User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Fs write long posts.
    Erm...

Hide...
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Eri View Post
    Reading about this might give me nightmares, I don't know how you people do it.
    I agree. It scares me too.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    lol.. keep the sweater for all I care, just take it back.
    Truth! Other people's feelings can be so invasive.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    You always seem very respectful to my view point.
    Whew... thanks.

And cascademn... I appreciate and learn more from a long post.. especially on a subject like this.... thanks.

heart on fire

This thread giving me a very positive and happy sort of feeling.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    And cascademn... I appreciate and learn more from a long post.. especially on a subject like this.... thanks.
    Well, that's good...I'm rather embarassed by it at the moment.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Erm...

Hide...
    I agree with Seanan though, a long post is a great thing. You feelers have the ability to express your thoughts at great length, in great depth, with great accuracy and insight--something I have to consciously make an effort to do.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Well, that's good...I'm rather embarassed by it at the moment.
    Don't be:1377:

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    I agree with Seanan though, a long post is a great thing. You feelers have the ability to express your thoughts at great length, in great depth, with great accuracy and insight--something I have to consciously make an effort to do.

Agreed. I'm still processing yours, cascademn!

I'm loving that all of your responses are challenging what I had previously thought that F did. Yay for enlightenment!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    1) When you talk about feelings/emotions, how do you experience them?
    As a bit of an... impression. Almost as if part of my mind goes into the state spoken of. It's not as strong as if I were experiencing it myself, but it's still palpable... and can create serious pain if it's a highly negative emotion. As a result, I sometimes avoid people if their negative emotions are too strong or chaotic.
    2) Do you always go on your feelings? Do you feel that your emotions are "trustworthy?" Do you ever feel like your view of a situation is clouded by your personal feelings?
    Only in situations involving other people and/or their feelings, and not always then. Not at first (I'm not even sure I sense them at first), but as I measure my emotions against those of several others I trust and see how far off they are, they seem more reliable for that situation. No... it's almost like I have two views of a situation that are similar to "luma" and "chroma" in a video signal. I try to overlay them to get the whole picture, but if they don't seem to "match", I tend to rely on the "luma." I have been known to repeatedly ask for other people's emotional input to see if part of their "chroma" fits the "luma" better, to eventually get the whole picture. Does that make sense?
    3) How does the feeling translate into action?
    Mainly if I sense that another person needs something, and I have the ability to provide it without harming myself in some way, it results in empathy. This empathy inspires me to act in ways that I believe should improve the emotional state of the other person. Actually, I'm still likely to feel and express some sympathetic feelings even if I can't provide help, but that isn't technically action.
    4) Anything else you feel like sharing. I'm just a T, so I'm not even sure how to word all this in F language.
    I'm perceived as a bit cold at times, but I really think that's only by people who misunderstand my introversion and the difference in how I emotionally connect to people. But I'm perceived by more sensitive people as "tense" or "intense," which is more accurate regarding my typical state. I do frequently think about how things might affect my friends, generally. To a lesser extent, even acquaintances and strangers. My weakness is in understanding how passing situations and current stresses affect their typical demeanor. I'm too quick to respond based on my larger vision of who they are over a long period of time, and tend to be confused by the personality changes that occur in a shorter span, not knowing if it's a whole new personality, or just passing passion causing a reaction that makes no sense in context of what I know of the person. This really only happens with P's, because J's change slowly and obviously enough for me to register the change in demeanor.