User Tag List

First 12

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yeah... being an 8 in a low rung job sucks monkeys bad enough, but I think it might be worse still being a 7w8 cos well, maybe 8 has the focus to grit his teeth until he works his way up, but the 7w8 just like, is gonna wet the rug if he doesn't get to give this brilliant idea to the boss like right NOW, and get all these great changes and improvements put in place and like, why do I have to do everything by the rules dammit, and keep following these schmucks when I could do it way better??
    Ahh I have no problem with that, I'll call it quits when I've paid my bills and never utter the name of the company again I'm hope it doesn't come as a big disappointment that I were telling all kinds of stories about my "commitment" I'm really relying for other jobs for future income.

One thing is true, I would be relaxed in a job of help desk technician (the one I applied to), cos I think it's easy and fun, and I get to work with people. I think I'd just tune in to the moment and enjoy it while it lasts. It also isn't completely dead end job, I did similar kind of job a year ago and it helped to prove my general IT skills
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

yeah I guess so. I'm the same in that I stare with incomprehension at managers who actually take minimum wage people on 'team building' seminars and ask them questions about why and how they can 'care' for the company... I'm thinking y'know, like AS IF I give a rat's ass about this company, you don't pay me enough or treat me well enough to see it as anything other than a glorified cashpoint!! As if ANYONE is going to be 'committed' to a minimum wage job! Like we lie in our beds at night thinking "One day I dream of getting my ten years' long service badge for pizza delivery!"

Help desk can be alright, but I find it stressful when targets are put into the bargain. Like you have to respond to N people per day and spend N minutes per call and that kinda stuff, it gets very restrictive and you can't just do your job your way.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTj

Are you sure that your confidence is not coming across as arrogance? They always suggest that you show confidence during interviews, so something isn't computing here.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Are you sure that your confidence is not coming across as arrogance? They always suggest that you show confidence during interviews, so something isn't computing here.
    After all this talk I'm sure it is. I already asked my friend to do a mock interview with me and to observe my behavior. I'm sure something like that comes up, and I'll get factual feedback to use for my improvement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    yeah I guess so. I'm the same in that I stare with incomprehension at managers who actually take minimum wage people on 'team building' seminars and ask them questions about why and how they can 'care' for the company... I'm thinking y'know, like AS IF I give a rat's ass about this company, you don't pay me enough or treat me well enough to see it as anything other than a glorified cashpoint!! As if ANYONE is going to be 'committed' to a minimum wage job! Like we lie in our beds at night thinking "One day I dream of getting my ten years' long service badge for pizza delivery!"
    Yep, some atmosphere building strategies are just pitiful. The corporate world is complex, and the working world in general.. in many levels, people are being kept content of their situation by the power of their beliefs. A person believing in their career advancement opportunities is a productive, quite possibly reliable worker. Cursed be those who uncover the reality

Having had an advanced position or a certain type of education is a give-away that the person is already familiar with the kind of management methods used in the company.

If someone knows his hopes are being held up with a "method", that's bye bye for the illusion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

Whoa.

I don't have anything to add, but I relate to this totally. I thought I was the only one with this problem..? Wow. Cool.

I've found it's often too my benefit on high-intensity interviews like college admissions and whatnot, but many employers can't seem to handle me.

Good luck, Santtu! And if you figure this out, let me know!
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London