User Tag List

View Poll Results: do you want to run away?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, whatever! take me with you!

20 83.33%
  • no... I like my life just the way it is

1 4.17%
  • WTF, whatever... have you finally gone crazy?!

3 12.50%
First 4567 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    my mind usually lurks in the "fight or flight" corner waiting for something wrong to go down so that I can squirm my way out and run to something new... it looks like you've read my blog!
    Yes I do read your blog and what an interesting thing to to say! I usually spend my time making sure the things in my life are as solid as they can be so that if something goes wrong I'll be able to weather it out and last as long as I need too.

Still, I hope that in your pursuit of always being on guard for something wrong to happen that you don't inadvertently cause something to happen in order to justify your fears

and I have woken up in the morning on a lot of occasions and wondered "what the fuck did I do to deserve this? and when am I going to slip up and ruin everything?"
    This is not a good mindset to have Ms. Whatever. You are an incredibly awesome person and you do deserve the happiness you've managed to build with your man

I am afraid of me
    I know...

This is something I've noticed in a lot of ESTP women (and possibly the men too, I dunno): They've usually have gone and done so any things in their lives that, as they get older, they walk around with this great big bag of guilt for the mistakes they've made and the people they hurt and that sucks. I'm sure, much like my ESTP lady friends in real life, that you've done your time and that holding on to this guilt and shame is needless.

You're a much stronger and better person than you were back then. You'll be fine
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

hey chickens... wanna go on the amazing race as my partner?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

I would but, if it requires any athletic ability its best if i don't.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    Yes I do read your blog and what an interesting thing to to say! I usually spend my time making sure the things in my life are as solid as they can be so that if something goes wrong I'll be able to weather it out and last as long as I need too.

Still, I hope that in your pursuit of always being on guard for something wrong to happen that you don't inadvertently cause something to happen in order to justify your fears
    I try to keep a balance between fleeing and staking my claim anymore, but I always have my eye out for when I need to cut my losses and disappear... even when things are going fine and well. I envy your stability

This is not a good mindset to have Ms. Whatever. You are an incredibly awesome person and you do deserve the happiness you've managed to build with your man
    it's hard to remind yourself of that on a daily basis though... especially when people who you know, who you KNOW are better people than you are, are in worse situations

I know...

This is something I've noticed in a lot of ESTP women (and possibly the men too, I dunno): They've usually have gone and done so any things in their lives that, as they get older, they walk around with this great big bag of guilt for the mistakes they've made and the people they hurt and that sucks. I'm sure, much like my ESTP lady friends in real life, that you've done your time and that holding on to this guilt and shame is needless.

You're a much stronger and better person than you were back then. You'll be fine
    it's not that I need forgiveness really... it's that I KNOW what I'm capable of and therefore I don't trust myself. How do you get past that?

sometimes me running away seems like the best thing I can do for everyone else in a way
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I always have my eye out for when I need to cut my losses and disappear... even when things are going fine and well.
    That sounds... too familiar.

it's not that I need forgiveness really... it's that I KNOW what I'm capable of and therefore I don't trust myself. How do you get past that?

sometimes me running away seems like the best thing I can do for everyone else in a way
    I'll let you know as soon as I find out. I usually feel that people are better off without me, too. That's one reason why I'm so reluctant to keep in touch with people, or maintain friendships for very long.

But anyway... is that the reason you want to run away? I thought that you just wanted a new experience, I didn't think it was about guilt or not trusting yourself... no, you shouldn't run away because you feel guilty, but you also shouldn't feel guilty if you want to run away.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

there's a lot of reasons to run... one can have more than just one

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

Dude, are you a 7?

I feel like running away more often than not. I don't like being tied down at all, despite my happiness level.

I hate commitments for this reason.
    a cat is fine too

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I think it's about fear of stagnation. That you might lose the sensation of feeling "alive" if you don't go and do something that makes you feel that way.

So, whatever...where are we going?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I am a 7... who's involved with a 1w9. I adore him, but sometimes I would love to make him more 7ish as well... though he probably wishes that I'd be more 1ish from time to time as well

and feeling alive... I haven't done that really for a while

does attending a camel market in turkmenistan appeal to anyone?

MBTI
    yupp

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92gP2J0CUjc&feature=related"]si[/YOUTUBE]
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so