User Tag List

123 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default What do people say of you?

I'm interested of what kind of comments people have directed at us, regarding our behavior and personality. Only Real Life comments we didn't specifically ask for, for this thread.

It's an interesting addition to the kind of feedback we actively seek from each other, and the kind of feedback we get from standardized tests. I'll start. I remember last 4 occasions when my general behavior was commented on.

This is supposed to be somewhat serious thread, with the purpose to find how the comments received correlate to type, and why the particular things were said and other were not.

-I was said to be a "funster" or a "jokester", no exact translation available.
    -I said being "somewhat" extraverted, being seriously doubted about the "somewhat" part in return.
    -I was said to be a good speaker (the finnish word for that meaning speaking as in conversation or anywhere)
    -I was said to have an accurate insight into a person's character
    Last edited by UnitOfPopulation; 03-11-2008 at 09:18 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

Does it only count on this forum?

The last time somebody characterised me they said I was like Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka in that I'm a nice guy but that I can get away with saying horrible, nasty things to people.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I'm asking for characterizations from the REAL WORLD please, no forum comments thank you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

People say all kinds of odd things that don't resonate with me. It may just be the way of things for introverts- we're often difficult to get to know.

I hear a lot about how patient I am (I might seem that way because I am outwardly calm most of the time but I'm frequently a bundle of nerves on the inside). That's the one that comes to mind first.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFJ

I went to college and was told by older students that I was very well-spoken. I was surprised and took it as a great compliment.

MBTI
    INTJ

People have said they admire me for my honesty.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    People say all kinds of odd things that don't resonate with me. It may just be the way of things for introverts- we're often difficult to get to know.

I hear a lot about how patient I am (I might seem that way because I am outwardly calm most of the time but I'm frequently a bundle of nerves on the inside). That's the one that comes to mind first.
    Why do you think the people said those things? Hasty generalization?

Do you value such comments made on your outward appearance?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

My therapist told me that, the day I first went, she got the feeling first that I was a very safe and very kind individual.

Within a session or two, she also realized I was very smart.

Usually it is things like that: Quiet, friendly, safe, funny, smart/perceptive, creative, kind. Negatively, I think I have been called (at different times) aloof, socially clumsy, goofy, distant, uninvolved, and passive.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

All sorts of things. Really, literally, I think I've been called just about everything. Well, obviously not EVERYTHING, but so many things, some conflicting with others, all equally true and yet false... I guess that's the price of being a changeling Biggest compliment I got was when someone likened me to St Thomas More ("a man for all seasons"), referencing exactly this changeability that leads to being called everything under the sun!

Whatever I get called though, I usually don't take it personally... it's just that person's response to the 'me' that I'm presenting at that time. Anytime I could change it to a different presentation, play myself on a different wavelength and they'd respond differently. So... *shrug*

On my blog I have a list that I update every week, of the things I've been called that week, which often illustrates this point.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

INTJ

*grade 8 gym class my teacher said, "Usehername, I can recognize you far down the hall by the way you walk. You never look like you know where you're going." (She genuinely meant it as a compliment, though, when I asked. Because she meant I was a dreamer.)
    *I have a great imagination (junior high teacher, also a high school English teacher)
    *You're friends with every crowd because you know how to find a way to relate to anyone
    *You're a grade-A schemer (biology teacher in whose class I regularly concocted plans and she liked me anyway because we got along so well)
    *You can say the most inappropriate things and people will never be offended or mad because you're socially inept and it comes across as endearing. (I like to think of it as my NiTeNe supercombo although this was in high school and I've since improved my social skills)
    *I write great and thoughtful personal letters
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis