User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

^Bad ass research article, very interesting, thanks for posting that.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    I read in a book on MBTI dark sides(Games personality types play). that NF's are the most common type to commit suicide.

I also read on ennagramm, that type 4's, especially those with a 5 wing are the most likely to commit suicide.

This is not surprising.
    Yes, it seems better predicted by enneagram than MBTI.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    I read in a book on MBTI dark sides(Games personality types play). that NF's are the most common type to commit suicide.

I also read on ennagramm, that type 4's, especially those with a 5 wing are the most likely to commit suicide.

This is not surprising.
    No. No it's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I thought about it pretty deeply a few times

no legitimate reason, just being an angsty pizza-faced teen

deeply enough to be sent to a psychologist though

who ended up wanting to test me for ADD instead

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

I read a book on personality disorders that suggested that bipolar personality disorder is the most likely personality disorder to inflict self-harm / attempt suicide. Every personality disorder in the book seemed to map onto (negative forms of) particular MBTI types (e.g., those with narcissistic personality disorder sounded like unhealthy ESTJs, those with histrionic personality disorder sounded like unhealthy ESFJs, and those with avoidant personality disorder sounded like unhealthy INFJs, etc.) Bipolar personality disorder maps onto unhealthy INFPs. However, I don't know whether that means that unhealthy INFPs would be the most likely to commit suicide or rather the most likely to contemplate/attempt suicide.... Anyway, just a thought....

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Male INFPs I think. Or ESTPs doing it on impulse.

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Suicide Ideation and Personality Characteristics Among Gifted Adolescents — Gifted Child Quarterly

Abstract
    This study describes psychological characteristics of gifted adolescents. It also identifies the relationships between psychological personality types and suicide ideation. Participants in the study were 152 juniors enrolled in a public residential high school for academically gifted students. The Suicide Ideation Questionnaire, a 30-item self-report measure, was used to assess adolescent levels of suicide ideation. The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI; Myers, 1962), a widely used measure of psychological type that contrasts four dimensions of personality—extra-version (E)/introversion (I), sensing (S)/intuition (N), thinking (T)/feeling (F), and judging (J)/perceiving (P)—was used to determine personality types of the students.

The results indicated that gifted adolescents did not exhibit heightened rates of suicide ideation as compared to their nongifted peers. However, female students held higher levels of suicide ideation than male students. Female students exhibiting introversion-perceiving (IP) types held higher levels of suicide ideation than those with other types. There was a significant between-groups effect for the judging-perceiving analysis. Students identified as perceiving personality types held higher levels of suicide ideation than those with the judging personality type. Gender, judging/perceiving, and extraversion/introversion combined to reliably predict approximately 18% of the variance in suicide ideation in this sample.
    Interesting. I know females also get depressed more than males, but with actual suicide, males do it at a much higher rate.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Suicidal Thoughts?

I guess you could try searching the poll for a pattern, though realistically you'd have to account for the distribution of type that already exists on this forum while assessing those results. I honestly don't know if it would be of any use.

*shrug*
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Ginkgo

This thread is depressing.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Whichever type reads the most "which type is the most ____" threads.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Male INFPs I think. Or ESTPs doing it on impulse.
    ^I can see what you are saying here. There are different ways of expressing suicidal feelings, and the ultra-risk-taker is one type, rather than just the withdrawn dark brooding type. I also think the type that feels pressure to put up a perfect external front could deal with issues of inner despair.

It's just a personal theory, but I think the way in which problem-solving is introduced in developing children can affect a sense of despair in reaction to problems later in life. I've known naturally analytical types who were abused and presented with unsolvable problems early in life that can get really stuck and even suicidal when an emotional situation seems impossible to solve. They slip into that sense of complete hopelessness and powerlessness just like a child faced with overwhelming odds from an abuser.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.