First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

"INTJs are normally boringly responsible individuals."

"Try to learn about the individual in several areas. Learn his/her history, this is especially important in making a "diagnosis". You may want to ask for help from your psychologist or an ENFP. An ENFP is brilliantly perceptive and will spot a phony a mile off. Unfortunately, she will then fall in love and try to rescue him."

ladies and gentlemen, i think we have our verdict.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by agentfurrina View Post
    OMG, its like that article is talking directly about your situation O.O thats rather interesting...

Banned

now i'm getting worried. why have so many people privately commented (i'm talking 6+) that he:
    - sounds like a sociopath
    - sounds like a psychopath
    - reminds a few of you of various rapists, murderers, child molesters with whom you have somehow had direct or indirect contact*
    Well to be honest these people need to get out more if they are surrealist enough to seriously consider even issuing such slanderous ideas about someone - especially someone who they haven't met.

I've seen that article before. The worrying aspect regarding the article is that the it says Part 1 in the web address, but the article title says Part 2.... *flies away into Ni-Te land! Weeee......*

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

The important aspect here Agentfurrina what does your intuition say? Do you have a feeling of comfort or discomfort when talking to him? Is there something that tells you to pay attention to his behaviour and then your heart overrides this in favour of the attraction? If your gut says there is something wrong about him then there is something wrong about him otherwise you wouldn't want clarification on his behaviour and how your being.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

my intuition says there is something missing or broken in his moral framework, but that a professional might be able to help. in this case, i'd do my best to be a platonic source of support.

or, that he is a sociopath. in which case, i quietly slip the fuck away.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

my intuition says there is something missing or broken in his moral framework, but that a professional might be able to help. in this case, i'd do my best to be a platonic source of support.

or, that he is a sociopath. in which case, i quietly slip the fuck away.
    Considering both possibilities you list, could lead to a potentially dangerous situation... I think your intuition has answered some important questions...I cant pretend to know whats best in this situation, My heart wants to tell you to help him out, be his friend and try and help him through it as he seeks professional help... But my mind tells me that this is an extremely dangerous situation, that you should only go into if you are willing to risk everything on the off chance that you may be able to provide a little more help than a professional can... I have mixed feelings myself on this now,hahaha... as it is, im not sure how you could help him at all if either of the above possibilities are correct...i dunno...

MBTI
    INTJ

You want to be gigantically careful of such a diagnosis. Be especially careful to avoid making diagnoses that mean, in effect, "that guy's just not being ALL THE ISTJ HE COULD BE."

Make a list of the missing or broken parts. If it all adds up to "doesn't pay adequate attention to the facts of the past", then you're setting yourself up with really obvious unconscious tells about what you want, and from that the sociopath's gonna git ya.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    You want to be gigantically careful of such a diagnosis. Be especially careful to avoid making diagnoses that mean, in effect, "that guy's just not being ALL THE ISTJ HE COULD BE."

Make a list of the missing or broken parts. If it all adds up to "doesn't pay adequate attention to the facts of the past", then you're setting yourself up with really obvious unconscious tells about what you want, and from that the sociopath's gonna git ya.
    I know that if someone was so unpleasantly presumptuous as to approach me with either the idea of 'you need psychological help; I will support you' or the thought 'potential sociopath' I would not want them around at all, I would purposely blacklist them from my life entirely. It's a shockingly manipulative belief that you will be 'good enough a person' to support 'fixing' a person who hasn't actually done anything technically wrong other than not acting exactly by a non-agreed upon set of ethics in their own head and they obviously aren't balanced enough to weight up their experiences of me in a sensible way and are therefore prejudice.

In fact considering that they would even potentially consider me a sociopath -based upon some internet links as well.. - I would just assume this individual is dangerously unbalanced firstly to jump to that assessment. Moreover, they are so unbalanced that despite thinking this it would seem that they aren't capable of walking away, therefore removing them entirely from my life is for 'their own good' in 'their opinion'.

No cigar and a dangerous and degrading set of opinions. This is not the kind of individual I would want to have as a friend.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I know that if someone was so unpleasantly presumptuous as to approach me with either the idea of 'you need psychological help; I will support you' or the thought 'potential sociopath' I would not want them around at all, I would purposely blacklist them from my life entirely. It's a shockingly manipulative belief that you will be 'good enough a person' to support 'fixing' a person who hasn't actually done anything technically wrong other than not acting exactly by a non-agreed upon set of ethics in their own head and they obviously aren't balanced enough to weight up their experiences of me in a sensible way and are therefore prejudice.

In fact considering that they would even potentially consider me a sociopath -based upon some internet links as well.. - I would just assume this individual is dangerously unbalanced firstly to jump to that assessment. Moreover, they are so unbalanced that despite thinking this it would seem that they aren't capable of walking away, therefore removing them entirely from my life is for 'their own good' in 'their opinion'.

No cigar and a dangerous and degrading set of opinions. This is not the kind of individual I would want to have as a friend.
    LOL, Jim, did you just say any girlfriend who thinks you might be a sociopath had it coming?

Technically, I suppose I agree.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    LOL, Jim, did you just say any girlfriend who thinks you might be a sociopath had it coming?

Technically, I suppose I agree.
    I might have done... although I generally avoid people with delusions of magically psychoanalysis and mind reading abilities as a matter of course... don't want to subsidise behaving on hearsay rather than based upon empirical experiences. I find it is always a technically robust doctrine.