User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

To throw out an overly-simplified definition of my opinion: Valuing people, emotions, and the interactions/activities that cause both to flourish.

There is still plenty of room for logic in this formulation. It just seems that logic doesn't necessarily fit into the formula all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INFP

Yep I agree with wedekit, but I use a lot of logic a whole lot it saves me from being extremely vengeful, if I followed my feelings 24/7 all hell would break loose in my house or school. I always take a step back if I'm feeling something and ask myself:
    "I'm "x"
    who: at someone or myself.
    what: (angry, disappointed, excited..etc)
    whenSince a month, a minute ago,today)
    why: (Depends, because I hoped to do better on a test, because I felt attacked.)
    It takes me very little time to understand why usually but at times I do this a bit after the emotion has toned down and a friend I trust is around so I can sort things out.
    I can't stand feeling a certain way and just accepting it, I need an explanation.
    I think emotions are reactions, you're not "just pissed".The cause can be tiny, like your ice-cream falling on the floor or a lack of sleep but to me emotions don't sprout of nowhere.(I just can't accepting not understanding why I feel a certain way)
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    What is it like to be a feeler?
    It's like ...

Gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight
    gonna grab some afternoon delight.
    My motto's always been; when it's right, it's right.
    Why wait until the middle of a cold dark night.
    When everything's a little clearer in the light of day.
    And you know the night is always gonna be there any way.

Sky rockets in flight. Afternoon delight. Afternoon delight.

Thinkin' of you's workin' up my appetite
    looking forward to a little afternoon delight.
    Rubbin' sticks and stones together makes the sparks ingite
    and the thought of rubbin' you is getting so exciting.

Started out this morning feeling so polite
    I always though a fish could not be caught who wouldn't bite
    But you've got some bait a waitin' and I think I might try nibbling
    a little afternoon delight.

Please be waiting for me baby when I come around.
    We could make a lot of lovin' 'for the sun goes down.

A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    INTP

I cop feels all the time.

It's just how I roll.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by reason View Post
    It's like ...

Gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight
    gonna grab some afternoon delight.
    My motto's always been; when it's right, it's right.
    Why wait until the middle of a cold dark night.
    When everything's a little clearer in the light of day.
    And you know the night is always gonna be there any way.

Thinkin' of you's workin' up my appetite
    looking forward to a little afternoon delight.
    Rubbin' sticks and stones together makes the sparks ingite
    and the thought of rubbin' you is getting so exciting.

Started out this morning feeling so polite
    I always though a fish could not be caught who wouldn't bite
    But you've got some bait a waitin' and I think I might try nibbling
    a little afternoon delight.

Please be waiting for me baby when I come around.
    We could make a lot of lovin' 'for the sun goes down.

Oh, wow. I always knew that was an atrocious song, but I didn't know the extent of the atrocity until I actually READ the lyrics.

MBTI
    INTP

I've actually never really heard that song.

I only briefly heard it in Good Will Hunting, is it really popular or something?

I'm remarkably incompetent when it comes to American pop culture. I have an excuse though!
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    I've actually never really heard that song.

I only briefly heard it in Good Will Hunting, is it really popular or something?

I'm remarkably incompetent when it comes to American pop culture. I have an excuse though!
    It was a big hit in the 70s, for some reason. There's no real reason for you to seek it out. Unless you want it in your head for the rest of the year.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

1) When you talk about feelings/emotions, how do you experience them?

Depends on the emotion. Passion I experience like my heart is a bursting vulcano pouring over with no way to stop it. Fear and anxiety is the equivalent of sitting in a dark, icy cold room with no sleep for three days and no way out, nor any idea on how long you will have to be there. Lust is experienced as if someone is touching me in the most pleasurable way right then, right there. It's why anticipation and flirting is just about as good as the real stuff, for me anyways. I absolutely love my emotions, the good and the bad, as they make me feel alive.

2) Do you always go on your feelings? Do you feel that your emotions are "trustworthy?"
    Yes, and yes, unless I am already biased from another situation or inner fear. Then the emotional balance wasn't in neutral gear, and things can get blown out of proportion.

Do you ever feel like your view of a situation is clouded by your personal feelings?

Yes. Unfortunately, I need to first digest those emotions, before I can get to that conclusion. I dunno what the others said about this, but I do not have a choice when it comes to feelings. A situation arrises, and my emotions react faster than my thoughts. That sense will give me an initial response on the situation to work with. Once I've dealt with the emotion, I use T to start picking it apart in order to understand it, and validate the next course of action already decided by my emotions. If they do not match up, I will actually close my eyes, ask which way to go and whichever option gets my gut to react will become my next action. In this, I take into account both T and F

3) How does the feeling translate into action?

See answer above

4) Anything else you feel like sharing. I'm just a T, so I'm not even sure how to word all this in F language.

Grin, too much to name. Feel free to process above info first and come back with more questions
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

1) When you talk about feelings/emotions, how do you experience them?
    If I don't block them out when talking about them: I feel emotions strongly, they aren't something reaching out from the back of my mind, but something that responds immediately, present. They mold and echoe.. I'm very aware of them and can trace them back through long though patterns and why some emotion is present. I grasp emotions from others too, it's like background noise. Some stronger than others and some horrid. that make we want to back away. I adapt to those noices too, but I sometimes hate that I nearly take it as my own feeling. I can perceive my environment through the emotions it evokes in me and naturally evaluate things through it. Etc.. In those situations I may not feel much, but still. Emotion is evaluating also, assisted by thinking probably.
    How do I experience feelings/emotions? Eh.. This certain intensity, always present. In different form but present. Not that I show my emotions much to the ouside world.

Sadness is this feeling of sorrow and grief from the bottom of my heart, it grips and doesn't let go. Like standing in an ice cold rain with your clothes soaked. Depression can feel like a huge black cloud surrounding me and suffocating. Passion makes me energized, like a zapp from somewhere through my veins and making me ache to do something. Burning and consuming, this warmth fills me. It's a good feeling. And so on.

2) Do you always go on your feelings? Do you feel that your emotions are "trustworthy?" Do you ever feel like your view of a situation is clouded by your personal feelings?
    My feelings are trustworthy; they are steady, stable, and there's no need to doubt, they are sure. So yes, they are trustworthy to me, more so than my thinking, which is constantly under doubt and speculation. Argh, I don't know how to explain. I feel my feelings are trustworthy, they are my feelings after all. I know my values and what I need to do etc. through them. I don't always take them as they come, but still. I don't always go on my feelings. Nope. And I don't really feel like emotions cloud my vision in normal situations, offcource a really strong emotional reacton can be hinderence, but it can be pushed back. But I don't see them as clouding my vision. If not through the feel then how would I even get a vision of things? Sure my thoughts are chiming in always, but no. My thoughts don't always remember what is important, they misslead, like thinking. I could use my intuition for that though. I'm just not sure how Ni is used, the hunches that I get?

3) How does the feeling translate into action? I may act on it now or later. Choose a way. I don't really know what I'm supposed to answer.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

wretched
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison