User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I think INTJs and INFJs get along the best one-on-one. The INTJ will tend to embarrass the INFJ with their bluntness, and the INFJ will tend to annoy the INTJ with their tendency to... do whatever it was you said we do. But if we're not in a group, it's not a factor.
    Completely true. I never did like groups anyway.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I know that if someone was so unpleasantly presumptuous as to approach me with either the idea of 'you need psychological help; I will support you' or the thought 'potential sociopath' I would not want them around at all, I would purposely blacklist them from my life entirely. It's a shockingly manipulative belief that you will be 'good enough a person' to support 'fixing' a person who hasn't actually done anything technically wrong other than not acting exactly by a non-agreed upon set of ethics in their own head and they obviously aren't balanced enough to weight up their experiences of me in a sensible way and are therefore prejudice.

In fact considering that they would even potentially consider me a sociopath -based upon some internet links as well.. - I would just assume this individual is dangerously unbalanced firstly to jump to that assessment. Moreover, they are so unbalanced that despite thinking this it would seem that they aren't capable of walking away, therefore removing them entirely from my life is for 'their own good' in 'their opinion'.

No cigar and a dangerous and degrading set of opinions. This is not the kind of individual I would want to have as a friend.
    he has admitted he's considered seeking psychological help specific to how he was handling us. that's probably an important fact here. he told me that he was considering seeing a therapist about 2 months after he met me.

given that, i absolutely stand by my interest in remaining a friend to him if he does seek professional help. would a loyal friend walk away from someone in that circumstance? not in my world.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by agentfurrina View Post
    he has admitted he's considered seeking psychological help specific to how he was handling us. that's probably an important fact here. he told me that he was considering seeing a therapist about 2 months after he met me.

given that, i absolutely stand by my interest in remaining a friend to him if he does seek professional help. would a loyal friend walk away from someone in that circumstance? not in my world.
    That makes sense if he chooses to do that; I was saying I wouldn't be comfortable in having friends who are essentially attempting to change who I am to match their own standards is all.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Well, I think that if a lie will hurt less than the truth, and doesn't benefit the person telling it, it's okay to lie. What I have a problem with is the way INTJs (apparently) lie and manipulate in order to benefit themselves at the expense of other people. I've done just the opposite before... tell a lie that benefits other people, at my own expense. For instance, I've known that something was someone else's fault before, and lied in order to take the blame for the mistake.I think it's important to draw a distinction between the kinds of lies that are wrong, and the kind that are good.
    I do this alot.

To support this, my INTJ dad used to blame alot on me growing up for his benefit. Much of which I never found out until a later points in time. I dont really trust anyone when it comes to lieing anyway. See it way to much to consider actually trusting anyone. Its just a matter of how much do I trust you not to lie. In a world of lieing all you can do is look out for yourself and perpetrate the lieing circle. Its so much funner to tell the truth though...especially when it comes to people who are lieing.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

He may also be telling you exactly what you want to hear too.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I have been following this thread with interest. I, too, will carefully select which information to give people and how to convey it, in order to achieve my goals. I generally avoid outright lying, but will certainly omit information, and package it for best effect. The more established my relationship with someone, the more forthright I will be, since the other person is more likely to get the bigger picture and take offense, which can be quite counterproductive. These informational tactics work very well for infrequent or casual encounters, e.g. dealing with govt bureaucrats, or (as someone said) getting people to leave me alone without delving into more meaningful explanations.

My one piece of gratuitous advice for Agent furrina is to understand quite well what the worst case scenario is for the situation you are in, and to be completely prepared for it. If you cannot do this, then stay away.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I have been following this thread with interest. I, too, will carefully select which information to give people and how to convey it, in order to achieve my goals. I generally avoid outright lying, but will certainly omit information, and package it for best effect. The more established my relationship with someone, the more forthright I will be, since the other person is more likely to get the bigger picture and take offense, which can be quite counterproductive. These informational tactics work very well for infrequent or casual encounters, e.g. dealing with govt bureaucrats, or (as someone said) getting people to leave me alone without delving into more meaningful explanations.

My one piece of gratuitous advice for Agent furrina is to understand quite well what the worst case scenario is for the situation you are in, and to be completely prepared for it. If you cannot do this, then stay away.
    well, i've told him that i no longer want a relationship with him (which immediately prompted him to invite me to spend a romantic weekend with him). i feel somewhat sorry for him, which amuses me as I don't think he would actually care. or, if he did, he'd dismiss it or rationalize it away.

i think he's incapable of true intimacy. at least, the kind i'd like to have with someone.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

Johari.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I have been following this thread with interest. I, too, will carefully select which information to give people and how to convey it, in order to achieve my goals. I generally avoid outright lying, but will certainly omit information, and package it for best effect. The more established my relationship with someone, the more forthright I will be, since the other person is more likely to get the bigger picture and take offense, which can be quite counterproductive.
    how would you react if someone you like/respect (or have told you do ) were to tell you he/she sees through those tactics and finds it hard to have a friendship as a result? not in a rude or judgmental way, just matter of fact?
    ~ Catherine the Great

Johari.

MBTI
    INTJ

how would you react if someone you like/respect (or have told you do ) were to tell you he/she sees through those tactics and finds it hard to have a friendship as a result? not in a rude or judgmental way, just matter of fact?
    No one sees through the tactics. Ever. There is no through to see. There is only other people choosing different imperatives and perspectives.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    No one sees through the tactics. Ever. There is no through to see. There is only other people choosing different imperatives and perspectives.
    True enough. I usually don't refer to it as tactics, but walls. Walls I can see through and make up the behavior.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”