• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Bright Side of the INTJ

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
That's coz you go elephant hunting, for gods sake. It's one thing to not have enough room coz there's an elephant in the way, it' s quite another to drag elephants into said room so you'll have an elephant to point at :alttongue:

2007-hunting_1456110i.jpg

Someone's got to keep the intellectual landscape clean.

I'm just thinning their numbers; it's like keeping a tidy house you know.

Those socks won't jump up and hit you in the face demanding to be washed.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's great hon, but do you have to stash the elephants in the room itself? Any chance we can go visit *them* on safari instead? Keeps the house tidy, and everyone, including the elephant comfortable :hug:

Same thing, I appreciate you washing the socks, but collect them in the hamper instead of having them jump up and hit me in the face before you wash them :alttongue:

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
That's great hon, but do you have to stash the elephants in the room itself? Any chance we can go visit *them* on safari instead? Keeps the house tidy, and everyone, including the elephant comfortable :hug:

Same thing, I appreciate you washing the socks, but collect them in the hamper instead of having them jump up and hit me in the face before you wash them :alttongue:

:shrug:

Every.. little... thing...

There's no pleasing some people. ;)

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bright side of an INTJ:
- Taking a brilliant theory and putting it into practice.
- You learn a lot from interacting with them.
- Free-thinking.
- Ask them for advice, and they help you to arrive at the answer on your own, with asking questions to get you from point A to point B.
- Organized, efficient, and willing to explore different methods to get the job done.
- Less emotional b.s. when they are feeling bad about something, they stick to finding a solution to the problem.
- Restrained and reserved polite nature.
- I've said it already, but the INTJ mind is fascinating.
- A latent romantic side that doesn't smother you.
- Creative ingenuity.
- Authentic display of emotions. They don't sugar coat.
- Won't be swayed into doing what others tell them unless they have enough evidence to back it up.

celesul

MBTI Type
ENTP
So, the Uni I go to has a lot of INTJs... I'm quite fond of them.

They can be surprisingly sweet and adorable :wub: (one of my INTJ friends recently asked me out, and things actually are going well :yay:. And he's super endearing, considerate, and sweet. I'm actually very surprised at how sweet he is acting).

They are generally honest. Some of them have learned to be more tactful. Regardless, they will tell you there honest opinion of you. This is handy for someone as socially oblivious as I am. It allows me to relax and give my Fe a bit of a break, because they'll tell me if I did something dumb and inconsiderate.

The ones I know are incredibly loyal. They will move the world for their friends. They also expect a lot of loyalty from their friends. Once betrayed, they won't forgive. However, short of betrayal of trust, they'll tolerate a lot. I can be a complete idiot and they'll be okay with that (and usually laugh at me :biggrin:).

I find them hilarious. ^_^ My INTJ friends and I are mutually entertained by each other, which works well.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
freaks between the sheets.* i appreciate technique + passion and the INTJ tosses in machine learning. :)

engaging, witty. absolutely adorable when caught off guard.

brows that rarely furrow. my face is a parade of emotions. INTJs can be working on a problem and their face is flat-lined. i find that hot.

when they love it is with a big-pawed, fuzzy innocence. and they have an informed touch (see below).

they make a careful study of people on both sides of the cage. which means we can have very Being John Malkovitchlike discussions.

their exoskeleton. duh.

*perhaps they've been inspired

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
brows that rarely furrow. my face is a parade of emotions. INTJs can be working on a problem and their face is flat-lined. i find that hot.

Mine definitely furrows his brows. His default/working expression probably looks angry. Sometimes he is. :smile: But I suppose it really depends on the nature of the problem. If he's highly annoyed with another party/player in what he's trying to do and trying to resolve, he'll definitely furrow....not so flat-lined. lol.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Mine definitely furrows his brows. His default/working expression probably looks angry. Sometimes he is. :smile: But I suppose it really depends on the nature of the problem. If he's highly annoyed with another party/player in what he's trying to do and trying to resolve, he'll definitely furrow....not so flat-lined. lol.

It varies from 'intense concentration' (frown) to 'observing' (neutral face)

Last edited:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It varies form 'intense concentration' (frown) to 'observing' (neutral face)

Yes, that sounds accurate. The 'intense concentration' = frown = might come across as angry is what I meant. ;)

Mostly... just wanted to say the brows definitely furrow. ha!!

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bright side of intjs - they like cats.

I don't.

It varies form 'intense concentration' (frown) to 'observing' (neutral face)

I get this a lot actually. My face doesn't change when I'm thinking, but people always seem to think I look pissed off. Guess I have to work better on my neutral face.

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
Bright side of an INTJ:
- Free-thinking.
- Ask them for advice, and they help you to arrive at the answer on your own, with asking questions to get you from point A to point B.
- Organized, efficient, and willing to explore different methods to get the job done.
- Less emotional b.s. when they are feeling bad about something, they stick to finding a solution to the problem.
- Creative ingenuity.
- Won't be swayed into doing what others tell them unless they have enough evidence to back it up.

That's lovely :D

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love INTJs!

COME HERE, MY LITTLE BALLS OF LOVE! FLOCK TO ME!

I love their intelligence, humor, and quietness! I love quiet/soft spoken guys.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
add another ENFP to the pile :laugh:

You know instantly where you stand. Blunt to a T. It's efficient, fast and saves you a lot of drama and paranoia! :static:

God yes. No pussy footing around, no 'is he just being polite to me and should I just get out of his way?', no worrying that they're afraid to tell you when something doesn't sit right with them and instead opt to leave the big ass elephant in the room. Such a relief.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

i hate not-open communication. it is the #1 source of angst in my life. consistently. i would rather just have someone tell me i am being a complete asshole and need to shut up. i can handle that. it's probably true, too. what i can't handle is suddenly getting the silent treatment when i have no idea what the hell i did. INTJs are open and direct.

and you know that because they don't fake shit, when they do something sweet for you, they do it because they really just like you.

also...
  • excellent teachers
  • brilliant, generally, in that sneaky Ni sort of way
  • progressive
  • are generally polite and kind to people but don't need them to agree
  • know what they want and how to go about getting it
  • fun to debate with them, bounce ideas off them
  • they usually dress up really nicely
  • yeah, they're just kinda cute in general
  • very stable and attentive when they care about you
  • and it's funny how some people see them as terrifying masterminds
  • i mean they are, but they're really cute terrifying masterminds

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Bright side of an INTJ:
- Free-thinking.
- Creative ingenuity.

An exactitude. :)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This is such a bullcrap salesman term; I hate when people use it to describe anything. If INTJs are 'progressive' regardless of what being 'progressive' entails imma changing type.

hahahah sorry

i suppose could have just said "they're NTs". what i meant to encapsulate was that INTJs in general do not put up with the "because that's the way it has always been" line of reasoning