User Tag List

View Poll Results: do you want to run away?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, whatever! take me with you!

20 83.33%
  • no... I like my life just the way it is

1 4.17%
  • WTF, whatever... have you finally gone crazy?!

3 12.50%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I think, aside from major culture changes, location has very little to do with sameness. New v. different realtes more to the kinds of lifestyles and how you spend your mundane moments.

Why don't you shake up your mundane moments? Start coming up with a feasible gameplan where you can throw yourself into a new foreign situation where you have to adapt and grow and learn. Can you make your job part time while you try a new side job (that you've sold to your current employer as "career building skills I can bring back to the team here")?
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I don't exactly work a job that I can work part time... and I'm not sure what I'd do differently either somehow. I'm just remembering the joy of spending time somewhere completely different where everything was unfamiliar and nobody knew me... it was just a sense of freedom to have such a blank slate and I don't have that somehow and that makes me nervous
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Poser View Post
    So now I sometimes fantasize about those stories of people that go for a drive, have an accident and end up with total amnesia and live a new life for a few years before they are found.
    Sounds like me. From the facts I gathered, the last time I tried to run away, I ended up with my car out of gas, hiking down the road, only to be thrown in jail, then in a hospital. And before I ran out of a gas, I played chicken against the devil himself. If you see an old Chrysler LeBaron tailing you at night, down a lonely road, know that your soul will be tested.

I'm not sure about life altering though. My parents felt bad and bought me a playstation.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Your thread makes me think of these songs. I've always felt like these songs were about running or motion itself, not running from anything, just the act of running itself. Glorified, in an idealized musical form.

My mom says I like to travel because my father was a musician and she and my father were in seven of the United States early in her pregnancy with me.

At any rate, I believe in the myth of the American highway ...Jack Kerouac, diners, hippies, et al...I also love reading Henry Miller for that reason, except he liked to run all over the world, not just the country.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1U1YFWKP-U"]1[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R82OM5tzcrk"]2[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKMA22Hd7J8"]3[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyLhMgB_hcE"]4[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I'm not sure about life altering though. My parents felt bad and bought me a playstation.
    Well, did your life have a playstation before?

For me, the thought of running away is just when I feel overwhelmed and I know it is based out of a cowardice to make changes in my life that I can't take back. Or since this is MBTICentral, it is the "p". But I am so "p", I wouldn't actually ever be able to pull the trigger to run away either.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think it's cowardice to not be able to run when you actually want to. It also gave me the strength to get away from an unhealthy relationship. I feel brave compared to many people I've met who say things like, "Gosh I'd like to get away from here, but..." Then again, I don't have any children.

However, in the OPs case, I think it would be wise to consider other options, though, since she actually likes her partner and home.

MBTI
    INTP

I agree. For the OP, is it wanderlust? Everything is going well and you just want the excitement that comes when you are thrown into a new situation?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

it probably is a form of wanderlust that's been passed down patrilinially... that and the fact that most of what I read while growing up was about travel as well... I think I've doomed myself to a life of this
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Runnnn to somewhere warmm. it's worth it, not worth running away from.

whatever, you need to write a note to your Se:

Dear Se,

QUIT FUCKING WITH MY HEAD!

Love,
    whatever