User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ... i have a really bad feeling this thread is going to be all about a bunch of T's posting and saying, "Yes, please share, we would like to assess what this means...!" and all the F's running for the hills...
    I think these are some pretty stupid questions, to be honest. Do you ever feel like your view of a situation is clouded by your personal feelings? Wtf? That happens to everyone, even the most extreme Ts that pretend they have no F (because they're so emotionally weak/immature/etc).
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Without reading everything here, there is something I want to put out there-

As a T type, I find myself rather inept at perceiving the value-related consequences of words and actions, either from myself and from others. I've become a bit more in tune with these over the years but it's still an imperfect process--like learning a foreign language and trying to speak it after 1 year of class, it's imperfect at best.

However I do notice sometimes that I find myself a bit restless, inexplicably irritable and seemingly distant from others, and this continues until at some point I either explode (accidentally tell someone off when I don't mean to, etc.) or slowly release it in an introspective manner. This might take place in the car while driving or on a walk somewhere, usually away from other people. I basically "let it all out," put myself down a train of thought which results in me exploring all kinds of inequalities and BS and stuff that's wrong in my life, both with me and others, and it's very cathartic. I believe this is where I let the F out of the closet.

MBTI
    INFP

Alright, this is going to be Take 2 for me, as I had a really long reply yesterday, and when I clicked 'post', it said I had to log in, and I ended up closing the window.. Here we go again:

When you talk about feelings/emotions, how do you experience them?
    I don't know about talking about emotions.. as I feel uncomfortable getting too deep into what I'm feeling.. but when I think about my feelings, or when I feel them, this is what happens:
    1. What am I feeling?
    2. Why am I feeling this way?
    3. How can I change the situation so that I do not feel this feeling anymore?
    And then I do that, and all is well. I rarely analyse good feelings.

Do you always go on your feelings?
    I definitely am always aware of how a situation is making me feel. Depending on the severity or the frequency of the offense of a person giving me negative feelings, I will ignore it or comment on it.

Do you feel that your emotions are "trustworthy"?
    Certainly. My emotions are valid indicators of the "rightness" of the world around me. If I am feeling negative all the time, something is wrong. I am doing something wrong by a)being in the situation b)acting a certain way in the situation or c)perceiving the situation incorrectly.

Do you ever feel like your view of a situation is clouded by your personal feelings?
    Certainly.

How does the feeling translate into action?
    Good feelings will translate into enthusiasm and creativity. Bad feelings translate into a lack of productivity and negative reaction to neutral happenings.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Alright, this is going to be Take 2 for me, as I had a really long reply yesterday, and when I clicked 'post', it said I had to log in, and I ended up closing the window.. Here we go again:

You're an ENFP now?? Oh, me so confused. But I don't particularly care which one you decide you are, to be honest!! (...just confused!)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I think these are some pretty stupid questions, to be honest. Do you ever feel like your view of a situation is clouded by your personal feelings? Wtf? That happens to everyone, even the most extreme Ts that pretend they have no F (because they're so emotionally weak/immature/etc).
    Then feel free not to answer them. The questions I asked were in the interest of learning, and I am. Others are learning, too, based on the responses given.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Man, you're rude. I can't believe anyone actually thinks/feels that way but I'll reconsider in this case.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    Man, you're rude. I can't believe anyone actually thinks/feels that way but I'll reconsider in this case.
    Hahaha. I'll restrain myself since this isn't INTPc.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Hahaha. I'll restrain myself since this isn't INTPc.
    That's why I'm over here.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    1) When you talk about feelings/emotions, how do you experience them?
    Depends whose emotions we're talking about. Depends how I'm feeling. Depends who I'm talking to. Depends whether I want to look all touchy-feely or not (if not, I'll try and use Ti instead of Fe to talk about the emotions, but if we talk about them for too long, Fe will kick back in sooner or later). So... Depends. Helpful, I know

2) Do you always go on your feelings?
    No, but I always take them into consideration. I can't help it, they just are there, always saying their side of the story.

Do you feel that your emotions are "trustworthy?"
    No, but I'm an iNtuitive before I'm a Feeler. For me, only Ni is trustworthy. Fe is a very valued assistant, but it has led me into dead-ends a few times too many for me to trust it blindly.

Do you ever feel like your view of a situation is clouded by your personal feelings?
    "Clouded"? That's Thinker's talk, man
    My view of a situation is not clouded by my feelings: it's coloured by it. Constantly. Feeling is always there.

3) How does the feeling translate into action?
    I can't help but care. I'm never neutral, emotion-wise. I can be conflicted or confused, but I never not react. Even if the reaction is to be bored out of my mind. And then I'll take various kinds of actions depending on those feelings and other considerations.

4) Anything else you feel like sharing. I'm just a T, so I'm not even sure how to word all this in F language.
    The idea that Seanan expressed, of just repressing an emotion when it comes up at an importune time, it's just so alien to me! I mean, I can *pretend* to repress an emotion, but my mind and I both know I'm just kidding myself and that emotion will re-surface sooner or later and I'll have to deal with it anyway, someday.

On the other hand, I can understand how Thinkers can do that, because I can do it with Thinking. If, say, a friend is sharing a heartache with me or something, and my Ti comes up and points out some discrepancies in the tale, I'll just tell it to shut up and get lost, because that's not what *matters* at the moment.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering
    The idea that Seanan expressed, of just repressing an emotion when it comes up at an importune time, it's just so alien to me! I mean, I can *pretend* to repress an emotion, but my mind and I both know I'm just kidding myself and that emotion will re-surface sooner or later and I'll have to deal with it anyway, someday.

On the other hand, I can understand how Thinkers can do that, because I can do it with Thinking. If, say, a friend is sharing a heartache with me or something, and my Ti comes up and points out some discrepancies in the tale, I'll just tell it to shut up and get lost, because that's not what *matters* at the moment.
    I had a friend that I never quite saw eye-to-eye with, because she couldn't accept that I wasn't suppressing emotions all the time--she felt things so strongly and paid so much attention to her feelings, that she thought that I must be the same internally, but just repressing. I began to feel like she was condescending to me a bit after a while, like she was always thinking she knew me better than I did, when really, she just knew herself. She wasn't a healthy person in general, though, and I'm not sure what her type was.

I can suppress thoughts, but it's difficult, and I usually end up feeling I have to explore them and see if there's any validity to them. It sounds like that's what you're doing with feelings. Interesting!