User Tag List

First 34567 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Biggest compliment I got was when someone likened me to St Thomas More ("a man for all seasons"), referencing exactly this changeability that leads to being called everything under the sun!
    heh I was called a "renaissance man" and I took the label with pride No matter if she continued to convince me of the necessities of specialization Actually, I continued to remember the compliment and think of myself as such for perhaps 3 months or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    On my blog I have a list that I update every week, of the things I've been called that week, which often illustrates this point.
    Yes I see .. lol, people should start thinking what you are and what they see, lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

yeah actually I've had "renaissance man" myself as well, a few times. I kinda like it, but I'm not really vain enough, deep down, to buy it; I know it's just a polite way of saying "jack of all trades, master of none"!! It is my dream though to truly master something, someday. Some people think I already have but that's only cos most people don't really take the trouble to learn things outside of their sphere of experience or necessity at all, whilst I do all the time and have over the years accumulated a deep enough knowledge on a wide enough variety of subjects to be able to convince the average Joe that I'm like, an expert or something. But I know it's hollow really, and if I was put up against a REAL expert, I'd totally flounder. Except maybe I wouldn't, I'd bluff my way through haha... but point being that I know my place, and that's NOT up there with the real experts!!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Mainly, I get told that seem somewhat formal and tense, if I'm noticed at all. People who work with me in groups tell me I'm "smart" repeatedly if I try to ask them for their input, and then proceed to leave me with all or most of the work.
    That's heavy.. so they don't bother to think it at the level comfortable with you, and prefer to skip it all together.

I'm having an inverted situation with my current teammate in my latest job.. He's done the job for 3 years, and even tho we've both done the same kind of education and held same kind of jobs, I feel I can't be of much use to him in all times.

Some kind of jobs would take 3 times as long for me as they would take for him. If I were to work with him on THOSE subtasks, uhh.. I would appreciate the attempt, but I'm afraid to do so because of perceived inconvenience.

He's a nice person tho, but I don't find it nice to disturb his workflow in tasks he clearly does better. I should step up and ask to do some of the jobs anyway, if the company wants me to learn everything
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

heart on fire

Positive: funny, imaginative, three dimensional thinker, easy to talk to,

Negative:

"Pay ATTENTION!"

"Don't you CARE about ANYTHING?"

"Are you listening?"

"You are too quiet."

"You cut people with your eyes."

MBTI
    ENTJ

Latest addition, people repeatedly say liking to hear my voice, and one person (a 12-year old Elvis fan) said I sound like Elvis. This is funny and flattering

On the negative side, I was repeatedly asked whether I'm really what I appear, if I'm really what I seem like. This made me somewhat uncomfortable, as I had been my genuine self, or one version of it. I had been joking a lot, which is an act of course, but I had done so without any intentions whatsoever except to enjoy my time and give fun time for everyone else.

I explained that I appear different in different moods, but none of them are fake. I still felt a bit sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I'm interested of what kind of comments people have directed at us, regarding our behavior and personality. Only Real Life comments we didn't specifically ask for, for this thread.

It's an interesting addition to the kind of feedback we actively seek from each other, and the kind of feedback we get from standardized tests. I'll start. I remember last 4 occasions when my general behavior was commented on.

This is supposed to be somewhat serious thread, with the purpose to find how the comments received correlate to type, and why the particular things were said and other were not.

-I was said to be a "funster" or a "jokester", no exact translation available.
    -I said being "somewhat" extraverted, being seriously doubted about the "somewhat" part in return.
    -I was said to be a good speaker (the finnish word for that meaning speaking as in conversation or anywhere)
    -I was said to have an accurate insight into a person's character
    What you say of people does matter.
    What people say of you does not matter.
    It is their concern.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

People say I'm crazy doing what I'm doing. They give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin. When I say that Im o.k. well they look at me kind of strange. Surely you're not happy now you no longer play the game.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    yupp

From strangers/people not friends in real life

I'm either cold and creepy
    or
    sweet and quiet.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I asked my friend of twenty years to ascribe four adjectives. They were "introspective, speculative, idealistic and serious." Slightly preoccupied with the turning in of my MBTI badge, I turned us to a mutual friend, an unmistakable take-charge ENTJ/ESTP; for whom we were long-stuck on "cocky." I gave my friend "stable, pragmatic, stoic and sportsmanlike." He demurred, so I switched one to "virile" and another to "muscled." A fun exercise.

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I've gotten quite a laundry list

Harsh/Intimidating; I get this on an uncommon, but repetitive basis

A lot of people have no idea that I'm actually smarter than your average cement mixer, and act quite suprised when the learn this. (I suppose because I just don't feel the need to outwardly project intelligence, and because of my laxidasical nature)

I get called a nutjob all the time, people just tend to think that I'm a little off center.

There's a lot more, but right now I'm on a public computer at Arifjan and there's a 10 minute limit...
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive