• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you feel of the facebook?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
About half, or perhaps a little less than half of my friends are involved with the study and practice of verbal communication. I'm in my 20th year on a perpetual course on speaking that assigns a variable number of public speaking opportunities a year and weekly lectures. Perhaps I'm not seeing enough of different kinds of people from different settings, and that's the problem. The rest of the little more than half are mostly from works, hobbies, wife's friends, friends met from elsewhere etc.

I'll have to think about it.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
And no, those who are involved with verbal communication in my life and those who speak well and have something to say, no, those are not connected on a 1-to-1 connection.

Many of them do well on class, but real excellence is perhaps 1:10..1:20 of the class participants, or of anyone involved in anything similar.

The people not primarily associated with verbal communication? I think they are just as excellent or un-excellent with their communication. It's just different.

On a second note, damned how I hate writing to the internet sometimes.