired posts, or simply keep the undesired members out of the blog altogether.

In the end, it's just a matter of personal preference, style, and technical choice. The new blogging area can work in the same exact manner as the old. In fact, it can work better because it's more then just a thread that's called a blog. . . it's an actual blogging program.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight