Enneagram
    9w1

I'm going to say INFP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Well we know the suicide rate is unlikely to be perfectly even between all the 16 types. There are going to be some trends, however mild or significant.
    I have no problems with the stats but rather the conclusions drawn from them.

Assuming,
    a) Type ABCD kicks their own bucket more than other types
    b) Depressed people tend to kick their own bucket more than others (iffy as Morgan pointed out above)

It is too easy then to make a generalization like "Oh, then type ABCD must have a tendency to be depressed"
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

I would think that NFs would be more likely to attempt...but every NT I know has either suffered from depression or is currently struggling with such. Suicide is an 'out' for some of them, an out from their thoughts that can be crippling at time.

An INTJ I know is often consumed by their depression, and often talks of suicide. Although that person thinks of it as a pathetic act, I can tell that person longs for death. It's a horrible thing.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    iNtx

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Suicide Ideation and Personality Characteristics Among Gifted Adolescents — Gifted Child Quarterly

Abstract
    This study describes psychological characteristics of gifted adolescents. It also identifies the relationships between psychological personality types and suicide ideation. Participants in the study were 152 juniors enrolled in a public residential high school for academically gifted students. The Suicide Ideation Questionnaire, a 30-item self-report measure, was used to assess adolescent levels of suicide ideation. The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI; Myers, 1962), a widely used measure of psychological type that contrasts four dimensions of personality—extra-version (E)/introversion (I), sensing (S)/intuition (N), thinking (T)/feeling (F), and judging (J)/perceiving (P)—was used to determine personality types of the students.

The results indicated that gifted adolescents did not exhibit heightened rates of suicide ideation as compared to their nongifted peers. However, female students held higher levels of suicide ideation than male students. Female students exhibiting introversion-perceiving (IP) types held higher levels of suicide ideation than those with other types. There was a significant between-groups effect for the judging-perceiving analysis. Students identified as perceiving personality types held higher levels of suicide ideation than those with the judging personality type. Gender, judging/perceiving, and extraversion/introversion combined to reliably predict approximately 18% of the variance in suicide ideation in this sample.
    that's ideation, though. correct me if I'm mistaken, but aren't judging types more likely to actually follow though with plans? also, I've attempted suicide multiple times.. and I know it's one think to think about it, and a whole other things to actually attempt with sincerity.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I agree that any type is susceptible to seriously considering suicide, along with the variations of environments, health of a person, and expectations put upon them. However, those can affect any type differently as well as the same type.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Is there a type that is more inclined to be suicidal/commit suicide?

What about just depressed? Just a question out of curiosity.
    I don't know, but I'm sure rainy Seattle sure has plenty.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Thought about it.

Have the tools to do it (am a gun owner).

But ultimately, my life is too sweet to let anyone else try and live it!

Ginkgo

Even if one type was shown to commit suicide more often than the others by statistical evidence, that doesn't mean an individual of that type is more likely to commit suicide.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I recently read an article that claimed that depression is linked to thinking (philosophy) too much. Apparently people who are more "here and now," and don't think about the bigger issues, like the meaning of life tend to me more happy. So I would think that being an N would definitely predispose you to more depression.

Also, F's suffer more, I think. T's tend to say things that hurt the F's feelings.

So I would guess NF

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    I recently read an article that claimed that depression is linked to thinking (philosophy) too much. Apparently people who are more "here and now," and don't think about the bigger issues, like the meaning of life tend to me more happy. So I would think that being an N would definitely predispose you to more depression.

Also, F's suffer more, I think. T's tend to say things that hurt the F's feelings.

So I would guess NF
    They balance it out by doing less thinking, it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.