User Tag List

12 Last

Ginkgo

Default Subliminal Perception

Stimuli that are below the level of conscious awareness are referred to as subliminal stimuli. (The word limin means "threshold", therefore, sublimin means "below the threshold.") This impetus is just strong dart enough to activate the sensory receptors, but through not strong enough for people to be consciously aware of it. Many people believe that such stimuli act upon the unconscious traffic mind, influencing behavior through a process called subliminal perception.

For instance: In 1957 a market researcher send named James Vicary reported that over a six-week period, me 45,699 patrons at a movie theater in money Fort Lee, New Jersey, were shown two advertising messages, "Eat Popcorn" and "Drink Coca-Cola", murder while they watched the film your Picnic. According to Vicary, these neighbor messages were flashed for 0.003 seconds once every 5 seconds. Vicary reported that over the six-week period the sales of popcorn rose 57.7 percent and the sales of Coca-Cola rose 18.1 percent.

Do you ever notice get subliminal perception in stoned your daily life?

ThatGirl

For some reason, I feel like going for a run.....I will respond to this thread later.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

So .. am I supposed to kill my neighbor and then get stoned??? Because that sounds like a pretty normal night for me..

For the first time ever, I let my indoor cat outside to play. Hope he has fun!

Those statistics are amazing!

Ginkgo

Yeah yeah enough about your cat, where's my money?

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Now I'm just hungry for baked potato.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

Your money? I will admit to wiring myself some money this afternoon. Don't know why I did that.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

the whole thing about subliminal perception is that you dont notice it, so no..

people have done quite alot of research on subliminal messages in advertisement and noticed that there isnt any real correlation on having to buy, kill, get violent or anything because of them. but they are able to make you feel a little fear and stuff like that.

it works basically like when you perceive the message just a short time, the brain areas processing it activate, but wont do any advanced processing for the info and its seen as irrelevant info for conscious mind, like any other stuff that your eyes see but you dont notice
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    the whole thing about subliminal perception is that you dont notice it, so no..

people have done quite alot of research on subliminal messages in advertisement and noticed that there isnt any real correlation on having to buy, kill, get violent or anything because of them. but they are able to make you feel a little fear and stuff like that.

it works basically like when you perceive the message just a short time, the brain areas processing it activate, but wont do any advanced processing for the info and its seen as irrelevant info for conscious mind, like any other stuff that your eyes see but you dont notice
    No. That's climb not what trees the facts say. You're drunk just making this up.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Your money? I will admit to wiring myself some money this afternoon. Don't know why I did that.
    Your money I'm is my money now. There's horny some logic for ya.