User Tag List

123 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default What do you feel of the facebook?

I think it's a big glorified support group for the verbally incompetent.

No, not "challenged".

Incompetent.

Perhaps disabled.

I've evaluated some of the people I know from both RL and FB, and I am getting quite confirmed that the Facebook is for people who want to be able to communicate and be together, but can't do so just as well because of their lacking communication skills in real life.

I just understood that the friends who most have anything to say (and have the ability to tell it) don't bother with the facebook.

The rest of them - many of whom I wonder why I keep them as friends in the first place - are active in facebook, although they are just unfunny and meaningless in their communication in the real life. Perhaps they're nice as humans, have good qualities unrelated to communication, but it's all the same. Ok. Some of them are great. It's just that I have to utilize endurance tactiques to withstand the situation of talking to them.

Pretty much the same as what you have to utilize to withstand my long yapping in this internet forum. No, I'm no good with the internet forums. I think that's quite clear.

In any case:

I think the key word is communication.

Those who are really good with it in real life, don't generally bother with the facebook.

Only a selected few talk of heavy facebook users talk of anything else than the kind of porrige they ate that morning. Most of those people won't speak of anything more interested in real life. Their instant messaging is weak, their communication sub-par. Pictures of kittens anyone? The daily weather?

Facebook, along with rest of the internet, might lessen the gap of advantaged and less advantaged people in communication, but so far the results don't seem promising.

Then, facebook is different from people on the internet in general. Many people on the internet seem to have important and interesting things to say. I don't think many active people on the internet make very lively conversationalists, though. Perhaps some do. It's ok. You write better than I. We can live with our differences, and mostly have a mutual respect and enjoy for what we have.

I love the internet for many reasons.

Still, facebook isn't one of them.

I can't understand that more people don't more loudly tell how much it sucks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Maybe you are right...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Yep pretty much.

I'm not on facebook myself, but that's pretty ridiculous. There's over 500 million members there, I think. Not all of them could fall into any category or have the same desires.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Nit-picking isn't going to make the thing go away. The people who are skilled in facebook and real face-to-face communication are extremely damned rare. I am surprised to see one who is half-skilled with both.

Edit: one guy I know is today both good in person and good facebook. Now that's the exception. He's not only half-good but he's good. Still, not as good as the good, specialized people. Evidently the site doesn't attract such people. The verbally able people are so hugely lacking from that site.. huh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

it's boring
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Eh the games can be fun. First time anyways, after that meh.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I've never gone there and I don't plan to.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Nit-picking isn't going to make the thing go away. The people who are skilled in facebook and real face-to-face communication are extremely damned rare. I am surprised to see one who is half-skilled with both.
    I think it's more likely that you're just an asshole. You should consider the possibility. Statistically speaking, that's less rare than people without communication skills. Of course, I'm pulling that out of my imaginary hat of statistics. I'm not sure if there's been a study.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I think it's a big glorified support group for the verbally incompetent.

No, not "challenged".

Incompetent.

Perhaps disabled.

I've evaluated some of the people I know from both RL and FB, and I am getting quite confirmed that the Facebook is for people who want to be able to communicate and be together, but can't do so just as well because of their lacking communication skills in real life.

I just understood that the friends who most have anything to say (and have the ability to tell it) don't bother with the facebook.
    That's a bit extreme statement to be making. Maybe you've just got the wrong Facebook friends but not everyone is like that. Sure there will always be some posters on Facebook who discuss mundane stuff and nothing of substance but that's by no means everybody who uses the site.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne